Ostheer Railway Artillery

PAGES (10)down
3 Feb 2016, 04:45 AM

Karbinder for president.
3 Feb 2016, 04:45 AM

Karbinder for president.

*#Gustav2016!
3 Feb 2016, 04:52 AM

Wunderwaffe - is just what makes game balance terrible. There was enough brainless comeback moves such as struggling until IS-2/KT/JT/ISU. That could be just another one. Do we really need it?
3 Feb 2016, 04:56 AM
Donator 11

I actually like this idea. It's not overpowered considering the nerfs made by Karbinder in addition to the buffs.

It will only work vs. static targets (ggwp Brits)
3 Feb 2016, 04:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 04:52 AMMLad
Wunderwaffe - is just what makes game balance terrible. There was enough brainless comeback moves such as struggling until IS-2/KT/JT/ISU. That could be just another one. Do we really need it?

If I must answer...
3 Feb 2016, 05:02 AM

I actually like this idea. It's not overpowered considering the changes made by Karbinder

My thoughts exactly. :D

If this idea doesn't work, I guess It can always change to a 32 Cp ability that destroys half the map.

3 Feb 2016, 06:23 AM
Patrion 28

afaik there is 0 point in giving it any pen over ~~600 as nothing that i know of has armour that high. 1k pen just means it always pens and covers feature wunder waffles.

onto the idea as a whole.
i support the idea of making railway a single, more powerful shot both for realism and to distinguish it from all the other things in the game that use the same shell. with that said, the stats you posted would make it OP bullshit. it wouldn't quite have the issues that air supremacy have because none of the allied teams tech outside the base sector.

i'm also ok with the current railway global because it looks cool, it's relatively cheap (it's ~~50mun less than similar strikes without doing a whole lot less damage) and it has a REALLY short cooldown. it does have several strong draw backs though as it's not cheap enough to spam if you spent munitions on anything else, it has a long calldown time, a lot of scatter and the last two shells, and it'll only kill a medium tank on a direct hit.
3 Feb 2016, 06:28 AM

What if it neutralized a sector when used, as well?
3 Feb 2016, 06:30 AM

What if it neutralized a sector when used, as well?

Then it would just be a large stuka 50kg bomb strike. ^_^
3 Feb 2016, 06:31 AM

afaik there is 0 point in giving it any pen over ~~600 as nothing that i know of has armour that high. 1k pen just means it always pens and covers feature wunder waffles.

onto the idea as a whole.
i support the idea of making railway a single, more powerful shot both for realism and to distinguish it from all the other things in the game that use the same shell. with that said, the stats you posted would make it OP bullshit. it wouldn't quite have the issues that air supremacy have because none of the allied teams tech outside the base sector.

i'm also ok with the current railway global because it looks cool, it's relatively cheap (it's ~~50mun less than similar strikes without doing a whole lot less damage) and it has a REALLY short cooldown. it does have several strong draw backs though as it's not cheap enough to spam if you spent munitions on anything else, it has a long calldown time, a lot of scatter and the last two shells, and it'll only kill a medium tank on a direct hit.

Describing it as "OP" would really only be relevant if facing against a sim city, which in my opinion should be frowned upon. Also, it's 2k penetrations because I like the sound of having double the maximum.
3 Feb 2016, 06:56 AM
Patrion 28

Describing it as "OP" would really only be relevant if facing against a sim city, which in my opinion should be frowned upon.

there are ways hit things other than buildings (even if that involves the other player being bad). alternatively, if it never hit's anything other than buildings it's UP and not worth having in the game.
3 Feb 2016, 07:45 AM
Donator 11

High CP requirements, high munition cost. If the game goes on for too long, this should be the tie braker.

So, just drag out the game and 1 click win?

Pre-nerf scavenge arty comes to mind here. In case nobody remembers: cause a full retreat on some USF player, then wipe his troops and complete base - or just the latter at any time, whatever floats your boat.

Though chaining these mini-nukes in large team games would be fun fun fun :snfPeter: (not)
3 Feb 2016, 08:49 AM

-Penetration increased from 1000 to 2000.
~Karbinder

Because there are so much vehicles with 1000 armor =)
3 Feb 2016, 09:10 AM

Maybe with next thread he wanted to suggest 3000 armor ratte as new stock unit for ost :snfBarton:
3 Feb 2016, 09:11 AM

The idea of iWipe button for tons of ammo is dumb.

Just lower time for the first and next shells and keep ling time, give louder sound and remove flares.

Just like Jadgtiger with 500 penetration needs bulletins for higher penetration :snfPeter:
3 Feb 2016, 09:28 AM

Permanently Banned
Its a good idea for merica nuke bombs MVGame
3 Feb 2016, 11:49 AM

ahahaha)))))

Interesting idea to bring back a V1-type offmap. Maybe someone'll make a mod for a test
3 Feb 2016, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 07:45 AMkamk

So, just drag out the game and 1 click win?

Pre-nerf scavenge arty comes to mind here. In case nobody remembers: cause a full retreat on some USF player, then wipe his troops and complete base - or just the latter at any time, whatever floats your boat.

Though chaining these mini-nukes in large team games would be fun fun fun :snfPeter: (not)

I still don't understand why everyone thinks that this will instantly win the game...
It can't even target in the base sector, so the only way it would be effective, is if someone isn't looking at their blob/sim city for 20 seconds...
3 Feb 2016, 18:25 PM

King Tiger gets 2000 Armor in the next patch. :megusta:
3 Feb 2016, 21:45 PM

ahahaha)))))

Interesting idea to bring back a V1-type offmap. Maybe someone'll make a mod for a test

I don't know if anyone would even be willing to take their time to implement this suggestion into a mod, unless it's relic for one of their patch previews.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 53
Sweden 12
Poland 10
United States 15
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W