Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
16 Jan 2016, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 23:11 PMRollo

Why is it OP firesparks? Got any replays were a AEC has wiped your entire army as a shock unit?
440mp+65 fuel for something that deals less damage than a T-70 and dies just the same from two pak shots.

Put a shrekked volk in a building and then suddenly this "Stuart on steroids" is hopeless.

Really it's a pretty dumb comparison when the AEC has less health, no instant crew repairs, no working stun/snare and is more expensive

http://www.coh2.org/replay/47914/a-game-where-we-all-went-brits-to-test-how-the-new-aec-work
16 Jan 2016, 01:02 AM

BeefSurge wrote:
A lot of people have an image of how they want a faction to play, leading to problems. This is why you have people complaining about lack of Soviet bunkers, why T34/76 sucks, why Cons don't scale, Grens don't get normal grenades, Muricans don't get heavy tank, OKW laser weapons and Die Glock Death Bell, etc
I love this lol, wheni was noob this affected my play and I was stubborn to listen to better players lol
16 Jan 2016, 01:26 AM

played around with it some more

it's a bit much for the timing against ostheer. this is not really arguable, it's like a t-70 that arrives ~1:30 earlier, so you have to blindly rush for t2 and get a pak out as soon as the game starts.

however, the AEC does seem reasonable against okw's anti-everything volks + luchs build. you can inflict some manpower bleed to the schreck blob with a tommy screen, and drive off lone squads capping on the flanks where it used to be laughed at.

as an aside, what bothers me a lot is that the AEC is substantially stronger than the godawful T-34/76 at killing infantry, while not being much worse at fighting tanks.
16 Jan 2016, 01:37 AM

"and drive off lone squads capping on the flanks where it used to be laughed at."

This and anti garrison is the main change for me. Previously Volks or Pioneers would just continue capping if the player knew what they were doing which was damnably annoying.

It allows you to harass a little bit too, though it is easy to overextend just because I'm not terribly used to doing it!

I like it, but if someone offered me the Luchs instead I'd rip their arms off. I love those little buggers and am never happier than when a generous opponents abandons one.
16 Jan 2016, 01:55 AM

That thing is still a worthless shit.
16 Jan 2016, 01:56 AM

Permanently Banned

Why is it OP firesparks? Got any replays were a AEC has wiped your entire army as a shock unit?
440mp+65 fuel for something that deals less damage than a T-70 and dies just the same from two pak shots.

Put a shrekked volk in a building and then suddenly this "Stuart on steroids" is hopeless.

Really it's a pretty dumb comparison when the AEC has less health, no instant crew repairs, no working stun/snare and is more expensive

400 hp + smoke. Its actually the most durable light tank. Good vs both infantry and light armor.
16 Jan 2016, 02:02 AM

Why is the solution to every problem with allied units volks with shreks? Much of the debate here is based off of it's effectiveness against Ost, who cannot get AT quick enough to counter it. Please people I'm begging you, don't look at balance only against OKW.
16 Jan 2016, 02:27 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/47914/a-game-where-we-all-went-brits-to-test-how-the-new-aec-work

I asked for a serious game and you gave me a 4vs4 cheesefest (with some of the best 4vs4 players delivering the cheese)

I'll give you a 1vs1 and you can use the ever so OP AEC against me if you wish, I'll play Ost

Why is the solution to every problem with allied units volks with shreks? Much of the debate here is based off of it's effectiveness against Ost, who cannot get AT quick enough to counter it. Please people I'm begging you, don't look at balance only against OKW.

That above suggestion goes to you too, I'll show you how early Ost AT can counter a light vehicle (they've been doing it for a year vs USF m20/AAHT after all)
16 Jan 2016, 02:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 02:27 AMRollo

I asked for a serious game and you gave me a 4vs4 cheesefest (with some of the best 4vs4 players delivering the cheese)

I'll give you a 1vs1 and you can use the ever so OP AEC against me if you wish, I'll play Ost

That above suggestion goes to you too, I'll show you how early Ost AT can counter a light vehicle (they've been doing it for a year vs USF m20/AAHT after all)

Yeah AAHT and M20 used to be so fucking OP before people learned how to counter them as ostheer.
16 Jan 2016, 03:41 AM

6 mintues into the game. There Is a rushed AEC, utility car and t70. The Americans recieving an extra unit with the tech for the utility car, the British having a offensive unit to start with for range and God mode in cover... it's tiring rushing tier 2 for a 5 minute light tank. Let's not forget the zooks that come with the utility car.
16 Jan 2016, 04:41 AM

You mean the patch that was released for preliminary testing where OKW was found to be wildly over-performing, but was then released in spite of that, and had to be patched within a few days to prevent player base from quitting?

Yes people did complain about that immediately because they had already played it for at least a few days and often for more than 1 week.

...and OKW winrates were STILL lower than US winrates before the patch ;-)
and people have been complaining ever since that OKW is OP, even if every single allied faction, even the supposedly unplayble brits, have a higher winrate... you'd think that people playing this game would want a balanced game. this forum is evidence that they don't.
16 Jan 2016, 07:38 AM

6 mintues into the game. There Is a rushed AEC, utility car and t70. The Americans recieving an extra unit with the tech for the utility car, the British having a offensive unit to start with for range and God mode in cover... it's tiring rushing tier 2 for a 5 minute light tank. Let's not forget the zooks that come with the utility car.

Hmm, so how do you deal with M20/AAHT? They are same if not < fuel than AEC which can't auto repair after engine crit.

Why do you only play Axis?
16 Jan 2016, 07:39 AM

quoting this for truth

it's fine and actually needed for the OKW volksblob meta, but it's tilting the field against wehrmacht. it basically forces a pak response as your first unit straight out of T2, that's really not reasonable.

ed: M20/AAHT are much less durable and can be fought with good 222 micro if you see the LT tech, you don't have to have pak out and ready to survive against those the way you do with AEC
16 Jan 2016, 08:33 AM

quoting this for truth

it's fine and actually needed for the OKW volksblob meta, but it's tilting the field against wehrmacht. it basically forces a pak response as your first unit straight out of T2, that's really not reasonable.

ed: M20/AAHT are much less durable and can be fought with good 222 micro if you see the LT tech, you don't have to have pak out and ready to survive against those the way you do with AEC

Or you could get a PG with shreks
16 Jan 2016, 08:33 AM

You know you can easily counter that with mines or schreck right? Just because you ll need to think a little bit harder to counter it doesn't mean its op
16 Jan 2016, 08:47 AM
Patrion 15

Its very good againts ostroopen+sniper meta though
16 Jan 2016, 10:11 AM

quoting this for truth

But as brits my first unit out has to be AT guns vs luchs/ht/222 etc.. chill br0
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak