Login

russian armor

Soviets dealing with heavy late german armor

aaa
31 Jan 2016, 01:50 AM

...are not. Not calling for huge buffs to Soviet arsenal, just better balance to help these units play out against each other fairly.

strategist have 10 1v1 games. Your game knowledge muts be beyond any words.
aaa
31 Jan 2016, 02:20 AM

Because Soviets is not a profitable faction and relic focuses on milking their cash cows (OKW and UKF)

i think the same. You shouldnt even play to know how retarded this game is. OKW tech tree cost almost nothing. The difference between same unit types 3485-p4 or katy-stuka is smth like 500MP/100F. With that there is no qustion of skill.
OH sniper cloak makes him impossible to kill while he bleeds you whole game. That was proven on the top level. RElic is probably thinking how to milk money out of players who already paid more than game worth.

The only good thing is graphics which is misleading to anyone who doesnt know how bad and imbalanced gameplay is.
31 Jan 2016, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 01:50 AMaaa

you have 10 1v1 games. Your game knowledge muts be beyond any words.

WHat the point here? if you play 1vs1 games, you know the game better? Can we stop the war between who play 4vs4 and who play 4vs4? i dont think this path will make us submit better ideas to relic..
aaa
31 Jan 2016, 03:43 AM

WHat the point here? if you play 1vs1 games, you know the game better? Can we stop the war between who play 4vs4 and who play 4vs4? i dont think this path will make us submit better ideas to relic..

i quoted another user not you. sorry
31 Jan 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 03:43 AMaaa

i quoted another user not you. sorry

no problem sir, just dont make flame wars in my thread please, i made this to get some feedback about soviets that doesn't got tools to deal with late german tanks, not to your post about another playey.
31 Jan 2016, 05:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 23:12 PMPlaguer

You should be more open minded with builds

My mind is open to reason. All what you said looks like a dog&pony show, but at least I can see some sense. All your infantry is a handful of engineers and conscripts. ISU VS PAK40 and Shrekers, AT-gun vs armor and T-34-76 helps with rushing tanks. You can even use IL with bombs vs PAK.43
This is not ideal, you can still lose you ZiS very easy form indirect fire and then german TD torn to pieces your armor. Or arrange Prokhorovka with the same results<444>_<444>

Elefants and Jagdtigers don't have MGs...

They have. I test Elefant vs 1 ZiS gun, in close distance TD kill AT-gun. lol. It's wierd and untypical but still. Much more important is the Jagdtige barrage ability. It's like of SU-76 or Zis have but much much batter.
31 Jan 2016, 06:50 AM

Soviets are completely fine in pretty much all areas except for Penals and slight T4 tweaks. Just suck it up, and learn to play.

P.S.: in big team games you have teammates, P47 rocket runs, arty cover, mechanized arty, etc all give allied teams huge advantages in 4 vs 4 lategame set piece battles
31 Jan 2016, 07:02 AM

been a problem since day one.

tanks are barely the problem here, KT, tigers are nothing, easily defeated by tank destroyers which outrange them.

its the heavy TDs

elefants were already a big problem back then for soviet AT, you just have no solution to it apart from double AT guns or going t34 85s to flank.

jagdtiger pushes that problem off the scale, impregnable frontal armour and insane gun values, you need to catch it off guard or use katyushas to chase away infantry support around it, then send in every to disable and pelt AT shells at it.

the true problem for this is rear armour of heavy tanks and t34/76s being utter crap. while cheap, these things are useless. they do not have the hp to take shots nor the firepower to even pen rear armour.

the thing is that jagd/elefants has got 150 rear armor, vs 80/100/120pen for t34 76s, thats only 53%/66.7%/80% to pen, completely absymal for a rear armor hit.

if soviets have an effective medium tank they can actually mass late game, things might be a little different.
31 Jan 2016, 07:07 AM

What is armored assault.
31 Jan 2016, 07:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 07:07 AMJadame!
What is armored assault.

hahaha, u try to work with conscripts only infantry build, we know how that goes.
31 Jan 2016, 07:19 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I think wongtp is right the rear armour is too tough for the t34/76 to penetrate. It is already very tough and risky to flank the elefant and jagdtiger but to be punished by failing to penetrate is insulting. It almost necessitates mark target because you need the bonus damage to make up for the shots that don't pen or miss.
31 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

Soviets are completely fine in pretty much all areas except for Penals and slight T4 tweaks. Just suck it up, and learn to play.

People think differently
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47377/please-fix-the-maxim-dshka-and-50cal-drop-on-retreat
https://www.coh2.org/topic/46856/b-4
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47145/soviet-artillery
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47121/special-rifle-command-soviet
https://www.coh2.org/topic/46731/t34-76-now-useless
https://www.coh2.org/topic/48556/should-t-34-85-be-non-doctrinal
https://www.coh2.org/topic/48013/as-esl-shows-bm-13-katusha-need-a-little-buff
https://www.coh2.org/topic/48014/penals-need-buff-redesign
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47669/quad-m5-bad-aa
and etc and etc

P.S.: in big team games you have teammates, P47 rocket runs, arty cover, mechanized arty, etc all give allied teams huge advantages in 4 vs 4 lategame set piece battles

It's a fairy tale, except arty cover which is PayToWin pure form.
31 Jan 2016, 07:37 AM

All of those links save two are either about Penals or slight T4 tweaks, so I'm right. Thanks I guess?

And I don't understand how it's a fairy tale, just try and use teamwork and find commander synergies.

I'll end with this, most team game players suck and the axis factions are more forgiving at that level of play. Combine this with the longer sight ranges on big maps for axis units and you have a scenario where even though balance exists it's not perceivable to that population.

31 Jan 2016, 08:26 AM

All of those links save two are either about Penals or slight T4 tweaks, so I'm right. Thanks I guess?

And I don't understand how it's a fairy tale, just try and use teamwork and find commander synergies.

I'll end with this, most team game players suck and the axis factions are more forgiving at that level of play. Combine this with the longer sight ranges on big maps for axis units and you have a scenario where even though balance exists it's not perceivable to that population.

+ 1.000

And the fact that allies won every game in the recent 4v4 tournament. Even the 4v4 stats are balanced out.
31 Jan 2016, 08:45 AM

IMO both JT and Ele should be even slower than they are now.
Engine upgrade for JT should be removed.
Also acceleration of both tank destroyers lowered a little.

Because right now JT with engine upgrade reverse speed is same as IS2 speed, its ridiculous
31 Jan 2016, 09:31 AM

Three Soviet commanders are just worse PAID rehashes of each other.

Conscript support = A worse version of Reserve army with no AT partisans and howitzer
Anti-infantry tactics = worse version of terror tactics without artillery and bombing run
NKVD rifle disruption = The most useless allied commander patched together with features from other commanders.

I dare you to say again that sov anti infantry tactics is a worse paid rehash of terror tactics. it is not. sov anti infantry tactics is awesome. if you know what you are doing you can completely destroy your enemy's infantry game play. for example if you are playing against an okw player who obviously like to blob, they are doing you a favor. bcs everytime they blob forward you drop in fear propaganda and they retreat, you push up your line and you can continue doing that until you are in front of his base.

BUT thats not all, you dont only have fear prop, but you also got recon + inciendary barrage ^^. so lets see: recon + fear prop+ incendiary = :lolol: = GG How? He blobs forward, you fear prop, and drop a recon in his base + the incendiary. GG right there! If you timed well your blobbing friend has no infantry left and with that also no map control which meanes that you start spamming some tanks a crap load of t34's or su-85s or what ever you like.

So i would like to conclude that this IS an powerful commander and not a copy cat but just something different. (though agree with you on the rest of your post)

To topic: you could for example use this commander and make sure that there never comes a time where you have to deal with elephants or jagdtigers.
31 Jan 2016, 09:35 AM
31 Jan 2016, 10:35 AM

Airborn is realy rare now, since tanderbolt nerf. Airpane can't kill full HP Jagtiger or Elefant. Mechanized company is recognized like losers company. Recon arty much better in theory but... well recon even worse then mechanized in common.

I'll end with this, most team game players suck and the axis factions are more forgiving at that level of play.

I agree. In the end, all of our problems as axis players end when we print on the battlefield pack of tigers and panthers, accompanying shrekers hordes.

I will just say that soviets is competitive. Yes, they spamers and yes they do not use half of their units. But still, they competitive.
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 07:07 AMJadame!
What is armored assault.

Deadborn twin of Consript Tactics.

so lets see: recon + fear prop+ incendiary = :lolol: = GG How?

Sounds like Close Air Support:megusta:

Guy you says that T34/76 can beat JPIV, Stug or Puma can't be taken seriously.

T-34-76 can beat JPIV, Stug or Puma with support. Which brings us back "soviets need an entire army to kill 1 german tank". Kinda tired of this crap. This is one of those reasons why I am now a little play in CoH2. And when I play, I take OPKW and have 4 win from every 5 matches in 3x3 or 4x4. My team do same. 2-3 OPKW and 1 Wehrmacht untermench for cash building, HMG, airsupport and etc.
If is play soviet, i stop build tanks. Germans, brits and even yankеes have better armor <444>_<444> So i build T0, T2, some call infantry and T4. Few katy, one, maybe two SU-85. End.
31 Jan 2016, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 07:11 AMwongtp
hahaha, u try to work with conscripts only infantry build, we know how that goes.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 10:35 AMTAKTCOM
Deadborn twin of Consript Tactics.

God forbid play the meta of top 10 players aka 3 cons into maxims in 1v1 and variations of maximspam in 2v2+.

Way easier to create senseless whine topics.
31 Jan 2016, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 10:55 AMJadame!

God forbid play the meta of top 10 players aka 3 cons into maxims in 1v1 and variations of maximspam in 2v2+.

So this meta for 10 top players? Apparently, the rest of 6215 players is not important:guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★