Login

russian armor

Stuart mp price

29 Jan 2016, 15:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 15:09 PMKatitof

Well, T-70 doesn't survive 2nd hit at least, this translates to 50% less survivability vs Stuart and Luchs.

it can with the repair
29 Jan 2016, 15:16 PM

You have to be out of combat for that. I do not think one should quantify repair possibilities when counting shots to kill an unit. It's like tickling out little details for a straw-man discussion e.g. Luchs could infinite hits if repaired by infinite number of engineers :D
29 Jan 2016, 15:16 PM

T70 is 210. Lol no.
29 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 15:09 PMKatitof

Well, T-70 doesn't survive 2nd hit at least, this translates to 50% less survivability vs Stuart and Luchs.

But can agree on the 2nd part.

While its rather clear why meds and heavies are priced as they are, prices for lights are questionable at times, the best example would be WC51 vs M3, where WC51 have every single stat inferior, except for the price, which is considerably higher, higher then most "heavy" lights when it comes to mp and still much higher then other comparable lights when it comes to fuel.

Or 250 being at 40fu where HTs that actually reinforce and are armed are at 30.

Agreed. Pricing is weird to me. M3 is 15 fuel. 222 is 15 fuel... 222 hardcounters M3. M20 is 20 fuel and 130 extra MP but is hardcountered by 222.
29 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

You have to be out of combat for that. I do not think one should quantify repair possibilities when counting shots to kill an unit. It's like tickling out little details for a straw-man discussion e.g. Luchs could infinite hits if repaired by infinite number of engineers :D

you dont have to be out of combat with the t70 repair, the doc one is another story.
29 Jan 2016, 15:23 PM

Whoever pops a T-70 repair whilst in combat will lose it, as it disables movement. It is not the best tactic of survival.

Or are you merely trying to add some fallafy to the discussion just because T70 is able to survive three shots if it pops repairs in combat.. uurgh.
29 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

Whoever pops a T-70 repair whilst in combat will lose it, as it disables movement. It is not the best tactic of survival.

It doesn't disable movement, it slows it.
Using it at right time will save the tank where it would die otherwise.
29 Jan 2016, 15:25 PM

Cheers for clarification, but I still would not consider the T70's self repair ability as a reason for it to require a price hike.
29 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 15:24 PMKatitof

It doesn't disable movement, it slows it.
Using it at right time will save the tank where it would die otherwise.

It doesn't slow it either.

I use it all the time to safe my t70's from that pesky second pak shot.

It's hilariously usefull and means it about as survivable as the luchs/stuart, atleast vs atg's (and guess which faction can only build an atg in time to slow down the t70 :foreveralone: )
29 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

Because its not.
Is anyone even suggesting price increase for it here?
29 Jan 2016, 15:30 PM
Donator 11

Soviets are pretty manpower bled these days that the t70 doesnt really need a mp increase, unless he is going maxims ofc :snfPeter:
29 Jan 2016, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 14:39 PMSirlami

Usf is only manpower starved when you play badly or your opponent is much better, lmg rifles, paras, rangers all trade super cost effectively.

Also you may say that usf bleeds against snipers, well thats not the point in this thread, i know that the ost sniper needs a rof nerf or smth, but im not talking about that here.

I wouldn't balance USF around LMG rifles. Paras are great but the doctrine is weak. Rangers don't trade at all well until like vet 3 I don't know what you're talking about on that one.

Typically a USF with no doctrine is trying to close the gap against your opponent with your bars. Which means you'll be taking casualties. Plus you're always assaulting to try to close the game out.
29 Jan 2016, 19:24 PM
Donator 11

I wouldn't balance USF around LMG rifles. Paras are great but the doctrine is weak. Rangers don't trade at all well until like vet 3 I don't know what you're talking about on that one.

Typically a USF with no doctrine is trying to close the gap against your opponent with your bars. Which means you'll be taking casualties. Plus you're always assaulting to try to close the game out.

Rangers trade well at all levels if they are upgraded with thompsons.

Lmgs are standard for usf nowdays, so yes i would balance them around lmgs, you wouldnt balance grens without thinking about lmgs?

There is no need to close the gap with lmg rifles. At vet 3 they can do it easily tho.

Usf without docs doesnt work, just like sov.

29 Jan 2016, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
This isn't an issue. Want something to complain about? Free squads on 200 mp tech.

Remove this, give officers some more abilities, reduce vet 3 riflemen jacked bonuses and reduce reinforcement at vet 3.

All mp problems will then be solved for USF, and no more free upgraded squads.
29 Jan 2016, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 19:24 PMSirlami

Rangers trade well at all levels if they are upgraded with thompsons.

Lmgs are standard for usf nowdays, so yes i would balance them around lmgs, you wouldnt balance grens without thinking about lmgs?

There is no need to close the gap with lmg rifles. At vet 3 they can do it easily tho.

Usf without docs doesnt work, just like sov.

You should never balance around doctrines, plain and simple. I suppose we should nerf Ostheer late game because Ostruppen provide an even stronger early game then some factions?

Also trading isn't exactly what rangers accomplish. Yes they should take thompsons, but that means they only rip squads apart close range. That means that they have to approach and potentially lose models. Then, when they get close, a smart player would just retreat or move back as not to get ripped in half. That's not trading so much as taking casualties to force a retreat and win engagements.

Which that last sentence sums up USF in a nutshell.
29 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM
Patrion 14

This isn't an issue. Want something to complain about? Free squads on 200 mp tech.

Remove this, give officers some more abilities, reduce vet 3 riflemen jacked bonuses and reduce reinforcement at vet 3.

Sure, but decrease all build times for USF units and teching then.
29 Jan 2016, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 21:52 PMLooney

Sure, but decrease all build times for USF units and teching then.

Yeah I wouldn't mind if soviets and US had some sort of build time decrease on all their units. But teching time decrease would be OP. Thats like 30 seconds quicker m20.
30 Jan 2016, 12:10 PM
Donator 11

That is also a issue, but it doesn't make this any less of an issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★