Login

russian armor

Soviets dealing with heavy late german armor

30 Jan 2016, 14:12 PM

Against Jagd, Elefant, King Tiger.

Soviets got no way with dealing with.

IS-2 Is to slow to flank, and frontally he loose.

Isu-152 - Can't penetrate.

At guns- Get easily killed and destroyed by stukas and Panzerwefers.

Su-85 get killed by two shoots...

30 Jan 2016, 14:48 PM

Against Jagd, Elefant, King Tiger.

Soviets got no way with dealing with.

IS-2 Is to slow to flank, and frontally he loose.

Isu-152 - Can't penetrate.

At guns- Get easily killed and destroyed by stukas and Panzerwefers.

Su-85 get killed by two shoots...

Your card tells you to l2p, and stop playing 4v4
30 Jan 2016, 14:59 PM

im not saying i can't win. but we got no tools.

and don't tell me what mode i should play, in not your stuff, and this is a balance forum. if u got nothing smart to say, then shup up.
30 Jan 2016, 14:59 PM

You are partly right.

KT is not an issue at all but Ele and JT are different.
SU don't have fast flanking tank destroyers. Their best TD, SU85 is melted by Ele/JT.
They don't have powerful TD with turret and tulips.

I'd say ingore it and use infantry but since OKW blob with Fusisilier and Obers will melt SU infantry, you are force to use vehicles.

They only way of to kill Ele/JT is to catch it out of position, get behind, block and finish it. But still it's just easy in theory becasue of schrecks blobs etc + if we assume enemy won't overrun his JT, well, it's not that easy to handle it.

Try AT nades with IL-2 bombs and mart targe to make it easier.
Recently Ive killed tons of JTs in 2v2 by spamming KV1s and rushing with 4 of them at once from different directions combined with Shocks on Motherland's steroids.
30 Jan 2016, 15:28 PM

Permanently Banned
You can try spam su-76 or t-34-76 :D, but imo you are right a little.
30 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM

Katyusha is your only hope as Soviet (and Allied) late game....
30 Jan 2016, 16:11 PM

Soviets are by far the weakest Allied faction. Sometimes medium tank spam can work (with infantry support to get rid of the Paks/Raketen). Elefant and Jagdtiger can´t fight more than one tank at a time. But if you didn´t choose the right doctrine, you have the short stick.

One of the main reasons imo why the T-34/76 and T-34/85 should be swapped.
30 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM

stop the bullcrap posting.

OP is right, SU has no NON doctrinal real counter to them. getting 2 early su85, which are worthless against infantry, trying to vet them up to vet 3 is a good deal tho. even on frontal assaults.

non doctrinal t34 85 would help A LOT.

or P2W Su100 commander? OpieOP
30 Jan 2016, 17:04 PM

non doctrinal t34 85 would help A LOT.

or P2W Su100 commander? OpieOP

I have been wondering why there was no su-100 for a long time now. It really isn't fair how Germany gets late war armor and Russia gets mid war armor.
30 Jan 2016, 17:06 PM

soviets got alot of anti infantry stuff.

but agaisnt tanks.. we suck hard..
30 Jan 2016, 17:10 PM

soviets got alot of anti infantry stuff.

but against tanks.. we suck hard..

If only it followed the war and forced P3s to fight T34s from 12-18 minutes
30 Jan 2016, 17:17 PM

If only it followed the war and forced P3s to fight T34s from 12-18 minutes

funny thing i think soviets got the most commanders, but the less tools for anti tanks!
30 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

funny thing i think soviets got the most commanders, but the less tools for anti tanks!

Yeah I think there are about 6 Commanders that share 10-12 abilities and none of them are an answer to "wtf am I going to do about that King Tiger?".

Spawning 2 t34/85s was great back in the day. Do it twice and you were going to be relatively ok.
30 Jan 2016, 17:31 PM

Agree with Aussie Magic for the most part, KT is a non-issue since SU-85s and 76s can kite it with some skill.

Generally, you're going to need offmap arty and coordinated vehicles to push off an Ele of Jagd. I generally prefer Incendiary since it comes with an IS-2, so burn out the shreks and MGs then push in with your IS-2 to bait attention while a teammate executes the flank with his own tanks
30 Jan 2016, 17:44 PM

Agree with Aussie Magic for the most part, KT is a non-issue since SU-85s and 76s can kite it with some skill.

Generally, you're going to need offmap arty and coordinated vehicles to push off an Ele of Jagd. I generally prefer Incendiary since it comes with an IS-2, so burn out the shreks and MGs then push in with your IS-2 to bait attention while a teammate executes the flank with his own tanks

i know all those stuff, but against good players it won't work. and it need alot of coordinations. and the german player all he had to do is pull back the jagd for the durations of the off maps abilitys, and come back 3 mins laters. and with okw anti air truck, the planes sometimes get shoot in less than 10 secs.

Your like OK GREAT i got a plane attack, 5 secs later..ok it already dead..
30 Jan 2016, 17:46 PM

i do agree that king tiger isnt a issue.. i just wanted to point out that germans got alot of anti tanks stuff. and jagd protected by wehr panthers.. u forget the flanks with soviets.

only british with fireflys and tulips can hit thems hard..
30 Jan 2016, 17:57 PM

Seems like Broken Target with T-34-85 spam doesnt work.
Su-76s + ATGs guarded by Guards, mines, at nades arent a thing anymore.
Su-85s and Is-2 are useless.

Sure.

Soviets got the best tools in the allied arsenal to deal with axis armor.
30 Jan 2016, 18:07 PM

I have been wondering why there was no su-100 for a long time now. It really isn't fair how Germany gets late war armor and Russia gets mid war armor.

Because Soviets is not a profitable faction and relic focuses on milking their cash cows (OKW and UKF)

-No Su-122
-No Su-100
-No BS-3 100 MM AT gun

The fundamental chronology of the tech is broken after they introduced OKW, which is 1944-1945 wunderwaffe unlimited, and UKF too. Comet almost never saw action. Both these factions get late war tech, USF is 1944 too but their units are not unreasonable.

Soviets get stuck in mid 1942-43. Why? Because fuck you give us money!

HOWEVER I will admit that before the ardennes offensive DLC, the wehr vs soviet armor matchup was not that one sided , but then again the balance was even more messed up in those days
30 Jan 2016, 18:13 PM

Three Soviet commanders are just worse PAID rehashes of each other.

Conscript support = A worse version of Reserve army with no AT partisans and howitzer
Anti-infantry tactics = worse version of terror tactics without artillery and bombing run
NKVD rifle disruption = The most useless allied commander patched together with features from other commanders.

30 Jan 2016, 18:28 PM

Seems like Broken Target with T-34-85 spam doesnt work.
Su-76s + ATGs guarded by Guards, mines, at nades arent a thing anymore.
Su-85s and Is-2 are useless.

Sure.

Soviets got the best tools in the allied arsenal to deal with axis armor.

british got the best tools to deal with late german armor.

su-72 get 1 shoted by jagd, su-85 two shots, is-2 can't even get near becouse of his speed and no hp to tank.

if u go guards, u get then owned by schreeks volks. atgs get easily killed by stuka, the first sec u hear stuka sound, it to late to move your at guns. only way is to time out and move thems before stukas fire. but still that is alot of coordination.

im not saying everthing is broken, im just saying that we go no counter to those tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★