Login

russian armor

Interesting Results from 4v4AT Round 1

20 Jan 2016, 17:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge

An universe where tanks are on the move and take advantage of their maximum range.
And why would you throw your IS-2 in the tigers range ? :< i thought we speak of actual combat, not 1 tiger and 1 is-2 driving towards each other. :P
20 Jan 2016, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:15 PMd0ggY
. And in that regard allies have the clearly advantage.. As Axis you have to coordinate way better, way more aggresive support weapon play and you can be punished much easier.

I've watched your games on stream a lot you just abusing OKW design - no coordination, and your team is pretty suck when you play alies.

So same coordinate level. Such a difference in result.

Conclusion: Your statement is not convincing
20 Jan 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:07 PMd0ggY
And why would you throw your IS-2 in the tigers range ? :< i thought we speak of actual combat, not 1 tiger and 1 is-2 driving towards each other. :P

Maybe because they both have the same task of being a meathshield and handing out slaps to tanks and infantry alike? They also just happen to have the same cost.
20 Jan 2016, 17:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Maybe because they both have the same task of being a meathshield and handing out slaps to tanks and infantry alike? They also just happen to have the same cost.

And also you don't bring your tanks in without support, right?
20 Jan 2016, 17:12 PM

I think it's because allies benefit waaaay more from coordination and faction diversity.

Also Axis is very armor dependent. IF that armor could be at least repelled then allies have already won. That's where Axis technical superiority comes to play, along with careful application of their excellent, but small, infantry units.

What does OKW have that Wehr does not have a parallel to?

20 Jan 2016, 17:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I've watched your games on stream a lot you just abusing OKW design - no coordination, and your team is pretty suck when you play alies.

So same coordinate level. Such a difference in result.

Conclusion: Your statement is not convincing

And i said nowhere that the "Team" i play with is competent or good, they are just buddies. :P

20 Jan 2016, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:55 PMd0ggY

thread was not about shreckblobs, just for your info :> i don't complain, i just state it how it is. It was about ALLIES being strong.

Also, playcard mr scrub. IS-2 losing to a tiger, in what universe you live? :D

and before more shit comes out of your mouth, playercard. :p

Edit: saw you put your playercard in after i read your post, Mr 4v4 Random hero. Like 4v4 randoms and AT is the same bro

Lol, QQ more bro. you're losing credibility and everyone disagrees with you.
20 Jan 2016, 17:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Lol, QQ more bro. you're losing credibility and everyone disagrees with you.

How about you just actually read my thread without making wrong conclusions? wanna have a general balance discussion? wasn't asked here right?
20 Jan 2016, 17:32 PM

Allies won every game. Even teams that weren't highly proficient with allies still won.

We need to take a good hard look at balance because every game was about under 30 minutes and a stomp of the axis teams.

Proof is in the pudding and you'd be crazy not to acknowledge a trend like this.

20 Jan 2016, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:32 PMGdot
Allies won every game. Even teams that weren't highly proficient with allies still won.

We need to take a good hard look at balance because every game was about under 30 minutes and a stomp of the axis teams.

Proof is in the pudding and you'd be crazy not to acknowledge a trend like this.

Except cohstats speaks a different story. So this is far more complex than 'a trend'. Surprised at how trivial your approaching this Gdot.
20 Jan 2016, 17:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I know our team went into the axis round thinking axis was gonna be easy and "axis 4v4 trololol build 70 volks into KT IR HT is map hack LOLOL ", and got met with godlike cruzzi AEC across the map play, broken arty cover, maxim spam,, and calliopes... I don't wanna call it abuse, but all of that is pretty strong. Especially if you're not prepared for it, and it's all used by some of the best players in the game.

Also mixed allies to me seem impossible to game plan for. So much stronk can be thrown your way in many combos and as axis your options aren't nearly as strong. But then again we barely practiced axis because we assumed it would be EZ mode.

I don't think allies are op. A lot of people probably weren't ready for Dem Allies. But i do think our team will take axis more serious next time, along with certain things being nerfed.

I can't speak for the other teams and how "serious" they took things. But I know that was a huge factor in our axis performance :snfPeter:
20 Jan 2016, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

Allies benefit from coordination more than axis, we should also take in account that its harder to get though games as axis with at team in automatch so that affects the ability to react to the allied early game pressure/good coordination since the automatch games are so different to good at vs at.
20 Jan 2016, 18:26 PM

It makes more sense.Allies at least USF and Sov have more aggressive early gameplay. Any aggression is more effective if it coordinated just because you may concentrate more units and abilities for attack in one place to achieve success fast and with less casualties (Act of War) (Of coz defence also benefits from coordination but u cant defend everywhere in everyplace at anytime)

So the rule is attack benefits a lot from coordination

“The best form of defense is attack.” – Carl von Clausewitz
20 Jan 2016, 18:40 PM
Donator 11

#USFOP
#Believe
20 Jan 2016, 18:42 PM

20 Jan 2016, 18:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:12 PMJadame!
Like seriously, you gotta abuse hard (coz allies do). 5-6 volks shreck uberblob spam into 2-3 stukas into jt. isg spam with flare spam into luchs and situational puma/jp4 into cp or kt. Hard mhts, stug spam and hard pwerfer spam. paks 43 n other good stuff like command p4 and cp aura stacking, overall coordination.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:44 PMnewvan
Watched 3 games from 4, I was disappointed with axis play, very disappointed, mostly with build orders. Like Jadame said - allies were trying to use anything that gave them advantage and abuse it, and axis played like in regular mediocre game.

I agree with these guys. The axis has tools which players can (ab)use in 4vs4, but I didn't see much of these in the games that A_E casted. Maybe we see more of them in next games.

By the way, arranged teams should win 100% of the times against randoms in automatch, so I think that these tournaments are the only way to see how good an arranged team is and what is balanced or not balanced in 4vs4. So probably we see a drastic improvement in team tactics (especially for the axis) in 4vs4-tournaments in the future.
20 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

I want to know if RTN's Allies play beat SOE's Axis play because when I think of the perfect Axis coordination, I think of SOE or like Devlish's team but unfortunately he wasn't in the tournament
20 Jan 2016, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 17:45 PMpugzii

Except cohstats speaks a different story. So this is far more complex than 'a trend'. Surprised at how trivial your approaching this Gdot.

Not sure I follow. Allies won every game. Literally whichever team played as allies won. Teams competing were highly skilled. Allies won on average 400+ to 0 VPS. 8 Total games played. How else should I be seeing it?

Even teams like FOCUS, one of the best axis oriented teams lost on Steppes (an axis favored map).

Just because we've been saying axis OP for a long time doesn't mean its true. These games aren't a factual statement but they certainly present a very strong trend, imo.
20 Jan 2016, 19:09 PM
Donator 22

I like how people try to argue/defend how bad the axis team was or how bad the build order was. Excuses guys :sibHyena:
20 Jan 2016, 21:50 PM

I want to know if RTN's Allies play beat SOE's Axis play because when I think of the perfect Axis coordination, I think of SOE or like Devlish's team but unfortunately he wasn't in the tournament

Our allies beat their axis. Their allies beat our axis.

None of us are 4v4 experts but allies seem really really favored this patch in all modes really. AEC with Soviet t2 means even a puma struggles to counter the AEC. Maxims shut down OKW completely. Then proper usf play can walk all over Ost. Plus the m20 is 4s is even more nutty than in 1s because retreating takes about 5 minutes so there are a ton of opportunities for squad wipes. Then late game is just filled with mortar pits protected by calliopes, is2s, Isus, 6lbers, etc.

Plus the 17lber Isu combo feels pretty uncounterable given an even game up until that point. Oh and of course artillery cover insta winning all tank battles.

Don't mean to QQ just trying to tell it like it is from my limited 4v4 experience this patch.

I could probably theory craft some crazy axis build to counter allies but meh. Would rather focus on ESL and 2v2 tourney for now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★