Login

russian armor

What would you like to see from a new commander?

21 Jan 2016, 01:27 AM

Given that the other factions seem to have dozens of commanders available I'd imagine that Relic must be working on something for the British...

Royal Marines with Centaur IVs and naval gunfire support?
Indian Army with Gurkhas?
Lend Lease commander ( should be an easy one to rehash units) plus Achilles
Australian commander, maybe their UC mounted 2pdr.
Desert Rats with LRDG, Hurricane tincan openers.

Only a prototype but I'd quite like to see something with a Black Prince as a call-in. 6in armour and a 17pdr. :)

Also the tortoise, 78tons with a 32pdr main gun...
21 Jan 2016, 04:16 AM

Honestly I'd much rather see a revamp of Royal Artillery as right now it sucks.

But otherwise probably an earlier game commander. One with the Valentine tank.
21 Jan 2016, 06:04 AM

Yeah I've been trying out the Royal Arty, rather like the Valentine but nothing else of worth in the entire doctrine... What on earth are Sextons supposed to be for?

I'd like to see a commander with only early game options, no crocs or munitions intensive stuff just the solid lower level abilities which are more useful ( and less whingeworthy from the Axis).

Raid operation, command vehicle, logistics glider and air resupply with maybe the Valentine or similar on top.

Also a doctrine that specifically let you save munitions for mines etc rather than costing them, I'm always wishing I'd just bought Brens or piats rather than using some supposedly uber ability.
21 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM
Donator 11

I would like to see SAS-commander, that is not the commander for Swedish airways, but for the British special forces unit. No gliders and "push the button"-artillery, but real sneaky bastards behind the lines.
21 Jan 2016, 08:32 AM

Automatically spawning a quad Vickers K armed truck on their cutoff would be cool. :)
21 Jan 2016, 09:00 AM

Wanna see da UKF French résistance partisan commander :p
I'd like to see Knight's Cross Holders back in a OKW commander.
Or some kind of British ostruppen.

Kozo.
21 Jan 2016, 09:26 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 09:00 AMKozokus
Wanna see da UKF French résistance partisan commander :p
I'd like to see Knight's Cross Holders back in a OKW commander.
Or some kind of British ostruppen.

The British version of Ostruppen is the ice hockey players from Canada and the sheep farmers from New Zealand.
21 Jan 2016, 09:35 AM

Or British penals, could be two classes of them convicted and suspected.

The first would be Australians and the second King's division scousers.
21 Jan 2016, 09:56 AM

Romanian troops commander for Wehrmacht
21 Jan 2016, 09:58 AM

New gameplay. Here is what.
21 Jan 2016, 12:18 PM

I would like rework of old default commanders instead new commanders.
22 Jan 2016, 07:18 AM

I judge the commanders by how many abilities I use. Alas, none are very good.

Commando Regiment is not bad, as the are great close in, but too expansive for what are really shock troops with a base building. The Air superiority is good, but wont always kill an OKW base, and is very slow. The other arty is meh.

Royal Artillery Regiment is not as good as US, with Priest, etc. Sexton is so underpowered. I like the Valentine, although it is vulnerable. The arty barrage is very powerful.

I often select Royal Engineer Regiment when an emplacement is about to die. Doesn't work that well. Flame mortar is pretty useless, and AVRE is hard to use, and dies easily, and cant destroy tanks or OKW buildings. OK with blobs, but easy to miss.
22 Jan 2016, 09:11 AM

I judge the commanders by how many abilities I use. Alas, none are very good.

Commando Regiment is not bad, as the are great close in, but too expansive for what are really shock troops with a base building. The Air superiority is good, but wont always kill an OKW base, and is very slow. The other arty is meh.

Royal Artillery Regiment is not as good as US, with Priest, etc. Sexton is so underpowered. I like the Valentine, although it is vulnerable. The arty barrage is very powerful.

I often select Royal Engineer Regiment when an emplacement is about to die. Doesn't work that well. Flame mortar is pretty useless, and AVRE is hard to use, and dies easily, and cant destroy tanks or OKW buildings. OK with blobs, but easy to miss.

you're using the avre wrong, it's a churchill so i don't know why it "dies easily" lol. It's very easy to wipe squads, especially support teams and the reload time is quite short, shorter than most artillery that don't even guarantee the wipe. Combine that with emergency repairs and heavy engineers from anvil and you have a tough AVRE. Buy an AT gun and a firefly for AT and you have a solid defense.

You find out where the thing you want to demolish is, then bring your AVRE up, wait a second or two to see if they'll retreat the squad if it's normal infantry and then fire off a shot. It also does 60% to OKW half trucks so they'll need to get repairs asap otherwise the AVRE will come kill it next time.
25 Jan 2016, 05:04 AM

I'd like to see a combined forces commander with elite australian riflemen (maybe super accurate in cover, but fire slow vollies) and a unit that gives buffs to others. In the british forces reveal trailer it showed some guy standing on a universal carrier and i thought itd be cool to have that guy be a unit that drives around and gives buffs and maybe calls in arty support, but doesnt fight. Also some other light tank would be cool since the AEC is side-tech.
26 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 09:11 AMashxu

you're using the avre wrong, it's a churchill so i don't know why it "dies easily" lol. It's very easy to wipe squads, especially support teams and the reload time is quite short, shorter than most artillery that don't even guarantee the wipe. Combine that with emergency repairs and heavy engineers from anvil and you have a tough AVRE. Buy an AT gun and a firefly for AT and you have a solid defense.

You find out where the thing you want to demolish is, then bring your AVRE up, wait a second or two to see if they'll retreat the squad if it's normal infantry and then fire off a shot. It also does 60% to OKW half trucks so they'll need to get repairs asap otherwise the AVRE will come kill it next time.

I'm sure you're right. But compared to a Sturmtiger which can 1 shot a heavy tank, it is weak.
It hardly seems to scratch a tank, and OKW bases usually lose less than 1/2 health, then get repaired quickly. Not sure if the changing from AT to general makes a difference either.
27 Jan 2016, 11:34 AM

Given that the other factions seem to have dozens of commanders available I'd imagine that Relic must be working on something for the British...

Royal Marines with Centaur IVs and naval gunfire support?
Indian Army with Gurkhas?
Lend Lease commander ( should be an easy one to rehash units) plus Achilles
Australian commander, maybe their UC mounted 2pdr.
Desert Rats with LRDG, Hurricane tincan openers.

Only a prototype but I'd quite like to see something with a Black Prince as a call-in. 6in armour and a 17pdr. :)

Also the tortoise, 78tons with a 32pdr main gun...

yes,I think a lend-lease Brit commander would be great.The M10 Achilles with the 17p,not forgetting the m24 Chaffee and the M22 locust and more importantly the M3 Lee needs to be considered.

A Royal Air Force Commander is overdue,recon,supply drop,anti-air meaning when stukas are called in,spitfires can counter them in the air as a call-in.A Mosquito strafe at 10 commander points would be great,followed by a Lancaster carpet bombing run at 15 points.

28 Jan 2016, 22:33 PM

31 Jan 2016, 00:31 AM

yes,I think a lend-lease Brit commander would be great.The M10 Achilles with the 17p,not forgetting the m24 Chaffee and the M22 locust and more importantly the M3 Lee needs to be considered.

A Royal Air Force Commander is overdue,recon,supply drop,anti-air meaning when stukas are called in,spitfires can counter them in the air as a call-in.A Mosquito strafe at 10 commander points would be great,followed by a Lancaster carpet bombing run at 15 points.

Yeah i feel like the RAF is so integral to british WW2 history its odd they got somewhat left out. Out of all nations, the brits should be the ones with free AA, not OKW. But i like the idea of intercepting air support. Maybe you spend munis to set up a radio tower/alarm/spotters that sits in an area and whenever enemy planes enter the area of effect, they are shot down immediately. Maybe it could be an upgrade for the FOB.
8 May 2016, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 09:11 AMashxu

I better try using it again.

I didn't find it did that much to OKW trucks or tanks though.

It dies easily when shrek blobbed swarmed .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★