Login

russian armor

There is no point playing Ostheer 1v1 anymore

PAGES (9)down
3 Jul 2013, 16:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I'm actually having a lot of success as Ostheer. Unless you're playing against Sepha's or Aimstrong's Scout Car spams, it's actually not too bad, and even then it really just depends on the map.

Aimstrong builds 1 M3, the spammers are me and Joel
3 Jul 2013, 17:46 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2013, 16:12 PMMakaay
Sniper in Truck is the biggest shit ever made in any game so far... 4 man squad with Panzerfaust range of 2-3 meters vs sniper in a truck, who was the fucking genius in Relic or Sega that made this ?! Atleast in vCoH u could counter bren with infantry in it, there is no fucking way in early game to counter that.

Yes, allowing the Ost to actually lay mines that don't eat your already tiny ammo income to make the M3 micro a bit rather than playing Deathrace 2000 might be a start.
3 Jul 2013, 17:53 PM

^

Because now Soviet has no risk advancing their vehicle and bangbambang all the way, Ostheer should really have some real mines

But nevertheless, Clown cars is too cost effective for what it can be done. Maybe at least making that "Roo-like" crap be a 60 muni upgrade?

And some said nerfing T70 = making whole T3 useless. Holyshit, I just want that little tank become something like at M8 / Puma level instead of something driven by vet 3 Wehr Snipers
3 Jul 2013, 17:58 PM

I don't have great problems to win with germans, grens spam beats conscripts, for clown cars you just need grens + halftrack(better with flame), after you go for p4s spam or shrecks and pak with strafe
3 Jul 2013, 18:02 PM

I don't have great problems to win with germans, grens spam beats conscripts, for clown cars you just need grens + halftrack(better with flame), after you go for p4s spam or shrecks and pak with strafe

Yeah, if they just doing cons spam, some shocks, to SU85, there is quite an enjoyable game

But having like 75% of the map, dominating the game, and one GoDdAmN T70 pop up, one shot my sereck squad and Pak, and wreck up my whole army, WTF?
3 Jul 2013, 18:13 PM

Ppl act like munitions is easy to get as germans.. "yea dont worry just get shrecks (120mun) and fht (120mun) and grens with lmg (more mun) and your golden". Wtf I am a decent player and I find it hard to prioritize my munis. Who the hell you playing? Comps?
3 Jul 2013, 18:17 PM
Coder Red Badge

Don't get flamers (too risky considering you can get unlucky and lose them when you lose a single man in the squad) or plant mines (too expensive for such a low chance of success, especially on the huge maps right now) and you should easily be able to afford a flamer HT and a few fausts. Use the flamer HT to secure map control and you should be able to afford a schrek squad.
3 Jul 2013, 18:19 PM

Yeah, if they just doing cons spam, some shocks, to SU85, there is quite an enjoyable game

But having like 75% of the map, dominating the game, and one GoDdAmN T70 pop up, one shot my sereck squad and Pak, and wreck up my whole army, WTF?

Grens spam = map control with grens

So, when t70 is coming, you just need a panzerfaust to stop it, and after you can move the pak or just wait a p4. Panzerfausts have saved me many times from t70,su76 and t34....you don't must point to destroy soviets tanks but to stop them and after(if it's possible) try to destroy them
3 Jul 2013, 18:31 PM

Grens spam = map control with grens

So, when t70 is coming, you just need a panzerfaust to stop it, and after you can move the pak or just wait a p4. Panzerfausts have saved me many times from t70,su76 and t34....you don't must point to destroy soviets tanks but to stop them and after(if it's possible) try to destroy them

Ofc I know I can faust it.
But any good player won't let a single faust launched into his T70
It is as stupid as saying, how to fix AC as American, pray that he would be careless so I can sticky it.

Or maybe if the Soviet player really want to take out your Grens, if you choose to faust it, the T70 ends up having a half dead engine, but crush your whole squad into Spaghetti
3 Jul 2013, 18:50 PM

if you have no propper counter bt the time a t 70 comes you simply delay it, spilt your army, capture the points of the map he isnt in (1 t 70 cant be everywhere) and wait untill you can get a P4 and crush his army.

t70 means t3 which is VERY VERY bad at AT the t 70 it self delays the t34 so your P4 is going to be uncontested for a long while as soviets have no infantry based AT that can take on a p4 and do any real damage.

I know the balance is off but ranting wont really help, instead ask others how they are dealing with it. i win 60% of my games as soviets this was when soveits were very weak(beta's) and even now, i tend to stay away from the most popular build's like the M3 spam as it is a do or die strat.

My best guess to deal with M3's is fausts + upgunned car, keep your squads together, and have support. 1 gren or 10 gren wont kill a micro's SC while he pick away at your squads but gren + 222 will kill it almost always.
3 Jul 2013, 18:54 PM

Ofc I know I can faust it.
But any good player won't let a single faust launched into his T70
It is as stupid as saying, how to fix AC as American, pray that he would be careless so I can sticky it.

Or maybe if the Soviet player really want to take out your Grens, if you choose to faust it, the T70 ends up having a half dead engine, but crush your whole squad into Spaghetti

1)If you lose the map control the faust is useless
2)If you retreat after faust i don't see problems
3)t70 isn't free, it needs fuel and you know that probably no there will be su85 after
4)So while t70 is blocked you get a p4 or a stug
5)When multitudes of bolsevics will rush for anti tanks bomb, you use a strafe and rush with flame ht
3 Jul 2013, 18:57 PM

3)t70 isn't free, it needs fuel and you know that probably no there will be su85 after
5)When multitudes of bolsevics will rush for anti tanks bomb, you use a strafe and rush with flame ht

God, I said 1000 times, it is not faust-able unless he is careless
You know T70 range almost = 2 x range of faust?
3 Jul 2013, 19:03 PM

Faust is sort of useless since the range nerf; any half-competent Soviet player can just micro his vehicle out-of-range while tearing up the Grenadiers. Unless you're catching an enemy vehicle by surprise and he doesn't see that faust coming, you're going to have a really hard time getting into range without sacrificing most (or all) of the squad.
3 Jul 2013, 19:04 PM

God, I said 1000 times, it is not faust-able unless he is careless
You know T70 range almost = 2 x range of faust?

So just retreat and wait for a p4 ownage :D, t70 is not a problem for germans, the su85 range yes instead.
3 Jul 2013, 19:08 PM

So just retreat and wait for a p4 ownage :D, t70 is not a problem for germans, the su85 range yes instead.

And before P4 arrive, half of the map is taken, half of Ostheer army is gone. I afraid a P4 can't solo 3 Cons and 2 T70
3 Jul 2013, 19:12 PM

And before P4 arrive, half of the map is taken, half of Ostheer army is gone. I afraid a P4 can't solo 3 Cons and 2 T70

Strafe save your ass until the p4 isn't ready
3 Jul 2013, 19:19 PM

3 Jul 2013, 19:33 PM
Patrion 14

Seriously Rero what are you on?

Fausts are easy to dodge, have shit range and scratch vehicles.

Conscript Chuck Norris nuke AT nades have awesome range, *never* miss and *always* do criticals.

I've had enough fun with T70s to know what I'm talking about.
3 Jul 2013, 19:39 PM
Coder Red Badge

AT nades and fausts have the same range.

Use True Sight to your advantage. Ambush SCs around corners, flank them, force them to come close to attack. Try to improve instead of bitching on forums.
3 Jul 2013, 19:46 PM

Seriously Rero what are you on?

Fausts are easy to dodge, have shit range and scratch vehicles.

Conscript Chuck Norris nuke AT nades have awesome range, *never* miss and *always* do criticals.

I've had enough fun with T70s to know what I'm talking about.

Dafuq? AT nades have the same range of fausts(it's good emphasize it) and i've never seen a launched faust miss the target, maybe i'm lucky(sarcasm) ^_^
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS