Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
16 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:11 AMpugzii

But as brits my first unit out has to be AT guns vs luchs/ht/222 etc.. chill br0

apart from the fact that the 222 and ht have nowhere near the impact the AEC has and that the AEC counters both just fine, they also go down to small arms fire.
16 Jan 2016, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:11 AMpugzii

But as brits my first unit out has to be AT guns vs luchs/ht/222 etc.. chill br0

Also no body mentions that getting AEC puts a serious dent in your MP, 100mp/15fu + 340mp/50fu, that means your field presence is weak as shit without AEC and your Cromwell be delayed and anybody says use its ability to fend of PzIV, try using it for a few times it is gardening bugged. Dual Sniper is still the go-to strat, AEC is for countering specific unit rush like Stug E, Luchs (Barely) and Prostruppen strat.
16 Jan 2016, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:43 PMcr4wler

apart from the fact that the 222 and ht have nowhere near the impact the AEC has and that the AEC counters both just fine, they also go down to small arms fire.

Yup my 2 sections are going to put a dent in a HT, oh wait..
16 Jan 2016, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:53 PMpugzii

Yup my 2 sections are going to put a dent in a HT, oh wait..

try 2 IS vs. HT and 2 grens vs. AEC. hint: ost loses in both cases... hard.
16 Jan 2016, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:11 PMcr4wler

try 2 IS vs. HT and 2 grens vs. AEC. hint: ost loses in both cases... hard.

And remind me again the manpower and fuel costs required to unlock and get an AEC?
16 Jan 2016, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:14 PMpugzii

And remind me again the manpower and fuel costs required to unlock and get an AEC?

remind me again why you have to rush an AT gun vs. ostheer but ostheer doesn't have to? or the fuel costs of building t1, unlocking t2, building t2 and building a 222/ht (or pak, for that matter)? remind me how this factors into whether the AEC is too strong or not?
16 Jan 2016, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:24 PMcr4wler

remind me again why you have to rush an AT gun vs. ostheer but ostheer doesn't have to? or the fuel costs of building t1, unlocking t2, building t2 and building a 222/ht (or pak, for that matter)? remind me how this factors into whether the AEC is too strong or not?

My fuel comparison was in regards to the cost difference of an AEC and 222/HT... Just because there is now a viable strategy where Brits can get an effective armored car doesn't change much for the game at all. Ost still had to get AT for Stuart/AAHT etc... and Brits still need AT immediately for Luchs etc... learn to adapt, I've had literally 0 issues with AEC... if I see it I just don't get aggressive until I have my PaK or just incendiary it to death.

Remember if a Brit player rushes an AEC, its a massive risk (like luchs rush is a risk) because it delays his Cromwell MASSIVELY.
16 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 16:24 PMcr4wler

remind me again why you have to rush an AT gun vs. ostheer but ostheer doesn't have to?

lol wut
16 Jan 2016, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 15:43 PMcr4wler

They also have nowhere near the cost of AEC.

Get three 222s and then you'll be able to compare them to AEC.
16 Jan 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:19 PMpugzii

My fuel comparison was in regards to the cost difference of an AEC and 222/HT... Just because there is now a viable strategy where Brits can get an effective armored car doesn't change much for the game at all. Ost still had to get AT for Stuart/AAHT etc... and Brits still need AT immediately for Luchs etc... learn to adapt, I've had literally 0 issues with AEC... if I see it I just don't get aggressive until I have my PaK or just incendiary it to death.

Remember if a Brit player rushes an AEC, its a massive risk (like luchs rush is a risk) because it delays his Cromwell MASSIVELY.

Its very simple the defensive orientated brits should never have the offensive punch of the usf.

increase the fuel cost to 95. or revert the changes and buff the brit infantry which is much more sensible.
16 Jan 2016, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 18:09 PMKatitof

16 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM
Patrion 14

not sure if OP, but I love AEC.

useful when it comes out and packs a punch to heavier armours as well.

think all light vehicles should be like that.

so cost increase if OP, not performance decrease please.
16 Jan 2016, 18:56 PM

People fail to realize that as OH. It's simply not fun, and repetitive having to rush tier 2 for AT gun.. I can say the same about British to the p2. Some of you are using mines as a "counter" that's a pure luck deal. As most goodnplayers avoid mine areas. As well as using sweepers. As for pgrens with shrecks. Yea cuz anyone with a brain will micro awayou before the next 2 shots come... point is. It's not fun..
16 Jan 2016, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 18:15 PMZyllen

Its very simple the defensive orientated brits should never have the offensive punch of the usf.

increase the fuel cost to 95. or revert the changes and buff the brit infantry which is much more sensible.

Lol you must be kidding , 95 fuel cost. For worse stuart. This can is nowehrere compered ot other lights in terms of AI power (i made tests and it never win agains stuart or t70 or luchs in time needed to kill one coscript squad)

And also in terms of AT power it is nowehre near puma , it miss often , have shorter range and lack stunlock.

Please go ahead , you want to compare this car to cromwell , cause it will almost cost like cromwell.

Does 100 damage , not 180 , dies in 3 AT shots not on 4 does not have crush , can crush infantry , does not have 70 range smoke , does not have commader upgrade and is not able to fight p4 head to head.

I was comparing to british cromwell tank.

EDIT: "I t seems to fine to buff AC car radius in order to double its cost. seems fair"
16 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM

Lol cuz how often do you see 3 .222s right? I see your point in price.. but the effectiveness of the 3 .222s will never match 1 AEC. The impact of one unit is far greater than the other.. 3 of them to be more exact... not to mention we are talking early game here..
16 Jan 2016, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:19 PMpugzii

and you missed my point. apart from the fact that in the ost vs ukf matchup the AEC buff changes A LOT, there is virtually no reason to rush an AT gun vs. ost for UKF, whereas the reverse is very true (unlike you claimed)

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 17:33 PMTobis

lol wut

exactly.

also misses the point. comparing cost of KT and Stuart or M20 or whatever would be just as "helpful".

16 Jan 2016, 19:59 PM
Patrion 15

What I dont get is with vanilla factions you gotto think ahead, read your opponent, etc... but now with this the only real counter is Puma and even that AEC could not win 1v1 but sure can fightback too.

What I'm trying to say is new AEC is too good: OK, but Its stupidly good. Its anti-everything. You just make It and dont worry about what will my opponent do to counter It.

At first I thought +5/10 fuel increse could delay It a bid. But Its nothing like that, AEC itself is all around.

I guess the only thing to balance Its squad killing abilities, by giving an ability which could cost 40-60 AMU to unlock Its current blast radius for a short period of time. Because Its nobrainer unit just does everything, there is no compromise or wrong build, you just make It and push the line.
16 Jan 2016, 20:13 PM
Patrion 14

WTF, just take some rank 1 opinion here ok! IT IS OP AS FU!!!! :facepalm:

Rank 1 player with almost Axis games only :romeoPls:
16 Jan 2016, 21:00 PM

Pugzii says it's fine everyone so it's fine. It's fine because British have to deal with a fast p2 from OKW. So it's fine against OH as well. Lock the thread, no argument here..
16 Jan 2016, 21:09 PM

So for the people saying "it's fine", can someone explain to me how "it's fine" vs. OST?

With equal fuel incomes it seems to show up around the ~6min mark, meaning you'll barely have T2 up, let alone have a PAK in position. You can't hit it with a faust (kites inf), so it drives around like crazy taking out models everywhere. The only temporary solution I can think of is insanely lucky AT mines, but you'll only be able to afford 1 or 2 (at best), since you need MG42s on your grens to hold off the brit inf, and of course, it requires the AEC actually hitting it.

Honestly, I'd be fine with it if it hit the field at around 8-min. The unit itself is fine; it just shows up way before any counter.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS