Login

russian armor

Help with Artillery (howitzers)

15 Jan 2016, 14:09 PM

Hello,
Iv googled, iv steam forum, I have looked and yet I am blind or dumb but for the life of me I cannot find any help on placing usable artillery pieces in a map. I am building a map called omaha beach and Im trying to have some sort of navel bombardment from the ships before you take your troops to the beach. Smaller things mortars are just simply out of range. Basically im in the world builder trying to place usable objects but those Howitzers are quite stubborn. I have tried putting them in groups and editing the scar files, like i was abandoning the vehicles but no joy there. The game just freezes upon startup. Delete the objects and poof, works.... Anyone offer any help? thanks

Also, the Pantherturm, seems usless. I can put guys into it, but the turret doesnt work, nor do the guys fire from it. Anything else I can incorporate to the map, Im into doing, so shoot some ideas!!

Edit-- Okay I figured out how to place the 203 Howitzer on the map and be usable. Select the top 203 and just assign it to a player. Unfortunately I am still working on how to abandon it. But at least its placeable.
15 Jan 2016, 15:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I have moved this to Mapping.

As for the Pantherturm, it is not functional.
15 Jan 2016, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 15:07 PMeliw00d
I have moved this to Mapping.

As for the Pantherturm, it is not functional.

oh, okay. Thank you.
14 Oct 2021, 23:28 PM

Did you find a solution? ??

Hello,
Iv googled, iv steam forum, I have looked and yet I am blind or dumb but for the life of me I cannot find any help on placing usable artillery pieces in a map. I am building a map called omaha beach and Im trying to have some sort of navel bombardment from the ships before you take your troops to the beach. Smaller things mortars are just simply out of range. Basically im in the world builder trying to place usable objects but those Howitzers are quite stubborn. I have tried putting them in groups and editing the scar files, like i was abandoning the vehicles but no joy there. The game just freezes upon startup. Delete the objects and poof, works.... Anyone offer any help? thanks

Also, the Pantherturm, seems usless. I can put guys into it, but the turret doesnt work, nor do the guys fire from it. Anything else I can incorporate to the map, Im into doing, so shoot some ideas!!

Edit-- Okay I figured out how to place the 203 Howitzer on the map and be usable. Select the top 203 and just assign it to a player. Unfortunately I am still working on how to abandon it. But at least its placeable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment