Login

russian armor

It's about time to talk about Molotovs again

27 Jan 2016, 02:16 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does the fire on the ground stack? I was under the impression that it did not.
27 Jan 2016, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 02:16 AMTobis

IT'S TIME TO TEST!
27 Jan 2016, 03:45 AM
Benefactor 355

Molis burn garrisoned units really well. If you are baiting with one squad, most of mg models will be on one side of the building. If you throw a moli on the other side you will do little to no dmg.

This goes for any type of garrison assault method (grenades, mortars, small arms fire, flamers), always engage/aim the side of building where the opposition engages from.
27 Jan 2016, 04:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 02:16 AMTobis

Tried it! Think they do, two will kill a squad in about 8 seconds while one takes around 15.
27 Jan 2016, 04:33 AM

Molis burn garrisoned units really well. If you are baiting with one squad, most of mg models will be on one side of the building. If you throw a moli on the other side you will do little to no dmg.

This goes for any type of garrison assault method (grenades, mortars, small arms fire, flamers), always engage/aim the side of building where the opposition engages from.

It only took a day but someone finally gave a concise and critical response without kneejerk reaction.

That said, I am aware. I have thrown multiple molovots into the front of a building and watched in horror as they burned 2 guys out of 3 squads. I have never seen an incendiary nade do this. I have also never seen an incendiary nade need to hit the right side of a building.
27 Jan 2016, 06:01 AM
Patrion 28

molotovs are pretty bad but they're cheap and they have their place (anti-garrison/emplacement). they're not something you should get unless you're fighting those specific situations though.
27 Jan 2016, 06:03 AM

Mollies are okay.

Really pale in comparison to OKW incendiary nade though just because the animation is stupid short.

One way to use mollies is to screen against units like Spios or pgrens. If they have to run through the fire to get you they will lose.

Mortars are my preferred garrison counter though. Just smoke off the building and they aren't doing shit to you.
27 Jan 2016, 06:26 AM

molotovs are pretty bad but they're cheap and they have their place (anti-garrison/emplacement). they're not something you should get unless you're fighting those specific situations though.

90% of my games are mg building spam or spio rush fuel/cutoff buildings to stall for hmg.

Mollies are okay.

Really pale in comparison to OKW incendiary nade though just because the animation is stupid short.

One way to use mollies is to screen against units like Spios or pgrens. If they have to run through the fire to get you they will lose.

Mortars are my preferred garrison counter though. Just smoke off the building and they aren't doing shit to you.

I am just so underwhelmed by the soviet non-doctrinal mortar compared to the german couterparts. counterbarrage :(

27 Jan 2016, 06:46 AM

90% of my games are mg building spam or spio rush fuel/cutoff buildings to stall for hmg.

I am just so underwhelmed by the soviet non-doctrinal mortar compared to the german couterparts. counterbarrage :(

The Soviet regular mortar is actually really good.

Granted, I whore smoke barrages with it more than the regular attack/autofire. (It's not bad at that though)

With good use of mortar smoke soviets become really scary because it synergizes so well with units like conscripts or shock troops.
27 Jan 2016, 07:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 04:00 AMVuther

Tried it! Think they do, two will kill a squad in about 8 seconds while one takes around 15.

Cool, thanks for checking.
27 Jan 2016, 08:57 AM

I guess i need to start saving the replays that make me mad too...

This might be a problem... you do not learn anything by reliving your greatest victories.

Soviet mortars are generally lot better than german ones... *Flares* only thing i found german ones better is when you have to hit with pointblank accuracy...

And that 120mm mortar should have shorter range it already hits like steam locomotive no need for it to outshoot non-doctrinal mortar...
27 Jan 2016, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 08:57 AMJespe

This might be a problem... you do not learn anything by reliving your greatest victories.

Soviet mortars are generally lot better than german ones... *Flares* only thing i found german ones better is when you have to hit with pointblank accuracy...

And that 120mm mortar should have shorter range it already hits like steam locomotive no need for it to outshoot non-doctrinal mortar...

I watch them. I just rarely save them.

Their accuracy and ROF is insane. The flare doesn't even work half the time, though it does make sure to deduct the 40 muni. It's been bugged for as long as I can remember. The 120mm mortar's extra range is one of the few ways I know of the deal with ISG. Besides, it's manpower cost and pop cost are extensive. Shoving it a 120 shell up the ass of 3 german mortars squeezed together to barrage a building is a wet dream.
27 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM

This would probably require a cost increase. I believe someone said it was 15? I believe the incen grenade was 45.

molotovs 15 ammo
incen grenade 30
Molotovs damage is OK, animation is too long and range is low.
27 Jan 2016, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

15 muni boys, they're good in what they do, area denial.
Though the tech cost could be cheaper, it's 25 fuel now?
27 Jan 2016, 15:08 PM

Their accuracy and ROF is insane.

...was... ...couple of patches ago...

The flare doesn't even work half the time, though it does make sure to deduct the 40 muni. It's been bugged for as long as I can remember.

I haven't got this problem ever... didnt even know it exist.

The 120mm mortar's extra range is one of the few ways I know of the deal with ISG. Besides, it's manpower cost and pop cost are extensive. Shoving it a 120 shell up the ass of 3 german mortars squeezed together to barrage a building is a wet dream.

Great that you found a weapon agains ISG, But have you ever thinked that as ISG is rather annoying that 120mm feels like ISG on steroids when playing with OST. and soviets even have suppression platform to defend it...

But about the molotovs... How about buffing it? make it more expensive and work against tanks?

27 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 15:08 PMJespe

Great that you found a weapon agains ISG, But have you ever thinked that as ISG is rather annoying that 120mm feels like ISG on steroids when playing with OST. and soviets even have suppression platform to defend it...

But about the molotovs... How about buffing it? make it more expensive and work against tanks?

No, the 120mm is overpriced and high pop cap. It does not perform as good as ISG. I would prefer ISG>120mm. After it's nerfs, accuracy and RoF, it's a very sub-par mortar now. I would rather have a normal mortar for clearing buildings and fortified positions.

Yes a suppression platform that has looping animation deaths that no other mg profile has and a very very narrow suppression field.

instead of buffing molotovs, how about give the volks incendiary grenade the same animation as molotov. I'm sure OKW would be very unhappy.
27 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

and soviets even have suppression platform to defend it...

I didn't know soviets had a building that provided area denial and killed planes without breaking a sweat...

What suppression platform?

All I want is parity. Which is not what I have been experiencing.
27 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

pls for the love of god buff Molos, give them a muni cost increase but compared to the volk non tech nade (its included in teir tech) its trash.
Takes forever to throw, 30% less throw range to the volks flame nade (unless vet 3 cons), and does very little impact damage for 15 muni and hoorah! to close the distance to EVEN throw the damn thing. You lose more than you gain by pressing that button. Its almost as bad as vollyfire.
27 Jan 2016, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 15:17 PMMittens
pls for the love of god buff Molos, give them a muni cost increase but compared to the volk non tech nade (its included in teir tech) its trash.
Takes forever to throw, 30% less throw range to the volks flame nade (unless vet 3 cons), and does very little impact damage for 15 muni and hoorah! to close the distance to EVEN throw the damn thing. You lose more than you gain by pressing that button. Its almost as bad as vollyfire.

+1
27 Jan 2016, 15:36 PM

Get Cons to vet 2, stack triple molotov bulletin range - now you can use it true power :megusta:

The problem is not range, nor damage but damn 25 fuel to unlock.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★