Login

russian armor

Ostheer is on life support

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
28 Jan 2016, 01:52 AM
Donator 11

I LUV OSTHEER MENG. IT IZ DA BAIST.

Extremely hard to master, extremely hard to use nevertheless, but once mastered, OpieOP
28 Jan 2016, 01:53 AM

Hey, most issues presented relevant, although the experience is simply ruined by, dum dum dum dum, AEC cheese. Nerf Aec, and make various other units not so obsolete/gimmicky.
28 Jan 2016, 02:00 AM

Man AEC is plain hilarious against OH, before the buff nobody use it, now it wipes shit even crazier than Stug E.
28 Jan 2016, 02:14 AM

So what you're saying is what anyone from CoH1 already knew: Ostheer is vCoH wehrmacht without Puma 234/1, or equivalent, which was a critical utility unit.

That gap is what has hamstrung Ostheer since the beginning. This was orginally side stepped in the early days as that whole stage of gameplay didn't really exist due to P4s and t34/76s coming out so friggin early.
28 Jan 2016, 02:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is where I disagree with you, and it all comes down to expecting the panzer iv to be on par with Cromwells and Comets.

the p4 is a joke vs cromwells. From brit perspective and ostheer perspective. you can literally win with a 50% health cromwell vs a P4 80% of the time simply because of the sight bonus. it also helps your 6pdr wall have vision. Which is literally fine, but give ostheer something to match

Vs comets, I just find the P4 vs comet matchup DISGUSTING. its like punching a baby in the face with brass knuckles when using a comet vs a p4.

a Sherman or cromwell can take on a panther if you flank, but good luck taking on a comet properly with anything short of a KT or elefant. Its not OP, the panther just sucks. It should match the comet. There is literally no good reason why the panther shouldnt kill a model or two on each hit. Im not asking it to squad wipe but damn its worthless vs infantry..especially all allied infantry that can either snare it or outspam it in the case of the brits and their cromwells. The stug will lose to a 6 pdr wall, pathing, or those Sleeper-OP piat blobs. One or the other.

While the panzer IV in real life was a solid tank for fighting other medium armor, it's spot currently in the game is a MOBILE UTILITY TANK. It probably has the best combination of armor, AI, AT, and mobility for it's price tag, while also having veterancy that carries it into the late game.
No all of those perks and description would go to the cromwell without question.

If you need to fight off medium armor, Stugs, pak40s, and panthers are all there. Pzr 4s are just fine the way they are.
I guess i need to l2p, except I wont afford a stug or a panther because I still have to fight the infantry and light vehicles that are still getting stronger and stronger, lowering my VP's like its nothing... Violently raping my anus basically.
the pak40 then becomes extremely tough to use.

Do you not understand what role the panther plays in this game? It is a Head-to-Head tank. It's job is to slug it out with enemy armor and have a reasonable chance of winning, while also keeping the mobility of earlier pzrs to take advantage of breakthroughs. It's not supposed to be good against infantry, Ostheer has THREE other tanks for this!
Fighting head to head with a panther is the fastest way for it to die especialyl since it takes eons to arrive. The main thing the panther is good at is fighting mediums on the flanks where AT guns cant follow to support said mediums..But its rate of fire and accuracy is so dreadful, and so is its cost. You can damn near have 3 cromwells/shermans/jacksons to one ostheer/okw panther.

If the average Ostheer did anything other than spam panthers, they would realize this.
Thats a myth. panther spam is dead.

You do realize that most Ostheer players say that the panzerwerfer is shit, right?
You realize the werfer is one of the most op things in the game right now? >_> ?

Furthermore, how exactly can you judge a faction that you can't even play right now? I play Ostheer quite a bit, and while the going does get tough it's still very much viable.

What I mean by "i cant play it" is I lose repeatedly or struggle like crazy.

Based off what I watch, the 2v2-4v4 ive been playing and a few 1v1s, Its not a l2p issue. everyone struggles as axis.

Sure, I can beat some rank 300 USF/UKF player no problem. THe problem is when I play people at my level, or even above my level. I have no chance. Theyre gonna get a light vehicle and pown my sauce. Period.

Im just fucked unless they throw said vehicle or dont go for vehicles or something, and from what ive seen you dont even have to perform well with your light vehicle, the simple THREAT of it is enough for you to overinvest into killing the little shit as ostheer and be screwed royally vs the infantry. its lose lose. There simply needs to be a vehicle to go toe to toe with allied vehicles so this "light vehicle phase" that relic wants can actually be fun for everyone, not just allies and OKW.
28 Jan 2016, 02:19 AM

Permanently Banned
I have to say ostheer is the worst faction in game right now.

The grenadiers get stomped, and its why people go ostruppen to just shield for support crews, because grenadiers cannot and bleed hard.

Veterancy needs to change or allowing g43+lmg42, or some sort of t4 bolster for grens and pgrens.

Panzergrenadiers are pathetic in terms of AI, getting stomped by vet 3 allied inf, while their veterancy is somehow worse despite being elite infantry. Bundle grenades are crap. Which is bullshit.

222 scared away by infantry, doing no damage, low armor, increase cost and performance.

Stormtroopers and assgrens underperforming.

P4 is cost inefficient.

Brummbar is overpriced with worthless veterancy.

Only truly strong units in ost arsenal is the panther, the sniper, stugs, and the mg42. Everything else is of average or worse strength, or just barely above average when compared to other units.

Their teching is expensive as hell. Always costing 300+ manpower just to tech up while being forced to build their structures with no benefits. Soviets and ostheer need side tech for more bonuses in t4 because nobody goes t4 unless to abuse pwerfer.

I rate the faction as below average. Only kept alive by crutching on dual sniper and werfers, even then still has a huge weakness to light vehicles. Relying 100% on pak40 and mistakes by the allied player.

Truly a joke of a faction.
28 Jan 2016, 02:26 AM

Except for Snipers and Stugs, anything Ostheer can do OKW can do better (or at least as well.) :p

Panzergrens ARE, in fact, powerful units, but only at vet 2, in cover, and against charging unvetted infantry. An injured vet2 pgren squad can wipe two conscript squads, one after the other.

But one nade, or otherwise forcing those pgrens to move out of cover is their death sentence.
28 Jan 2016, 02:27 AM

If Ostheer gets buffed, it will greatly backfire on the Soviets.
28 Jan 2016, 02:31 AM

Permanently Banned
If Ostheer gets buffed, it will greatly backfire on the Soviets.

Then add soviet t4 upgrades, and nerf aec and its good.
28 Jan 2016, 02:36 AM

Then add soviet t4 upgrades

Then, OKW will suffer from Soviets.
28 Jan 2016, 02:47 AM

Permanently Banned

Then, OKW will suffer from Soviets.

If they got rid of that shit tier okw volk panzershreck they could let volks get stgs to scale well.
28 Jan 2016, 02:52 AM

Nice Bait.
28 Jan 2016, 02:56 AM

Can I just say how happy I am to see OP use nerd?

Nerd is the new nab confirmed
28 Jan 2016, 03:08 AM

I am amazed by your understanding of Ostheer and the balance (all factions) Cookiez
28 Jan 2016, 03:11 AM

Man AEC is plain hilarious against OH, before the buff nobody use it, now it wipes shit even crazier than Stug E.

it's only OP against ostheer

it's fine against okw volks blob
28 Jan 2016, 03:14 AM

Pr0stheer on life support? Somewhat true, but that's mostly due to AEC and trench spam with 10 CP arty ability for brits that renders inf and armor useless. While soviets maintain a steady flow of maxims. :foreveralone:
Pr0stheer sniper is quite powerful atm with the 45 muni insta-kill snipe shot and constant dbl sniper strats.
I think some allied tier structures just need to be re-worked.
Ost tier 1 other than the sniper is fine as is atm.
Ost t2 is also fine as is imo.
Ost t3 is situational/strategic
Ost t4 is stronk with pwerfers wreckin and suppressin'

Need moar patchez.
28 Jan 2016, 03:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 03:14 AMVonIvan
AEC and trench spam with 10 CP arty ability for brits that renders inf and armor useless.

I can sense your dreams about Paula through your words :)
28 Jan 2016, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 03:19 AMAladdin

I can sense your dreams about Paula through your words :)

Inb4

28 Jan 2016, 03:29 AM

Except for Snipers and Stugs, anything Ostheer can do OKW can do better (or at least as well.) :p

And MG, try playing as OH without MG against SU.
28 Jan 2016, 03:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2016, 02:52 AMPorygon
Nice Bait.

This actually bothers me alot so I posted about it and how RELIC can fix it. Yes It's really really ranty and kinda funny now that I reread it but I seriously want changes for ostheer.

i wouldnt waste my time typing up this much bait, I have better things to do with my life including homework due at midnight that I havent started on. Ive made my share of troll "xx faction needs this" threads in the past but this isnt one of those threads. It was a legit rant, I didnt really bother formatting the text or spellchecking, or anything. I just angrily typed my thoughts.

Relic wants light vehicle spam to be a thing, but doesnt give ostheer jack diddly shit. They give ostheer a slow ass pak, glass infantry and support weapons and a 222 vs a 75mm armored mini cromwell? LOL? I mean come on. Like I said im a fanboy, and im dayum proud of it. but I know bullshit when I smell it.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Germany 827
Russian Federation 32
Netherlands 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W