Login

russian armor

There is no point playing Ostheer 1v1 anymore

PAGES (9)down
3 Jul 2013, 19:52 PM

AT nades and fausts have the same range.

Use True Sight to your advantage. Ambush SCs around corners, flank them, force them to come close to attack. Try to improve instead of bitching on forums.

TrueSight isn't thsat useful on every 1v1 map (the new forest one comes to mind).
3 Jul 2013, 19:59 PM

Dafuq? AT nades have the same range of fausts(it's good emphasize it) and i've never seen a launched faust miss the target, maybe i'm lucky(sarcasm) ^_^

Well, a launched faust does not "miss" the target. There is just some weird bug atm that can lead the faust to hit a squad member inside the vehicle instead of the vehicle and those people think it missed.

That said.

What is up with all the crying of the german players. Yes, there might be something a bit broken about snipers in clowncars. That is the only thing i can find (playing a lot of german myself last view days) that really annoys me.
But anything else i can deal with easily. And even the sniper in scoutcar can be dealt with (though it really is kinda annoying due to the range the scout car can stay at).
3 Jul 2013, 20:28 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/4881/another-t70-comeback

This replay, should show why I rage at this unit that much

Me, as Soviet, playing like shit, losing about 90% of the map, should deserve to lose, right?

One T70 fuck up his Gren, MG42 and Pak, then free win
3 Jul 2013, 20:48 PM

This game fucking sucks right now tbh

The more I play the more I notice the little things that are regressions.

MG's bug out more and more in this game than the previous ones.

Why don't they shoot out of houses correctly?

Your units run INTO the fire...

There is a significant different lag between giving units a command and the execution of that command...this sometimes depends on the archaic P2P system that this game uses.

Units in house take forever to even show up as being in the house itself...

"True Sight" doesn't really work very well.

THE PATHING OF THE UNITS STILL IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. They will literally run into trees and wrecks coming right out of your base. I honestly could careless about balance at this point. I'm just tired of seeing a broken game.

This company has to be fucking kidding me...
3 Jul 2013, 20:52 PM

The term "broken" is thrown around so much these days it looses it meaning, go find a truly broken game then come back. not perfect? ill agree to that, needs work? sure, broken? hell no, not if youve seen the vast sea of broken to shitty broken game that are actually out there.
4 Jul 2013, 05:15 AM
Patrion 14

AT nades and fausts have the same range.

Try to improve instead of bitching on forums.

I'll bitch as much as I like, thanks. I don't have infinite time to play, I sink enough of it into CoH as it is and this shit isn't much fun atm.

So, please, can it.
4 Jul 2013, 05:31 AM

I'll bitch as much as I like, thanks. I don't have infinite time to play, I sink enough of it into CoH as it is and this shit isn't much fun atm.

So, please, can it.

Sigh

Pretty much, I'm having a very decent time with Ostheer - and you've pretty much got to play it like the old Wehr except a bit more conservatively. It is pretty much like the old VCoH anyway.

What I do, if I don't do my T2 start is spam grens. In long ranges, they are better vs Cons so use that to your advantage. And cover doesn't make as big a difference in the old game but it still is great.

And I find that if I can flank a scout car/T70, I can normally get a faust off and be able to destroy it eventually. This is something that you still would still use in VCoH with rifles and their stickies, so I don't see what's the problem here.

And also, it's looks like it's not fun for you because you're losing. Rather than bitching, learn from your losses and actually improve your play. That's what I do and I don't put too many hours into COH2.
4 Jul 2013, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 05:31 AMhubewa

Sigh

Pretty much, I'm having a very decent time with Ostheer - and you've pretty much got to play it like the old Wehr except a bit more conservatively. It is pretty much like the old VCoH anyway.

What I do, if I don't do my T2 start is spam grens. In long ranges, they are better vs Cons so use that to your advantage. And cover doesn't make as big a difference in the old game but it still is great.

And I find that if I can flank a scout car/T70, I can normally get a faust off and be able to destroy it eventually. This is something that you still would still use in VCoH with rifles and their stickies, so I don't see what's the problem here.

And also, it's looks like it's not fun for you because you're losing. Rather than bitching, learn from your losses and actually improve your play. That's what I do and I don't put too many hours into COH2.

Actually, Grens are not better at long range then scripts, Relic have confirmed that they are equal at all ranges. Kkk, thx, bye
4 Jul 2013, 12:14 PM

I find all mentions of balance on gr.org, the official forums and the one we are using right now, quite disconcerting. Their only saving grace is that players such as Inverse, Deeptrance83, CombatMuffin (at least allows that hasty patches are not the answer, citing Aimstrong's Bulletproof strat) and Hubewa are actually open-minded enough to think outside the box to defeat the current meta.

So many players are ignoring options they have been given by the game, and new mechanics. People love to just cry "imba", "op" and "broken" at the first sign of danger, but do not always factor in poor play, planning and strategy.

There are imbalances; but the discrepancies are not close to being as powerful as the vocal part of the community would have you believe. There are many games which go un-patched/cared for by the developers in which players actually have to think and evolve strategies around what they are given, rather than pine for a balance patch that will likely skew the meta in another direction until the next patch cycle.

I for one felt that during the TFN tournament (I watched all casted games in their entirety), there were a lot of missed opportunities by Ostheer players to capitalise on the games at hand, such as a dearth of smoke usage and blitzkrieg to flank SU-85s, as well as completely switching out of vehicles and opting for infantry + artillery-based tactics against non-shock trooper commanders. In some of the later games, a seemingly potent Ostheer strategy was to lock down a section of the map with a large tier 1 army into a panzer iv, which I think could posit a good outline for a staunch counter to the current Soviet t1-t3 strat.

Essentially I feel that the game should be given another few weeks before a patch is drawn up, so that the weight of automatch statistics will be overwhelming. There are simply too many unexplored nuances that could totally re-shape the metagame as it stands.
4 Jul 2013, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 12:14 PMFunkeh
I find all mentions of balance on gr.org, the official forums and the one we are using right now, quite disconcerting. Their only saving grace is that players such as Inverse, Deeptrance83, CombatMuffin (at least allows that hasty patches are not the answer, citing Aimstrong's Bulletproof strat) and Hubewa are actually open-minded enough to think outside the box to defeat the current meta.

So many players are ignoring options they have been given by the game, and new mechanics. People love to just cry "imba", "op" and "broken" at the first sign of danger, but do not always factor in poor play, planning and strategy.

There are imbalances; but the discrepancies are not close to being as powerful as the vocal part of the community would have you believe. There are many games which go un-patched/cared for by the developers in which players actually have to think and evolve strategies around what they are given, rather than pine for a balance patch that will likely skew the meta in another direction until the next patch cycle.

I for one felt that during the TFN tournament (I watched all casted games in their entirety), there were a lot of missed opportunities by Ostheer players to capitalise on the games at hand, such as a dearth of smoke usage and blitzkrieg to flank SU-85s, as well as completely switching out of vehicles and opting for infantry + artillery-based tactics against non-shock trooper commanders. In some of the later games, a seemingly potent Ostheer strategy was to lock down a section of the map with a large tier 1 army into a panzer iv, which I think could posit a good outline for a staunch counter to the current Soviet t1-t3 strat.

Essentially I feel that the game should be given another few weeks before a patch is drawn up, so that the weight of automatch statistics will be overwhelming. There are simply too many unexplored nuances that could totally re-shape the metagame as it stands.

So, according to you the game is perfect then? No problems with the Pak40? Clown Cars with snipers in them are fine as they are? Oh and the Maxim is fine as well? The German strafe is also perfectly fine is it? The IS-2 is also totally worth 300 fuel too is it?

Dude don't be so naive. Just because Inverse says the balance is fine, doesn't mean fuck all. For god sake, he was saying the other day that the German Strafe is "prohibitively expensive" when everyone except for him knows that at 120 munitions is far too cheap.

You really have to take a step back and realise if the entire community except for a handful of people would like to see a patch, then chances are, statistically that the majority are right and the minority are wrong. It's just the way it is.

I am not a huge advocate for hasty patches either, but issues that are CLEARLY issues like the German Strafe, Clown Cars, Pak40 all need addressing as indicated by the MAJORITY, then Relic need to start there and slowly tweak things.

4 Jul 2013, 13:27 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/4920/t70-actually-%3E-faghound

Another replay of me showing the retardness of T70, keep saying they are fine, Soviet fanboy

I will abuse this shit until Relic actually do something
4 Jul 2013, 14:21 PM

I'm a noob but here is my opinion^^:
The old balance of vcoh was good and i understand it.
Coh2 balance is brooken. There are tons of example...
But to make it short - USSR>USA in evry part of game and Ostheer is even worse than the old Wehr.
Am i wrong?
4 Jul 2013, 15:26 PM

So, according to you the game is perfect then? No problems with the Pak40? Clown Cars with snipers in them are fine as they are? Oh and the Maxim is fine as well? The German strafe is also perfectly fine is it? The IS-2 is also totally worth 300 fuel too is it?

Dude don't be so naive. Just because Inverse says the balance is fine, doesn't mean fuck all. For god sake, he was saying the other day that the German Strafe is "prohibitively expensive" when everyone except for him knows that at 120 munitions is far too cheap.

You really have to take a step back and realise if the entire community except for a handful of people would like to see a patch, then chances are, statistically that the majority are right and the minority are wrong. It's just the way it is.

I am not a huge advocate for hasty patches either, but issues that are CLEARLY issues like the German Strafe, Clown Cars, Pak40 all need addressing as indicated by the MAJORITY, then Relic need to start there and slowly tweak things.

It's not perfect, but my point is that this thread's OP is a sensationalist. No match up is completely unwinnable at the moment (outside of 1v1 that may change as imbalances are multiplied exponentially).

If a patch is released that stops Snipers being able to fire in an M3 (could then allow for some clutch saves, it should never have been able to shoot out of it anyway), and another change to how effective a flamer becomes inside it (especially to squads on retreat), then I think it will be fine. The German strafe should match the Soviet one more closely, both in cost and radius - perhaps keep the flavour differences with pinning for Germans and damage for Soviets.

I think weapon teams in general need a little bit of tweaking here and there, as well as some other minor things, but yeah, no one can deny that the M3A1, Assault Support Strafe and (I think) support weapons need some tweaking so that the game becomes both less cheesy and more balanced.
4 Jul 2013, 15:44 PM

I bet Ostheer will be really OP after this next patch unless Soviets are buffed in other areas. Try using a doctrine that doesn't have HTD/Shocks and don't make M3s or T70. The way it is right now flanking isn't rewarding at all because rifles are pathetic at close range. Even molotovs aren't very good against someone that isn't stupid enough to stand in them.
4 Jul 2013, 15:59 PM

I bet Ostheer will be really OP after this next patch unless Soviets are buffed in other areas. Try using a doctrine that doesn't have HTD/Shocks and don't make M3s or T70. The way it is right now flanking isn't rewarding at all because rifles are pathetic at close range. Even molotovs aren't very good against someone that isn't stupid enough to stand in them.

Which was kind of my point in my first post, I think everyone fears the same. The overwhelming balance cries are against the Soviets at this point, but at least the more sensible people limit it to M3s (then bugs/oversights like HtD stacking with cover).

Without HtD/PPshs, conscripts are just a constant manpower drain past the 10 minute mark. Perhaps though more Penal Battalions will be built, could be interesting.
4 Jul 2013, 16:12 PM

Actually, Grens are not better at long range then scripts, Relic have confirmed that they are equal at all ranges. Kkk, thx, bye

If I recall correctly, units fire faster at closer range. Due to the higher amount of units in a conscript squad, they have a higher chance of winning at close range. I might be wrong about the firing faster part though.
4 Jul 2013, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 16:12 PMAlties

If I recall correctly, units fire faster at closer range. Due to the higher amount of units in a conscript squad, they have a higher chance of winning at close range. I might be wrong about the firing faster part though.

If the DPS is equal and the rate of fire increases equally, it doesn't matter how many men are in the squad because the Grens are already balanced to perform equally with their 4 men.
4 Jul 2013, 17:15 PM
Patrion 14

Every thread like this is the same: you complain with what you think are reasonable issues and some smug twat replies with L2P.

I'm not a n00b. These are real issues. I was playing vCoH in 2007. I'm just not a pro with weeks of time to burn. I want to be able to have a fifty-fifty chance of beating an opponent of similar skill. Nothing more.

Not an unreasonable request. So, please, stop patronizing people and either offer solutions and / or evidence.
4 Jul 2013, 17:22 PM

Teller mine retreat paths? I tried doing that and it killed 2 of his t-70's before he gave up and moved to t34's which you can deal with.

I only lost 2 gren squads, 1 pio squad and 1 PG squad!
4 Jul 2013, 17:33 PM

Yep. I have a feeling this will be the case aswell, only time will tell though.

• Reducing building god mode.
  • Increasing pak accuracy, durability.
  • Shreck single upgrade for 75 munition.
  • Increasing German sniper accuracy to almost 90% verse buildings/field.
  • Reducing duration or increasing reload time of the M3 flamer garrison.
  • Reducing P4 damage output.
  • Increasing turret rotation speed of IS2.

In my head these are the main changes that will be nice and won't drastically throw the game out.

PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS