Login

russian armor

Soviets dealing with heavy late german armor

31 Jan 2016, 12:33 PM

Three Soviet commanders are just worse PAID rehashes of each other.

Conscript support = A worse version of Reserve army with no AT partisans and howitzer
Anti-infantry tactics = worse version of terror tactics without artillery and bombing run
NKVD rifle disruption = The most useless allied commander patched together with features from other commanders.

What was the commander that gave 2 t34/85s? I bought that commander and they changed it. How do I get my money back?
31 Jan 2016, 12:38 PM

Just suck it up, and learn to play.

Completely necessary. Why was it important to say this?

PS: Watching my language cause I get invissed for calling out people being... mean? Is calling someone mean defamation too? Lets find out.
31 Jan 2016, 12:49 PM

I learned today that Elefants are considered too strong.
These forum never leave me bored.
31 Jan 2016, 13:00 PM
Benefactor 392

Soviets have so many tools to take out bigger tanks, such as an overwhelming number of 34-76 combined with guards and AT-guns/Tank destroyers, as well as abilities such as mark target or even partisans. mines as well help in bait and trap situations. and don't forget to upgrade your cons.

Usually when i play as the sovs, i usually aim to bully off the heavy tanks out of play over trying to kill it outright.
Until you can kill off some support enough to swarm the primary targets it's all about pushing back your opponent into submission.

this is how i play the soviets.
31 Jan 2016, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 10:35 AMTAKTCOM

Sounds like Close Air Support:megusta:

its the sovjet counter version :megusta:

i saw barton playing it once and tuned the strat a bit and now it works almost always for me. the only way how i lose is when people don't blob :foreveralone:
31 Jan 2016, 13:35 PM
Donator 22

poor poor soviets :nahnah:

31 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 11:47 AMTAKTCOM

So this meta for 10 top players? Apparently, the rest of 6215 players is not important:guyokay:

Never knew you cant use effective BOs until you top player.
31 Jan 2016, 22:39 PM

I played a game as OKW with the Break Through doctrine last week in a 4v4 for fun and faced 2brits 2Sov. They had us pretty well beat with a B4 lucky round on my base taking out 4 infantry squads and 2 mortar pits in the forward half of the map with 2 boffas.

Using 2 pumas and 2 Stukas managed to hold out to end game and get a JT up (Glad to see you cannot call that out as well as the non doctrinal heavy). With the JT and the flare on the call in infantry managed to get 49k damage with the JT.. The SU85s have absolutely nothing on the JT and the barrage ability it has is absolutely devastating on any form of AT set up in defense. 2 shots on any allied tank I came across besides the IS2 which isn't hard when you have the range the JT has.

I had 2 infantry squads by the end, a JT and 5 stukas and that cheese tactic saw the JT singly hold the allied tanks and the stukas racked up spot on 250 kills between them. Nothing tactical about that play style at all. 1 JT and a unit to flare was all I needed.
1 Feb 2016, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 10:55 AMJadame!

God forbid play the meta of top 10 players aka 3 cons into maxims in 1v1 and variations of maximspam in 2v2+.

Way easier to create senseless whine topics.

3 cons maxim into what may i ask?

thats just a basic early game build order. tell me the mid game when german infantry have better weapons and can wipe conscripts without losing much.
1 Feb 2016, 05:12 AM

The only actual german infantry that have notable superiority are obers. The rest are actually worse than allied infantry in regards to dual equipping and veterancy bonuses or barely equal considering cost.

Obers, Falls, Fusiliers.
A pumped up Fusilier blob is probably one of the most deadly anti infantry blobs.

Wehrmacht has the short end of the stick as far as elite infantry goes :(
1 Feb 2016, 05:24 AM

Obers, Falls, Fusiliers.
A pumped up Fusilier blob is probably one of the most deadly anti infantry blobs.

Wehrmacht has the short end of the stick as far as elite infantry goes :(

Every gren squad gets a mg42.

I think they are OK
1 Feb 2016, 05:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 05:24 AMpoop

Every gren squad gets a mg42.

I think they are OK

While every usf and brit squad gets x2 lmg and soviets get x2 dp on guards.
And have much more potent vet in the case of USF and Brits.
1 Feb 2016, 05:34 AM

While every usf and brit squad gets x2 lmg and soviets get x2 dp on guards.
And have much more potent vet in the case of USF and Brits.

Guards are not basic inf. They're doctrinal call-in inf, so they hardly belong on that list.
1 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

Guards are not basic inf. They're doctrinal call-in inf, so they hardly belong on that list.

While you can use doctrines without gaurds/shocks you are doing yourself a great disservice by not having them. scripts are the only basic infantry that don't get a lmg, they get a doctrinal smg. Funny enough scripts are actually pretty deadly with Vicker's K.

But my point still stands in regards to USF and Brit infantry in contrast to Wehrmacht infantry and the lack of a elite infantry option that can go toe to toe with the allied blobs that are so rampant this patch.
This pushes's Wehr to abuse the hell out of Panzerwerfer as a result.
1 Feb 2016, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 02:41 AMwongtp
thats just a basic early game build order. tell me the mid game when german infantry have better weapons and can wipe conscripts without losing much.

Depends on a situation, but most likely, rushed t70.

Also German infantry are bad and have immense troubles dealing with cons supported by maximS until late game, where you would have your op tanks.
1 Feb 2016, 06:00 AM

Soviets have so many tools to take out bigger tanks, such as an overwhelming number of 34-76 combined with guards and AT-guns/Tank destroyers, as well as abilities such as mark target or even partisans. mines as well help in bait and trap situations. and don't forget to upgrade your cons.

Usually when i play as the sovs, i usually aim to bully off the heavy tanks out of play over trying to kill it outright.
Until you can kill off some support enough to swarm the primary targets it's all about pushing back your opponent into submission.

this is how i play the soviets.

and this is why your 1500 rank
1 Feb 2016, 06:01 AM

While you can use doctrines without gaurds/shocks you are doing yourself a great disservice by not having them.

Which makes a large number of the doctrines useless. Sad but true.
1 Feb 2016, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 06:00 AMpugzii

and this is why your 1500 rank

:hansREKT:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Germany 671
Russian Federation 44
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10