Login

russian armor

How to counter British Mortar Emplacements?

23 Jan 2016, 17:03 PM

Smoke from Mortars + Flamer Half Track attack ground is perfect against emplacements.

Nobody is stupid enough to invest the munitions, fuel and manpower into a flame half track in the current meta. Bofors are almost always defended by AT - infact players don't tend to built them until the position is locked down.
23 Jan 2016, 17:17 PM

I have played with countless 2on2s randomers who got a flameHT. Even in high ranked, if you ask. They do work brilliantly, the idea is to use the undervalued mortar smoke to make good use of the FlameHT to destroy emplacements.

Keep in mind, that emplacements are expensive. If you really struggle against an emplacement player, well, just go elsewhere on the map, or move to harass their cut off points or their important resources. :)

If player go Bofors, that means no AEC, which is, right now, more advantageous for OST to invest into crew weapons and the 222.

If you really want to annoy Brits as OST, do a double pios opening, followed by double flames upgrades, mortars and MGS42. Always use smoke to cover up your tracks. Or use the artillery officier, who is brilliant too. Cover the whole mixture with Ostruppen, and either a quick P4, Puma, or FlameHT (depending what Brit is doing).
23 Jan 2016, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2016, 16:07 PMKatitof
People are refusing to put effort and micro into counternig shit.

Doctrinal option here is the no-brainer for micro-less scrubs.

Its perfectly valid counter, especially for people who are in denial about units like shreck PGs.

Im in denial about pgrens because they cost 340 mp, very little AI performance especially as they usually lose a model before they get in range, they grenade sucks, and their pshreks cost a ton and render them useless against infantry. They drop like flies and give enemy their shreks when they die. They will die to single mines. Such a disappointing unit imo.
23 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

I have played with countless 2on2s randomers who got a flameHT. Even in high ranked, if you ask. They do work brilliantly, the idea is to use the undervalued mortar smoke to make good use of the FlameHT to destroy emplacements.

Keep in mind, that emplacements are expensive. If you really struggle against an emplacement player, well, just go elsewhere on the map, or move to harass their cut off points or their important resources. :)

If player go Bofors, that means no AEC, which is, right now, more advantageous for OST to invest into crew weapons and the 222.

If you really want to annoy Brits as OST, do a double pios opening, followed by double flames upgrades, mortars and MGS42. Always use smoke to cover up your tracks. Or use the artillery officier, who is brilliant too. Cover the whole mixture with Ostruppen, and either a quick P4, Puma, or FlameHT (depending what Brit is doing).

Well to be clear I'm talking about 1v1, I have no idea the meta in 2v2 and above. FlameHTs aren't viable in 1v1.
23 Jan 2016, 17:36 PM

Right, I'm always talking 2on2. :)
23 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM

I'm fairly new player so don't treat anything that i say like it is the "only true" but for me common mortars work perfectly fine, you just have to move them from place to another after couple shoots. Get two of them and backup with pak 40 attack ground on mortar emplacement (or boffor/ whatever) and emplacement is down :)

a little bit offtopic. Pgrens works perfectly fine for me. I think the best way to use them is not charge them like crazy head on.instead try to flank or stick to the cover on medium range. It's true that they drop models fairly quickly but when they vetted up they are really powerfoul.
24 Jan 2016, 01:20 AM

Okay, so this is what I'm understanding so far...

Don't use Panzer Grenadiers because they are rather weak and the cost for the panzershreck upgrades price really aren't worth what you get out of it.

Don't use flame halftracks since they are too weak and get killed easily.

Don't use pioneers with flamethrowers since they are fragile and killed easily.

So basically, just always go for incendiary artillery and mortar half track doctrine? Is that what I need to do?
24 Jan 2016, 02:06 AM

Permanently Banned

Don't use Panzer Grenadiers because they are rather weak and the cost for the panzershreck upgrades price really aren't worth what you get out of it.

So basically, just always go for incendiary artillery and mortar half track doctrine? Is that what I need to do?

Yes, never go panzergrens in any situation, they are crap. Flame pios are fine for supplementary forces. But your main ways to defeat it is dual pak40, or Mortar halftrack flames with a follow up attack. Flamehalftrack is also not bad vs mortars, but not bofors.
24 Jan 2016, 03:07 AM

The trick is to get them to brace then waiting for the brace period to end and smashing them with a lot of firepower. This can be achieved with 2x Ost mortar followed by frontal attakc, or a frontal attack followed by the mortar barrages. Both work in principle. It's not *guaranteed* to work, but flamers do tons of damage and will force them to brace if you use them. The thing is, if they play their defensive game well you might just have to concede that part of the map. Better to focus on the rest of it than just get hammered trying to uproot them.

Incend ruond from mortar half track is a demon too.
24 Jan 2016, 11:05 AM
Patrion 28

251 with flamer projects from behind a shot blocker will waste bofors and 17lbers. if there isn't a shot blocker close enough then use a pak and watch for the high angle barrage. against the mortar pit itself just drive the 251 up to it and burn it. if there are vickers protecting it then burn those first.
24 Jan 2016, 14:37 PM

251 flame + attack ground + smoke cover = fantastic against emplacements.
24 Jan 2016, 18:18 PM

If it'd just a morat pit, use the above units.

If it's a mortar pit + Bofors,
A.)
ignore them and really pressure elsewhere and get tanks fast. He won't be able to help much elsewhere because of his investments in the emplacements and will be slow to get his own tanks as well.

Or

B.) Get help from your ally to double team it with paks mortars and flame pios.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Korea, Republic Of 3
Russian Federation 114
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %