Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
20 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 10:07 AMTAKTCOM

Wipe? Sounds like :hansRNG:

Yes if the are clumped and you have some dps source nearby - eg riflemen that can cap weapon afterwards
20 Jan 2016, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 13:18 PMBlalord

640 HP, good armor, best indirect fire, call-in, its fine ? :p

so, calliop is OP for you because his hp pool and armor????? it should be fine if we reduce his armor and hp to pee-werfer values???? or we should nerf pee-werfer too?????

of course, if we go this way, do you think we should reduce 140 fuel too??, or it is fine for you????

if it is fine this 140 fu price coz callin, then we should reduce e8 fuel price since now is locked behind tech and you have to build them in t4 but still same fuel price that when callin???

or both ez8 and calliop fuel price are fine once calliop stats are nerfed to pee-werfer levels???

please, explain, noob here ...sure I wrong, and it is not fine, but hey, explain to me those things so I can understand why calliop is so OP, so I don´t repeat such a fail.

Regards,
20 Jan 2016, 16:45 PM

So you want all of the allies 'Goods's and none of the bads?

You want racks but still want to keep the ability for fieldwise MG-42 upgrades?
You want smoke grenades and still have rifle grenades?
You want a pwerfer with tank armor but you don't want a Main tank with paper thin armor?
Armor unreliable in terms of price/survivability but you still want your best in game Panther.

It doesn't work one way.

(Yes, tell me you want shitty Riflemen grenades, AT guns that have low pen, no sniper unit, have the pwerfer with armor be a call-in and have your armor locked behind a inf unit that first's cost is the same as said armor unit.)

You completely missed the point of my post. You were the one saying Axis have rockets so Allies should have them too. YOU said that. Not me. I was just turning it around by saying would you then be ok with axis having allies superior characteristics? Obviously not.
20 Jan 2016, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:30 PMFul4n0

so, calliop is OP for you because his hp pool and armor????? it should be fine if we reduce his armor and hp to pee-werfer values???? or we should nerf pee-werfer too?????

of course, if we go this way, do you think we should reduce 140 fuel too??, or it is fine for you????

if it is fine this 140 fu price coz callin, then we should reduce e8 fuel price since now is locked behind tech and you have to build them in t4 but still same fuel price that when callin???

or both ez8 and calliop fuel price are fine once calliop stats are nerfed to pee-werfer levels???

please, explain, noob here ...sure I wrong, and it is not fine, but hey, explain to me those things so I can understand why calliop is so OP, so I don´t repeat such a fail.

Regards,

- Yes, its the only arty that need 4 At shot

- its 140 fuel cause its the best indirect fire on the game: Best durability and firepower for an arty vehicule

- Pzwerfer die to one at gun shot, by your logic it should cost 1/4 of Calliope price ? Remember, going T4 is really costly for ostheer

- No need to spam "?", one is enough each time

in short : divide his HP by 2 and it will be ok
20 Jan 2016, 17:22 PM

Calliope is just fine.

Dismiss.
20 Jan 2016, 17:32 PM

This commander is the result when a faction is designed purely around commanders.

I don't think calliope deserves that big of a nerf, just make the doctrine less braindead to pick. It has everything for every situation. Just like old rifle company.

Quad comes too early or shouldn't even be in the commander for a start.
20 Jan 2016, 19:20 PM

This commander is the result when a faction is designed purely around commanders.

I don't think calliope deserves that big of a nerf, just make the doctrine less braindead to pick. It has everything for every situation. Just like old rifle company.

Quad comes too early or shouldn't even be in the commander for a start.

Quad doesn't come too early. You can get the M15A1 in the same time or sooner. The problem going T2 for the M15 is lack of AT. Vs OKW, you die by the blob or by the luchs. So by going Support, you can go T3 for AT and get the Quad for AI and you're covered for both conditions.
20 Jan 2016, 19:34 PM

We're going to have the same issue with the land mattress commander for the UKF when they release it.

When a faction has no (someone mention base howi's I dare you) non doctrinal artillery to counter blobs and soften defenses, they are heavily handicapped. I'd pick the ability to have rocket artillery over any current UKF commander, assuming covering artillery will be adjusted by this point too.
20 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 19:20 PMGhostTX

You can get the M15A1 in the same time or sooner.

Sooner.
20 Jan 2016, 20:20 PM

The suppression makes it really unique though. If damage no longer autowipes anything it doesn't really matter.

Unique doesn't make it balanced. What's the katyusha's uniqueness, the inaccuracy?
20 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 20:20 PMF1sh

Unique doesn't make it balanced. What's the katyusha's uniqueness, the inaccuracy?

Its longer range
21 Jan 2016, 00:47 AM

Its longer range

But you can't hit anything at long range
21 Jan 2016, 04:39 AM
Patrion 28

katy fires in multiple volleys. mostly meh but occasionally useful or denying points and it makes the timing easier against OKW's T1.
21 Jan 2016, 05:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 16:45 PMRappy

You completely missed the point of my post. You were the one saying Axis have rockets so Allies should have them too. YOU said that. Not me. I was just turning it around by saying would you then be ok with axis having allies superior characteristics? Obviously not.

Annddd You completely missed the point of my post. I said that apparently it's ok for Axis to have very very very good Rocket arty but apparently it's not ok for Allies to have any of the same effect/damage/wipe ability. Most of the post in this thread supports that.

Then I turned it around saying you "would be ok with Axis also having the un-superior Allied characteristics?" (Obviously Not) and you just looked over it.

Just like how you will admit you don't want any challengers to Axies rocket platforms.

Also how the hell does "Another case of the "Axis can do it but the Allies can't" Mindset." translate into me saying "Axis have rockets so Allies should have them too?" Way to go far over the point of the post. you sure love to cherry pick things to make them into the view you want them too huh?

It works both ways.

Also it's a shame that the USA has to pick a commander just to get a Arty unit that does just as much if a bit more than the two non-doc german ones. See my Avatar.

Also Thread:

21 Jan 2016, 07:41 AM

I saw a match where someone takes Mobile Defense doctrine to counter the Calliope. If you get the Command Pz4, it increases your defense and it helps a lot against Calliope barrages.
21 Jan 2016, 11:12 AM

Well, no matter what things will probly change and people will still complane about the unit.

So much Axis basi in this thread it is awesome. Yes you, you have no idea what your talking about, case closed, and Thank you for proving my assumption was correct.

Have a nice day.
21 Jan 2016, 11:32 AM

why pershing dont have kt armor lol ?? why caliope is not paper like werfer wtf??? this game is ridiculous :hansGG: !!!
21 Jan 2016, 11:37 AM

Go knock on a Sherman's armor, then go knock on the egg-shell that is the armor of a SdKfz4 variant.

Be amused by the ridiculous difference between the two.
21 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

one thing that isnt paper in USF and its OOOPPP. STuka zu fuss is in 5-6 cp and caliope is in 10cp so ok pls nerf caliope but make it 7cp ok ?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS