Login

russian armor

Panzer Tactician Smoke is outright broken

30 Jan 2016, 15:48 PM

Its since the release, while it was yourfavorute game, why all of a sudden is so broken?
30 Jan 2016, 18:00 PM

Attack Ground.
30 Jan 2016, 18:11 PM
Patrion 28

i don't think it's broken but i think it's unfair that the axis, who generally have the better tanks, are the ones who can get tank smoke on all their vehicles. it gives their tanks, which already have higher survivability, even higher survivability while the allies end up bleeding tanks in a game about unit preservation.
30 Jan 2016, 19:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Attack Ground.

Comet cries.
30 Jan 2016, 19:09 PM

Smoke is annoying, but fair. It should never have been released in this state, but its too late now.

I would have made it fire a line of smoke just in front of the tank, but take just a few seconds to launch to give player with fast reactions time to make a decision about what to do.

Attack ground is your friend. Do it well behind the tank if you can so that you can increase your chances of hitting the tank (shot accuracy is based on target size and distance).
30 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM

yeah i also think the mortar smoke commander is broken OP
30 Jan 2016, 19:17 PM

Just replace it with light smoke nade like british commandos

Not block everything smoke
30 Jan 2016, 19:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Panzer tactician is fine, but I wish they didn't have it on the Tiger commanders.
30 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

It's pretty much a get out of jail free card which rewards bad play. As others of said it's too late now however.

They do need to give the Comet a projectile, that should of been mandatory.
30 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

Smoke is one of the best abilities in the game. It's interactive and rewards more interaction and attacking. As a defensive ability, it doesn't actually cause one-shot squad wipes which makes it way lower than all the bullsh*t in this game that does wipe squads in one shot that you can't respond too.
30 Jan 2016, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Increase the cost of it and other similar abilities. Make them all more get-out-of-jail and not get-out-of-jail-free.
30 Jan 2016, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 20:02 PMVuther
Increase the cost of it and other similar abilities. Make them all more get-out-of-jail and not get-out-of-jail-free.

Panzer Tactician costs 30 munis. Concealing Smoke on flak track is actually free. The M20 and AEC also get smoke AND are non-doctrinal. Note that Panzer Tactician takes up one of there doctrinal abilities slots.
30 Jan 2016, 20:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Panzer Tactician costs 30 munis. Concealing Smoke on flak track is actually free. The M20 and AEC also get smoke AND are non-doctrinal. Note that Panzer Tactician takes up one of there doctrinal abilities slots.

You're right, in addition to a cost increase, all of those such abilities should have double the cooldown. :megusta:

They really all could use a simple cost increase to hurt a player making regular use of them. 30 muni to save a tank is like giving someone a wire in return for a new laptop, and keeping a rushed M20 about longer is still very powerful.

Except for the Flak's, I believe it being free is entirely acceptable considering it is a defensive unit that requires being entirely still to shoot making it easy prey for just about AT with a bit of range.
30 Jan 2016, 21:12 PM

yes it is bullshit.

It should be like Allied Sherman smoke or Allies to get panzer tac smoke on their Shermans.
30 Jan 2016, 21:18 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't think any vehicle should get this ability. The smoke on AEC's and m20s are just rage inducing early game.
30 Jan 2016, 21:51 PM

The ability isn't outright broken but

I don't think any vehicle should get this ability. The smoke on AEC's and m20s are just rage inducing early game.

This. Increase cost of all such abilities. They are just annoying.
30 Jan 2016, 22:13 PM
Patrion 14

Mortar smoke is fine. Don't touch what isn't broken.
30 Jan 2016, 22:38 PM

If we're nerfing smoke, let's also look at brit smoke; otherwise it's fine.

30 Jan 2016, 22:43 PM
Donator 22

i don't think it's broken but i think it's unfair that the axis, who generally have the better tanks, are the ones who can get tank smoke on all their vehicles. it gives their tanks, which already have higher survivability, even higher survivability while the allies end up bleeding tanks in a game about unit preservation.

Well, German tanks DID have this ability. Check out the picture below in Band of Brothers where it is being used:

Also, British tanks have doctrinal smoke as well, so your assertion axis are the only one with defensive smoke is incorrect.

One last thing. Shermans did indeed have White Phosphorus rounds. One of the uses of this was to shoot it directly on to German tanks where it stuck and burned for several minutes obscuring the vision of its crew (essentially blinding them) until the German tank could be dealt with. Would be a cool ability actually. B-)
31 Jan 2016, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 22:43 PMMortar

Well, German tanks DID have this ability. Check out the picture below in Band of Brothers where it is being used:

Also, British tanks have doctrinal smoke as well, so your assertion axis are the only one with defensive smoke is incorrect.

One last thing. Shermans did indeed have White Phosphorus rounds. One of the uses of this was to shoot it directly on to German tanks where it stuck and burned for several minutes obscuring the vision of its crew (essentially blinding them) until the German tank could be dealt with. Would be a cool ability actually. B-)

It's awesome, but arguably not very relevant for a Coh2 balance forum ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★