Login

russian armor

Mobile App?

29 Jan 2016, 14:11 PM

I have pretty much 0 knowledge on this topic since im an ole timer but hopefully some of you young whipper-snappers can shed some light for me?

What price range would we be looking at to develop a mobile app/site for coh2.org?

What would be upkeep costs per month?

Could we have a community funded event where proceeds went to developing this?
29 Jan 2016, 14:53 PM

I would suggest a mobile version of the site instead of an app
29 Jan 2016, 15:02 PM

I mean, it depends. A huge number of mobile apps are merely mobile versions of websites launched from an app instead of the web browser. There are frameworks you can get that allow you to code a site in HTML/CSS/JS and then have it deploy to Android/iOS/WP without even doing native coding. The reason people do this is because it's simpler and easier as a cross-platform solution.

If you're going to code a mobile friendly version of the site for deployment on phones, it raises the question of why not just have a mobile friendly style sheet and web design to begin with. Instead of making this new dedicated thing to deploy to an app store, remake the website so that it is adaptive / reflexive and touch friendly. Whether this actually involves an m.coh2.org separate site for mobile phones or whether it literally is just the same page with elements that change in CSS based on screen size, it can be done and it is the superior, easier to maintain and more elegant solution.

29 Jan 2016, 15:52 PM

I would love a app, its really hard to browse with a phone right now.
29 Jan 2016, 16:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Browse here on my phone a good 70% of the time.

Mobile version of this site had issues with shout box and using emotes/ html tags sometimes, but I've actually added autocorrect terms for :snfPeter: and foreveralone.

I don't see the need for a mobile app. What would be the main focus of it? Live streams viewing?(twitch app)?Replay watching?(PogChamp)

Maybe some tweaks to the current mobile version of the site already, but a new app altogether no, don't see a need
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★