Login

russian armor

Ostheer is on life support

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
30 Jan 2016, 00:41 AM

delay 1 minute. remove 50 sight. brits wont be unplayable after crutch nerf.

They were unplayable without the AEC buff.

They'll get nuked by the OKW with that with uberfast Luchs and Panzershreck Legions. The sight nerf is harsh, but survivable.

I'd be ok with the nerf as a whole; if they change PIATs to not require ground-attack to be accurate, and if giving better damage and penetration.
30 Jan 2016, 00:42 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 00:41 AMDoggo

They'll get nuked by the OKW with that with uberfast Luchs and Panzershreck Legions. The sight nerf is harsh, but survivable.
Not really considering all other light tanks have 35 sight. The AEC has great AT performance, while also being able to harm infantry. Being able to self spot as a generalist unit is OP.
30 Jan 2016, 00:45 AM

Not really considering all other light tanks have 35 sight. The AEC has great AT performance, while also being able to harm infantry. Being able to self spot as a generalist unit is OP.

It has all that because UKF lack an AT Snare and lack viable infantry-based AT. Its no coincidence that UKF wasnt winning before the buff. Its a band-aid covering a festering wound. Make PIATs as good as Panzershrecks and bring back the Sniper's Snare, to counter the OP Dominance of OKW.
30 Jan 2016, 02:13 AM

@Doggo

UKF should not be viable just because it has an over performing unit. UKF should not live or die by the AEC's buff/nerf status. That's not good design.

If we're arguing that UKF will be totally useless without the AEC as is, then perhaps the band-aid needs to be ripped off again so that Relic can't just point to the currently good win/loss rates and say the entire UKF faction is in a good spot.
30 Jan 2016, 02:16 AM

The AEC overbuff was a clumsy decision. Like the Centaur before it, it makes the UKF viable by giving them a crutch unit that puts a band-aid on the gaping wound that is their midgame. The brits needed a midgame buff. They didn't need to copy USf and get a cheesy light tank with crazy shock value.

I would be OK with reverting a good half of the AEC's buffs, if PIATs become usable against light vehicles and the sniper gets back his snare at vet 0, albeit it should have a shorter range than his normal shots.

30 Jan 2016, 06:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

ostheer won 0 games vs the things im referring to in my op, as in they won 0 games vs AEC or the stuart quad combo. At least in the casts linked to me.

Don't you think that's a problem with both the Aec and the Quad timing rather than OH been on a bad shape ?
30 Jan 2016, 06:05 AM

Don't you think that's a problem with both the Aec and the Quad timing rather than OH been on a bad shape ?
I think that's what the OP is actually getting at. His topic title is sorta click bait as this whole time he's been talking about how OST is bad against USF and UKF because of those shock style light vees.

At least that's what I've gotten out of this so far....
30 Jan 2016, 06:33 AM

While 3cp quad is pure p2w madness, it still cant justify how bad 222 armor is. 222 dies to small arms fire faster than any light vehicle in the game, and even gunfire from free entities on weapon crews hurts it badly, lol. I can understand such thing on kubel, but on 222?

Btw, kubel and 222 both have same rear armor.

And I like how people saying 222 is dirt cheap, while it costs too much manpower to be affordable as expendable unit which struggles to push back any combat infantry and gets killed by anything above m3 (actually, it can be killed even by m3 with guards, if you smart enough to engage while it reloading or, even better, firing at something else).

It should cost more, have more armor and hp by default, and maybe receive auto canon upgrade back to keep it balanced.
30 Jan 2016, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2016, 18:18 PMzerocoh
Just played against a rank 50 soviet, put 2 tellers, got 2 t70s. when he called his third light vehicle I just called in a puma.

also the 222 is an excellent vehicle, if you can't make them work you need to improve or just try another unit.

Didn't you still lost that game?

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197991793096/history

I see only one recent vs top 50 sov there only, so it can't be a mistake.

The fact that he got 2 T-70s and another light tells me you were on the back foot already as well.
30 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As per OP request, this thread is gonna be locked.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
Peru 5
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L