Login

russian armor

useless commanders: Firestorm Doctrine

27 Jan 2016, 20:06 PM

I like this doctrine, even though it could definitely use a buff. There is nothing like moving about Ettelbruck Station with a Hetzer burning the shit out of the brit emplacements and the mg spam. It can face on attack Bofors without a care in the world. I also kind of enjoy taking care of it. It's quite cheap after all and so it can't be too tough. But the doctrine definitely needs another selling point above this. Either that or make the Hetzer a tougher KV8 style tank.

I'd say though that the Goliath doc is in more urgent need of attention. That thing is pathetic. Who would plant demo charges if 9 times out of 10 they exploded on their own?
27 Jan 2016, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 06:45 AMJadame!
Hetzer blows hard, even flame ht is better than that overpriced piece of czech engineering.

It should get better range and mobility, mb price decrease and damage increase on top of it or ideally remade into p3 with flamethrower.

Also where is my lovely jagdpanther and flak 88?

jagpanther sounds like OP, panther with same speed better armor and KT gun it must be OP :hansREKT:
28 Jan 2016, 06:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 20:06 PMRappy
I like this doctrine, even though it could definitely use a buff. There is nothing like moving about Ettelbruck Station with a Hetzer burning the shit out of the brit emplacements and the mg spam. It can face on attack Bofors without a care in the world. I also kind of enjoy taking care of it. It's quite cheap after all and so it can't be too tough. But the doctrine definitely needs another selling point above this. Either that or make the Hetzer a tougher KV8 style tank.

I'd say though that the Goliath doc is in more urgent need of attention. That thing is pathetic. Who would plant demo charges if 9 times out of 10 they exploded on their own?

Elite Armored Doctrine, Mechanized Company, Mobile Defence Guide, Jaeger Infantry Doctrine

All of them are in my list
i dont have goliath
28 Jan 2016, 06:57 AM

1. Recoup Losses is by far the most useful ability in the game. It reduces your reinforcement costs on every unit significantly and is cheap enough that in the later stages of the game you can constantly use it to gain a huge manpower advantage over your opponent. Seriously, criminally underrated ability here.

2. Flame hetzer is a solid unit. Remember, OKW has some of the most plentiful and effective anti-tank in the game. Use it in the same situations you would use an Ostwind, with the added bonus of being way more effective against units in cover.

3. Thorough Salvage is still pretty fucking good.

4. Rocket Barrage is fine.

28 Jan 2016, 07:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Just used flame hetzer, worthless against emplacements.
28 Jan 2016, 08:19 AM

You used it incorrectly then. Head on, a Bofor doesnt even scratch it. And needless to say a Mortar pit dies pretty fast too.
28 Jan 2016, 08:21 AM

This doctrine would be amazing simply if the Hetzer was a regular hetzer instead of the flamethrower one. (But it would than be very similar to the Jagdpanzer IV though).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★