Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
19 Jan 2016, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:25 PMcr4wler

just as a reference point... after the OKW rework in Dec. the forum was flooded with "OPKW" threads within hours, and about a week later there was a patch nerfing OKW.

i'm not saying that at least some (if not all) of the nerfs weren't entirely justified, but there was exactly 0 adapting done by anybody after the rework before filling the forum with nerf requests.

Guess what? Relic openly admited to overbuffing OKW there.

Guess what again? More OKW nerfs are coming. Prepare for side upgrades for trucks.

And guess what last but not least-when faction within few days of a patch goes from 40-50 W/L ratio to 90%+ then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to call it OP.

I don't see UKF W/L ratios sky rocketing since AEC change, I simply don't see them at the very bottom in ALL game modes any longer.

UKF buff gave them another tool to play with.

OKW buff was equivalent of giving them 50% more tanks and 25% more shrecks while keeping all the benefits and freebies from resource penalty system-one would have to be an utter idiot or biggest fanboy in the solar system not to call OKW right after buff OP, moreover, it was OBVIOUS they will get overbuffed, but relic ignored it-at least they did reacted quickly.
19 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:32 PMKatitof

Guess what? Relic openly admited to overbuffing OKW there.

Guess what again? More OKW nerfs are coming. Prepare for side upgrades for trucks.

And guess what last but not least-when faction within few days of a patch goes from 40-50 W/L ratio to 90%+ then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to call it OP.

I don't see UKF W/L ratios sky rocketing since AEC change, I simply don't see them at the very bottom in ALL game modes any longer.

UKF buff gave them another tool to play with.

OKW buff was equivalent of giving them 50% more tanks and 25% more shrecks while keeping all the benefits and freebies from resource penalty system-one would have to be an utter idiot or biggest fanboy in the solar system not to call OKW right after buff OP, moreover, it was OBVIOUS they will get overbuffed, but relic ignored it-at least they did reacted quickly.

you're entirely correct. UKF is not at the bottom of winrates. It pretty much never was (apart from that week directly after OKW rework iirc). That place belonged to Ostheer for most of last year.

And, please katitof... You're insulting and condescending to everybody, but yourself you spew either outright lies or provable wrong stuff all the time. Please, think a bit more before you post.
19 Jan 2016, 19:47 PM

Permanently Banned
I can't quite understand more okw nerfs when they aren't even top of the winrates but are like 3rd in 1v1 and 2v2. Adding side tech nerfs would just kind of make the faction UP again, unless SwS trucks became free again. Its already 300 mp per tech. Adding side tech would need to include more bonuses like actual grenades, stg44 and faust upgrades, lowering of FRP to 200 from 300, lowering of sturmpio med kits from 40 to 30 and give AOE healing.

Just my suggestion.

And also if you are forced to upgrade the 3.7 cm gun on shwerer, Im pretty confident nobody will build it outside their base again.

Allies aren't as disadvantaged as people like to say, they actually enjoy a lot of early-mid game advantages.
19 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:44 PMcr4wler

you're entirely correct. UKF is not at the bottom of winrates. It pretty much never was (apart from that week directly after OKW rework iirc). That place belonged to Ostheer for most of last year.

And, please katitof... You're insulting and condescending to everybody, but yourself you spew either outright lies or provable wrong stuff all the time. Please, think a bit more before you post.

You know what is awesome about statistics?

They become extremely biased when you will use only limited data.

Lets see how it was before the patch, shall we?

Now what do we have here?

OH LOOK! UKF at the bottom of winrates!

OH GUESS WHAT!? UKF stopped being free win after the patch!

If anyone is insulting anyone, its you, insulting the inteligence of all people on these boards while you try to present extremely selective data that only supports your own narrow, biased point of view in even more narrow time period.
19 Jan 2016, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Why even look at the line graph? The bar graph paints a way more accurate picture. Since jan 14th patch its been looking basically or nearly the same since
19 Jan 2016, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:52 PMKatitof

You know what is awesome about statistics?

They become extremely biased when you will use only limited data.

Lets see how it was before the patch, shall we?

Now what do we have here?

OH LOOK! UKF at the bottom of winrates!

OH GUESS WHAT!? UKF stopped being free win after the patch!

If anyone is insulting anyone, its you, insulting the inteligence of all people on these boards while you try to present extremely selective data that only supports your own narrow, biased point of view in even more narrow time period.

thanks for proving my point. that was exactly the time span i was talking about.
19 Jan 2016, 20:26 PM

It's pretty clear what has happened to the balance since the AEC was buffed. Looking at the statistics the relative balance in 1v1 and 2v2 has now swung completely in the favour of the Allies. Whereas now, 3v3 and 4v4 seem relatively balanced.

I personally think 1v1 and 2v2 balance is more important than 3s or 4s.
19 Jan 2016, 21:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Just drop mp, increase research time and make it 10-20 fuel more expensive. Hardly unfair considering how good it is.
19 Jan 2016, 21:46 PM

One thing to note is that if the Brits manage to gain equal map control while having to spend MP on expensive and cost-ineffective IS as well as 440 MP's worth to actually get the AEC, the Axis player did something horribly wrong, especially if they're OKW. You should be able to easily outcap the UKF player within that timerame.

From then on, yes the inital AEC can hurt, but not much more than the Luchs, M20 or Stuart. As OKW you should have a shreck squad already, and can divert some MP to a raketen. As Ostheer you should have the muni to faust if necessary, and have a Pak come out at the same time or soon after.

Basically, if you see that your british opponent isn't building a lot of infantry, expect an AEC and prepare accordingly. Don't go for an extended T1. Even if he ends up going for a BOFORs for some reason, the Pak is also a counter, and if he instead goes sniper the 222/251 are 200 MP away. Point being, as Ostheer, get T2 fast.
19 Jan 2016, 22:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:25 PMcr4wler

just as a reference point... after the OKW rework in Dec. the forum was flooded with "OPKW" threads within hours, and about a week later there was a patch nerfing OKW.

Didn't people play weeks before the release of the patch on the preview? And they were expecting for something else besides just yolo giving full resources back?

Ontopic: besides any change on mp/fuel, you could delay the Aec for some seconds by increasing the research time.
20 Jan 2016, 11:33 AM

I dont think the new AEC is OP. I mean its certainly better, but not a game breaker. OKW has no problem against it at all... ofcourse if relic nerf volks+schrecks in the future they will have a problem.

I would delay it a little bit and buff that garbage 222 for OST finally..
21 Jan 2016, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 19:52 PMKatitof

Yeah we all know your PoV is not narrow, biased or one sided. You're THE mastermind when it comes to balance. If we would follow your suggestions great Stalin would succeed and Soviets finally have 100% winrate. But...oh well.

AEC is fine, though Brits need another possibility to deal with garrision and cover other then Sniper or AEC. Mortar Pit is garbage. OKW dont need nerfs, it need a real revamp. The faction is easily counterplayed by maxims in 1v1 and suffers from real options other then volks. It's another story in 3v3/4v4 but we shouldnt give that blobfest/artilleryfest no mroe thoughts.
22 Jan 2016, 09:29 AM

Just drop mp, increase research time and make it 10-20 fuel more expensive. Hardly unfair considering how good it is.

Do you even play UKF? If it was more expensive fuel wise it would be a big nerf. The AEC is the only viable answer to light vehicles for UKF. Piats? lmao. AT guns have to be set up. Snipers? If you had the time to fit in like 5+ shots sure or if the OKW player is retarded or went afk.
22 Jan 2016, 09:32 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 09:29 AMashxu

Do you even play UKF? If it was more expensive fuel wise it would be a big nerf. The AEC is the only viable answer to light vehicles for UKF. Piats? lmao. AT guns have to be set up. Snipers? If you had the time to fit in like 5+ shots sure or if the OKW player is retarded or went afk.

AT guns are a viable counter to any light vehicles bigger than a kubel/WC 51/M3. the setup time just means that they require positioning and attention.
22 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 09:29 AMashxu

Yeah I play UKF, and the AEC is overperforming. UKF is easier to play than ostheer for me. Think grenadiers but more jacked, and no issues with light armor. Thats UKF imo.

The AEC can self spot for itself with 50 sight range, while regular light tanks have 35. It comes sub 6 minutes while other light tanks come atleast a minute later. Its capable of fighting infantry and serving as effective light AT. Has 400 health + non doc smoke.

Lets be real here.

Sight to 35, research time increased 45 seconds. Possibly fuel increased from 50 to 60. Research mp 100 to 80, AEC 340 mp to 280.

22 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

The AEC can self spot for itself with 50 sight range, while regular light tanks have 35. It comes sub 6 minutes while other light tanks come atleast a minute later. Its capable of fighting infantry and serving as effective light AT. Has 400 health + non doc smoke.

Lets be real here.

Sight to 35, research time increased 45 seconds. Possibly fuel increased from 50 to 60. Research mp 100 to 80, AEC 340 mp to 280.

If you think AEC performs too well (which is highly debatable) increasing costs and build time is a wrong route.
Before the patch, a lot of british players prefered to beeline to a Cromwell at 10 min. Now we got a step at the 6min mark where AEC is aviable (and crom delayed). If you increases costs and build time this makes the AEC less desirable compared to a waiting a little bit more for a far better medium tank. Putting the AEC in the same place as before, an unsed unit, not something we want.

Kozo.
22 Jan 2016, 10:46 AM

Yeah I play UKF, and the AEC is overperforming. UKF is easier to play than ostheer for me. Think grenadiers but more jacked, and no issues with light armor. Thats UKF imo.

Lets be real here.

yeah... no. That's kicking it in the dick, no one would use it if it was even more expensive. If the AEC were to be nerfed then it should be reverted back but made cheaper to deal with light tank threat but not kill infantry as hard. But that's assuming it is OP and the general consensus is UKF right now aren't doing so hot, I rarely see them being used in higher level play.

Also I don't know who you're playing but I don't know what to say if you think UKF is easier than Ost. Not to discredit Ost players but Ost gets a lot of options from their tech buildings while UKF needs to commit to the same options (Mortar pit can only be built with REs and can't be moved. AEC needs to be researched and then built and locks out Bofors, grenades and weapon racks must also be researched, further delaying your tanks. OKW and Ost both get grenades and weapons as installs once you reach a certain tier.

Not say UKF sucks but you need to make a lot of choices to get them to shine.

AT guns are a viable counter to any light vehicles bigger than a kubel/WC 51/M3. the setup time just means that they require positioning and attention.

I hope your playercard is your smurf account because you have in total 1 UKF game.

Luchs and the 222 are heavily mobile, the Luchs takes 3 AT shots to take down. Any non retarded OKW player will simply hit and run your units, forcing retreats, Sturms are also good at repairs so they can get back up fast, not to mention the repair half truck.

UKF's only reliable solution is the AEC, Piats suck.
22 Jan 2016, 10:53 AM

AEC itself is not a problem.
But combine AEC with Stuart and Quad in 2v2 and gg :foreveralone:
22 Jan 2016, 15:52 PM

AEC itself is not a problem.
But combine AEC with Stuart and Quad in 2v2 and gg :foreveralone:

lol, you didn't think through this did you? 2v2 but 3 different vehicles from 3 different factions... UKF - AEC, Stuart - USF, Quad - SOV
22 Jan 2016, 15:53 PM

lol, you didn't think through this did you? 2v2 but 3 different vehicles from 3 different factions... UKF - AEC, Stuart - USF, Quad - SOV

lol, you didn't think through this did you?
Stuart + Quad from mobile support + AEC from Brits teammate.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS