Login

russian armor

Hotchkiss

PAGES (7)down
27 Apr 2016, 03:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 15:42 PMHitman5
Yes but Hummel for OKW first please

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 17:37 PMofield
I would like to see wespe Arty and p3 for ostheer.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 03:29 AMClick
I would rather have Panzer IV infantry tank from vcoh with lock down ability to fuk allies blob.

All very good suggestions for additional units

27 Apr 2016, 07:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 03:29 AMClick
I would rather have Panzer IV infantry tank from vcoh with lock down ability to fuk allies blob.

That's actually already in game with the PZ IV F.
27 Apr 2016, 07:38 AM

Sorry Tobis, but this beauty won it for my. Hotchkiss just can´t compete with this appealing and lovely piece of german engeneering! ;)
27 Apr 2016, 07:54 AM

Yes! The Hotchkiss would be great idea for a tank in an Ostheer or OKW commander.

As for the panzer 3, a tank which was used so widely in the war should really be put into the Ostheer tech tree. If I had to choose between the two the panzer 3 should have priority imo, more tier units and less units locked behind pay walls.
28 Apr 2016, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 12:25 PMTobis
HotchBUMP

Hotchbump rebump

I like the idea of an Ostheer stopgap. Right now they're relying on the puma for the light armour.

But how would it be done, Tobis? Would it be in T3? Or maybe in T2 after teching next battle phase?

28 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM

A Panzer III would be more thematically appropriate for Ostheer. CoH2 has been sorely lacking a Panzer III since it came out. How did they try to portray the early Wehrmacht without their workhorse of a tank? It's not too late: Vote Panzer III for Wehrmacht Light Armour!

Panzer III is a medium tank.
28 Apr 2016, 17:20 PM

Panzer III uber alles.
Hotchkiss was a laughing stock in vCoH and real life!
30 Apr 2016, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 15:56 PMJadek
Panzer III is a medium tank.

I'm aware of that, but it's a medium tank from 1939. The 50mm gun and 50mm armour put it closer to light tanks CoH2, hence my suggestion for it to fill the Ostheer light tank role.
2 May 2016, 14:48 PM

Yeah #TeamHochkiss 4 lyfe. The rockets could be shorter range(and shorter min range) than the Stuka but fire in a circle and low altitude(kind of like a hybrid Stuka/Tulip) and thus be and effectibe anti-blob tank. And its cute too.
2 May 2016, 21:05 PM

Make Hochkiss like a Command P4 with splash damage!
2 May 2016, 21:50 PM

I was thinking that if the Hotchkiss was going to be in the game, what if there was an ability which made it different from the Panzer IVs.

My suggestion would be called "Supporting Advance" which would allow the Hotchkiss to slow down and increase its rate of fire and allow it to suppress while accuracy, sight range, and movement go to hell.

A timed ability, but it could work.

Then again, Relic has a certain reputation which I have to factor in...
2 May 2016, 22:41 PM

Why put in a French light tank that didn't much use past the early years of the war in place of the panzer 3 which was widely used by the Wehrmacht on all fronts during the war and upgraded even until late?

Panzer 3 is just the more logical choice I reckon, and Hotchkiss was already in vcoh for the PE which suited the tank much better than OKW would since luchs, puma, flak ht can fill the roles of a Hotchkiss already.

Ostheer on the other hand could benefit more from having a earlier medium tank which can be used as mobile AT, since their only other options are expensive shreck pgrens or call ins such as the puma or stug E. Putting it in t2 with a t3 upgrade requirement would give an earlier AT option rather than immobile paks which sacrifice map control.
3 May 2016, 00:02 AM

Why put in a French light tank that didn't much use past the early years of the war in place of the panzer 3 which was widely used by the Wehrmacht on all fronts during the war and upgraded even until late?

Panzer 3 is just the more logical choice I reckon, and Hotchkiss was already in vcoh for the PE which suited the tank much better than OKW would since luchs, puma, flak ht can fill the roles of a Hotchkiss already.

Ostheer on the other hand could benefit more from having a earlier medium tank which can be used as mobile AT, since their only other options are expensive shreck pgrens or call ins such as the puma or stug E. Putting it in t2 with a t3 upgrade requirement would give an earlier AT option rather than immobile paks which sacrifice map control.
It's the nostalgia back in the first Company of Heroes. It was a tank which could have the option of having a good anti-vehicle role or it could be a tank that could be a Walking Stuka while it is strong enough to not die at close range.
3 May 2016, 02:57 AM

It's the nostalgia back in the first Company of Heroes. It was a tank which could have the option of having a good anti-vehicle role or it could be a tank that could be a Walking Stuka while it is strong enough to not die at close range.

But the AI role is filled by the luchs, the AT by the puma, and the mobile arty by the stuka. Having those combined those combined into one tank would make them obsolete, so what's the point. As a Ost doctrinal call in it might work, but not really otherwise.
3 May 2016, 03:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This tank would obviously have to be in an Ost commander, they haven't got a light tank at all.
3 May 2016, 11:03 AM

But the AI role is filled by the luchs, the AT by the puma, and the mobile arty by the stuka. Having those combined those combined into one tank would make them obsolete, so what's the point. As a Ost doctrinal call in it might work, but not really otherwise.
I should have elaborated, but it would be used by the Ostheer.
3 May 2016, 13:48 PM

Poll is missing the "no fuck microtransactions/p2w inside a $60 game" option
3 May 2016, 14:13 PM

Poll is missing the "no fuck microtransactions/p2w inside a $60 game" option

One-off payment for games is going the way of 2D platformers. Used to be a good/the only option but now microtransactions can open up a whole new realm of possibilities for funding and game development.

The less you spend, the less you'll get.

P2W sucks but I'm sure with the right approach, microtransactions can be beneficial to the game. New content = new interest and more $ = more programmer time.
3 May 2016, 15:05 PM

One-off payment for games is going the way of 2D platformers. Used to be a good/the only option but now microtransactions can open up a whole new realm of possibilities for funding and game development.

The less you spend, the less you'll get.

P2W sucks but I'm sure with the right approach, microtransactions can be beneficial to the game. New content = new interest and more $ = more programmer time.

Agreed microtransactions work fine in War Thunder, MOBAs, and fairly decent in Battlefield (and even old COD/Halo before the "supply drop" bs they have today). COH2 microtransactions are probably the worst in the industry. Overpriced af plus break the game.
3 May 2016, 18:00 PM

Agreed microtransactions work fine in War Thunder, MOBAs, and fairly decent in Battlefield (and even old COD/Halo before the "supply drop" bs they have today). COH2 microtransactions are probably the worst in the industry. Overpriced af plus break the game.

You're right, they do usually wreck balance.

There must be a way for Relic to implement them to improve gameplay and maintain a revenue stream. I'd gladly pay 5$ per commander if it meant better upkeep of the game and proper beta/alpha testing before release (what's left could go to the balance team)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS