Login

russian armor

useless commanders: Firestorm Doctrine

25 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

in coh 2 we have a few useless or forgotten commanders and this commanders need redesing, if you think a commander need redesign pls say that
we should help relic for redesign

i dont have Firestorm Doctrine and i dont want buy it, i test this commander for 2 or 3 day
because:
1. i dont pay money for only one good ability (Flammenwerfer 35)
2. one year ago i bought two commander, after one week war spoil system gave me them

my suggestion:
remove Flammen Panzer-Hetzer 38T and add Flammpanzer III Ausf. M, also 100 fuel is very high when okw tanks is very expensive
replace Thorough Salvage with a better ability, Thorough Salvage is a joke

Quality>Quantity
25 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

maybe relic will listen this time, because OP doctrins, like the others, will make money. If a doctrine like firestorm is useless relic makes no money, so change will come soon! :thumb:
25 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

Honestly if you think feuersturm is useless you haven't seen useless docrtines yet
25 Jan 2016, 15:23 PM

70% of sov and ost doctrines just let out a common sigh.
25 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

It's not a top tier commander but its good.

Firstly Salvage is a free passive ability that gives you muni which is relevant because its a muni heavy commander, it gives sturms Flamethrower, not achievable otherwise, which is really good if you want fast vetted sturms which are very strong.

Lastly recoup losses which is essentially a way for you to funnel your muni into MP, which in my opinion is very strong, it allows you to blob with heavy losses while your opponent must deal with his.

All in all its not that great but OKW doesn't really need a commander and the perks it gives are pretty decent.
25 Jan 2016, 15:32 PM

Honestly if you think feuersturm is useless you haven't seen useless docrtines yet

which commanders ?
i pay money for this game and i want see a perfect game, i want suggest this game to my friends but with this problems i cant
relic must be very fast and work harder, relic is responsible
25 Jan 2016, 15:36 PM

Soviet NKVD pops into my mind.
25 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

which commanders ?
The Soviet Defensive commander is one of them.
25 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

The Soviet Defensive commander is one of them.

M42 45mm light AT gun and DSHK Heavy Machinegun are ridiculous
25 Jan 2016, 15:48 PM

which commanders ?

Urban defense and Counterattack are considered weak and unseen unless having a particular strategy.
i love urban defense :wub:

You should reconsider FeuerSturm as it changes the way you play radically. Really useful on crowded maps.
And the name ... FEUERSTURM! badass!

Kozo.
25 Jan 2016, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

M42 45mm light AT gun and DSHK Heavy Machinegun are ridiculous

There we go guys. 45mm AT gun op :D /thread.

On a serious note: Relic is not gonna remove iconic units from the game (IB4 irregulars, they are just partisan model with crap LMG42). The main sell point of that doctrine is the flamerhetzer. Instead, it could be improved rather than erased.

I don't have the stats but if IIRC:
-Reduce popcap
-Reduce veterancy requirements and/or improve/tweak veterancy buffs
-Slightly increase base range (it has no turret to really be useful so i'll rather have a bit more range than usual flamethrowers)

25 Jan 2016, 18:22 PM

say your opinion about Flammpanzer III Ausf. M
25 Jan 2016, 18:27 PM
Donator 33

The Flammpanzer III would at least have a turret. I would've liked to see that one instead of the turretless tank.
25 Jan 2016, 19:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I believe you are forgetting the fact that you are paying extra because the Hetzer is adorable.
25 Jan 2016, 20:16 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I like the feuerstorm commander, It's fine the way it is. Even commanders like nkvd can be useful. If I was relic I would focus first on making some balance in team games (2v2) and then focus on making un OP commanders OP :)
25 Jan 2016, 20:56 PM

I like the feuerstorm commander, It's fine the way it is. Even commanders like nkvd can be useful. If I was relic I would focus first on making some balance in team games (2v2) and then focus on making un OP commanders OP :)

yes making balance is priority one but i am disappointed from relic for making balance

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 19:56 PMTobis
I believe you are forgetting the fact that you are paying extra because the Hetzer is adorable.

Hetzer is not bad tank but i disagree with flamhatzer, flamethrower for a TD is wrong
25 Jan 2016, 21:10 PM

Firestorm isn't great but it's not NKVD/Recon Company/Ostheer Defensive Doctrine level useless.

Flame Hetzer only really suffers from its lack of a turret but its also cheaper than a KV8 or Croc while doing the same damage; so its a fair enough trade-off. I do agree with Elchino's suggestions though - its still pretty underwhelming as is. The Rocket Barrage is middling - it won't wow you but its not Armor Company RNG bombs bad either.

I like to keep it in my loadout for Urban Maps (cough cough Shittlebruck/Le Gleize) where sometimes the flamers will give you the advantage you need. It's all about using it situationally instead of as a go-to commander.
25 Jan 2016, 21:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Why does relic let so many commanders stay worthless?
25 Jan 2016, 22:01 PM

I like the Hetzer. It is adorable :p

Seriously, though, I've used this doctrine to good effect before, especially in 3v3 and 4v4 on urban maps (Don't have the replays with me). But I agree that the Hetzer should have stronger armour and/or higher HP. The Stuka Rocket Strike is decent, but unremarkable.
25 Jan 2016, 22:09 PM

The commander is good on semoisky and other maps revolving around buildings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 26
United Kingdom 153
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak