Login

russian armor

CoH2 - World Editor

27 Jan 2016, 20:43 PM

Hello, this Is my first time posting on this forum, as I was left with no other option.
There's something wrong with WB for me, for a long time I've had to edit maps on an incredibly unstable World Builder.. and now I am getting quite annoyed.

My editor keeps freezing no matter what I do, and It doesn't occur at a specific time, It just happens randomly. I've tried all types of sizes for my maps but still no success. Is this Issue known or could this possibly just be me? and I've tried plenty of things to avoid It to no avail. I've removed WB and verified Integrity cache on Steam, run as administrator... you name It.

Windows 8.1, 64-bit OS. But WB shows as 32-bit.. >:(

I suspect this won't get an answer, since the minority of people who are suffering from this are still kept In the dark. :jk:
28 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM
Donator 11

Might be the windows 8.1 that causes the problems, also coh2 and wb run at 32bit's there is no 64bit coh. Also mind posting your pc specs and how is coh2 itself running for you?
28 Jan 2016, 12:03 PM

Alrighty, got that.
CoH2 runs fairly well on my PC, I run It at High settings with no noticable framedrop.

GPU: GeForce GTX 770
CPU: Intel(R) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.95 GB usable)
28 Jan 2016, 13:00 PM

i had exactly the same problem.

but now i found the solution. i have the gtx970 and since i installed a new driver ( since then because of the battlefront beta ) after the new driver I needed for newer games, it was impossible to work on my maps. constantly and seemingly random freezes with the Worldbuilder.
most frequently if i moved objects and splines at the map edge. not possible to work longer as 2 - 3 mins on a map befor the WB freezes

now i reinstall my old driver from aug. 2015 and it runs again perfectly and without problems.
if i install back to a newer driver after aug. 2015, i immediately have again the described problems.

sorry, my english grammer is not good.

i hope relic fix that. with older driver i cant play battlefront & co but with current driver i cant build on maps in coh2.
28 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM
Donator 11

Your pc seems to be more than capable of running wb, try to update the net framework, windows updates and verify the game files from steam. You should try the TheSphinx idea aswell.
28 Jan 2016, 18:14 PM

Thanks guys, really.

I've tried:
-Updating Net.Framework
-Rolled back GPU drivers [though I could only rollback to previously Installed drivers.]
-Found and Updated Windows
-Verified Game Cache on Steam
-Reinstalled CoH2
-Restarted PC

Yet, none of this solved It. However, I did have a little more time to edit certain things before the crash happened. I do suspect my GPU Is to blame, It wasn't long ago since I replaced It, and I didn't have these Issues on my older GPU. Is there a way to rollback further on my Drivers?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★