Login

russian armor

I like the paratrooper doctrine

24 Jan 2016, 20:17 PM

Banned
Hello

I really like the paratrooper doctrine much and I would like to know if there are any good unit making guides or someone with any tips for me?

I have been trying to go with three riflemen to the lieutenant to or the m20 car if my gas is low or I go for the anti air halftrack if my gas is good after good early period. I wait for paratroopers next and get the lmg on them, then wait for next paratrooper squad or get the parachute anti tank gun if a armor vehicle comes up. After this I go for double m36 tank destroyers.

Many times this gets my enemy to get mad and call me names or just leave the game around twenty to thirty minut moment. Sometimes I get outperformed by the okw blobs, I find them hard to fight if I am true to you all. I don't know how to fight against a okw group of rocket infantry who are supported by Panther panzer and rocket anti tank gun on wheels. They are also supported by the little artillery gun (leig if I get the name right).

Is there any tips here? Can I do something more better?

Is this the right section for these questions? I don't understand this website so much still :unsure:

24 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM

Just keep playing, there is no secret to learn.

If all else fails, play ask OKw and see how others beat you using what you struggle against.

Or watch some games or shout casts
24 Jan 2016, 20:39 PM
Donator 11

Is there any tips here? Can I do something more better?

Is this the right section for these questions? I don't understand this website so much still :unsure:

First, here are some guides about USF, including AB:
http://www.coh2.org/guides/category/7/u-s-forces-guides

Second: which mode? 1v1? 2v2+?
IMHO, proper positioning and constant agression is half the battle. I.e. have your fancy M19 Paras a bit behind some Rear Echelons really helps, outcapping the enemy, baiting into Shermans with HE rounds, or having some Pak Howis... that sort of stuff.

Anyways... basically depends on where exactly you struggle.
A replay of yours might help.
24 Jan 2016, 20:50 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 20:39 PMkamk

IMHO, proper positioning and constant agression is half the battle. I.e. have your fancy M19 Paras a bit behind some Rear Echelons really helps, outcapping the enemy, baiting into Shermans with HE rounds, or having some Pak Howis... that sort of stuff.

It is 1v1. Thank you for your tips, I will try those things and look at the guides you have send me. I have not yet saved any recent lost games, but I will try to do so in the future and then upload them and link them.

Do you perhaps have a game of you as USF vs OKW? I would like to watch such a thing.
24 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 20:34 PMJewdo
Just keep playing, there is no secret to learn.

If all else fails, play ask OKw and see how others beat you using what you struggle against.

Or watch some games or shout casts

Shout casts, what are this? I have played as okw a few times and find them to be very easy, I have not lost a game with that army since I have company of heroes 2. I believe I have now 12 wins to 0 losings.

I have been watching the EU ESL thing on twitch, but the professionals seem to only play with blob tactics as OKW or wait for Stalin tank as Russia.
24 Jan 2016, 20:55 PM
Donator 11

I have been watching the EU ESL thing on twitch, but the professionals seem to only play with blob tactics as OKW or wait for Stalin tank as Russia.

I barely ever see blobs between decently skilled players, for obvious reasons.
24 Jan 2016, 21:12 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 20:55 PMkamk

I barely ever see blobs between decently skilled players, for obvious reasons.

They all have big infantry forces with a lot of rocket squads. I mean a lot of infantry. I am sorry if I said something wrong
24 Jan 2016, 21:19 PM

Shout casts, what are this? I have played as okw a few times and find them to be very easy, I have not lost a game with that army since I have company of heroes 2. I believe I have now 12 wins to 0 losings.

http://www.coh2.org/forum/103/coh2-shoutcasts
AVA
24 Jan 2016, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 20:39 PMkamk

Would you say that Airborne is a top tier/viable commander for USF ?

I personally never used it as I thought it wasn't as good as other options such as Heavy Cav or Tact supp.
24 Jan 2016, 22:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

airborne is mid tier to mediocre at best and part of the reason you're getting rolled over by silly things like LEIG and shrek blobs

Its the coolest commander(I love airborne and paratroopers as evidenced by my profile pic) but it just really falls short in all aspects compared to other commanders.
24 Jan 2016, 23:17 PM

If u upgrade ur paratroopers w thompsons they can use the ability tactical assault that will melt volk blobs.
25 Jan 2016, 00:06 AM

Banned
airborne is mid tier to mediocre at best and part of the reason you're getting rolled over by silly things like LEIG and shrek blobs

Its the coolest commander(I love airborne and paratroopers as evidenced by my profile pic) but it just really falls short in all aspects compared to other commanders.

What do you suggest to me senior strategist? What doctrine should I use? I have fight enemies that have doctrines I do not have. How does this happen? Did I do something wrong?

Any tips on what doctrine to use and what order of making units?
25 Jan 2016, 08:06 AM

I decided to play intensively Para during a month, i went down from top200 to top700 in 1sv1 and 2vs2, now I gaining rank again since I don't use it anymore :D

Para and pathfinders are too expensive and too squishy and they do not have smoke nades.
No smoke = in trouble vs a defensive Ostheer
Too expensive = Heavy MP bleed vs OKW with 1 or 2 LEIG or vs Luch
This + the nerf of the bombing run.

The doctrine is funny and I think a lot of people like it, but it is definitively not meta in this current state of the game.

You have 3 basic doctrines (including Para).
Armor is basically really good if you decide to go T1 and T2, the M30 you get CP9 is a really good Tank Destroyer (zero dps vs infantry) for your late game.
Infantry company is good if you plan to go T2 first (captain), M1919 on your rifles make them beasty, you can build sandbags wall and plant mines, you can call a mortar if you want, you have a useful off-map arty and if you really need it a Priest to arty your enemy position. I do not recommend you to build the mortar or the priest every game, see if you really need them.

Next you have 5 other commanders you may drop as warspoil or buy it as DLC. To make it short if you decide to buy some: Perhsing commander and Calliope commander are the best one. The other 3 are far less interesting and require you to gain some skill in the game and gameplay to correctly use them and gain benefice from.
25 Jan 2016, 10:11 AM

HMG's also work well against OKW
25 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

I guess the major advantage of Airborne is the ability to tech CPT and drop MGs in, without teching LT.

Apart from that there's not a lot going for it imo. Paras are good, but dual-upgraded riflemen are good too. The P47 loiter is a bit meh now so it's not a huge boon. Never really used Pathfinders that much.
25 Jan 2016, 10:46 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 08:06 AMEsxile
I decided to play intensively Para during a month, i went down from top200 to top700 in 1sv1 and 2vs2, now I gaining rank again since I don't use it anymore :D

Para and pathfinders are too expensive and too squishy and they do not have smoke nades.
No smoke = in trouble vs a defensive Ostheer
Too expensive = Heavy MP bleed vs OKW with 1 or 2 LEIG or vs Luch
This + the nerf of the bombing run.

The doctrine is funny and I think a lot of people like it, but it is definitively not meta in this current state of the game.

You have 3 basic doctrines (including Para).
Armor is basically really good if you decide to go T1 and T2, the M30 you get CP9 is a really good Tank Destroyer (zero dps vs infantry) for your late game.
Infantry company is good if you plan to go T2 first (captain), M1919 on your rifles make them beasty, you can build sandbags wall and plant mines, you can call a mortar if you want, you have a useful off-map arty and if you really need it a Priest to arty your enemy position. I do not recommend you to build the mortar or the priest every game, see if you really need them.

Next you have 5 other commanders you may drop as warspoil or buy it as DLC. To make it short if you decide to buy some: Perhsing commander and Calliope commander are the best one. The other 3 are far less interesting and require you to gain some skill in the game and gameplay to correctly use them and gain benefice from.

This helped me much. Thank you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS