Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
15 Jan 2016, 21:17 PM

Just another light vehicle that the allies have that makes OH rush tier 2 in the first 4 min to get an AT gun counter...

Better than the old days where OST never built T2 and just skipped straight for T3
15 Jan 2016, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Better than the old days where OST never built T2 and just skipped straight for T3

You mean 10 minute panthers back in 2013? Totally different game.
15 Jan 2016, 21:38 PM

From what I've seen of it's performance, it probably needs to come out around the 7 minute mark. In a regular game you can potentially get it out at 5:30ish. I think that's probably way too soon for a Stuart like tank.
15 Jan 2016, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 19:25 PMcr4wler

you mean like the last patch in december? were people were crying about okw also less than 24h into the patch? 3 days later the forum was freaking FILLED with "OPkw" threads? with you joining in? and now, even disregarding the patch from yesterday, the only faction that OKW is ahead of in 1v1 winrate is Ost.

yes, you are right, this forum TRULY is amazing... all of the time :-)

You mean the patch that was released for preliminary testing where OKW was found to be wildly over-performing, but was then released in spite of that, and had to be patched within a few days to prevent player base from quitting?

Yes people did complain about that immediately because they had already played it for at least a few days and often for more than 1 week.
15 Jan 2016, 22:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I played some more with it, the performance seems fine. Ostheer struggles against a light tank so early though. Maybe they could increase the build time by a little on the AEC to help with this.
15 Jan 2016, 22:46 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 22:28 PMTobis
I played some more with it, the performance seems fine. Ostheer struggles against a light tank so early though. Maybe they could increase the build time by a little on the AEC to help with this.

Buildtime is linked to cost if I remember correctly.
15 Jan 2016, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 10:48 AMNEVEC

I never thought this day would come again.

UKF release? FailFish
15 Jan 2016, 22:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 22:46 PMLe Wish

Buildtime is linked to cost if I remember correctly.

It's not, build times can be adjusted separately.
15 Jan 2016, 22:59 PM
Patrion 14

It's not, build times can be adjusted separately.

I stand corrected.
15 Jan 2016, 23:03 PM

Why is it OP firesparks? 440mp for something that deals less damage than a T-70 and dies just the same from double pak.

15 Jan 2016, 23:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Its smoke ability makes it very hard to destroy without it hitting a teller mine or over extending. Making keeping it alive till tanks or till the end game not very challenging.
15 Jan 2016, 23:06 PM

Its smoke ability makes it very hard to destroy without it hitting a teller mine or over extending. Making keeping it alive till tanks or till the end game not very challenging.

Puma does the same? Is it considered OP? i dunnooooooooooo
15 Jan 2016, 23:11 PM

it's a stuart on english beef steroid and arrive earlier. Even the volks schreck is having problem against it.

The aec was crap before, but it should have gotten a range buff instead of a range.

Why is it OP firesparks? Got any replays were a AEC has wiped your entire army as a shock unit?
440mp+65 fuel for something that deals less damage than a T-70 and dies just the same from two pak shots.

Put a shrekked volk in a building and then suddenly this "Stuart on steroids" is hopeless.

Really it's a pretty dumb comparison when the AEC has less health, no instant crew repairs, no working stun/snare and is more expensive
15 Jan 2016, 23:14 PM

Permanently Banned

Puma does the same? Is it considered OP? i dunnooooooooooo

See with the puma, it does have more range, but AEC is general purpose and you don't give up healing going for AEC like you do going puma. If puma could fight infantry too I'd say it would be pretty OP considering it has 50 range and smoke.
15 Jan 2016, 23:22 PM

See with the puma, it does have more range, but AEC is general purpose and you don't give up healing going for AEC like you do going puma. If puma could fight infantry too I'd say it would be pretty OP considering it has 50 range and smoke.

You don't give up anything going puma, you simply get healing bit later.
However, brits do give up bofors for choosing AEC as well as they slow their tech down, whilst OKW just techs further.

Pumas main cannon isn't really AI beast, but its coax have the strength of LMG42, its vet1 ability extremely easily picks out brit sniper and retreating units with last man.

AEC fights infantry better, Puma fights armor better.
15 Jan 2016, 23:24 PM

But it does fight infantry. When just facing non-AT infantry, i use the machine gun to slowly pick away at models. Sure, it's main gun is not as effective at infantry but the mg to a degree is. It's just like how people say the panther is only good versus tanks... it's got 3 mgs lol. does a pretty good job I thinks...
15 Jan 2016, 23:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 23:22 PMKatitof

You don't give up anything going puma, you simply get healing bit later.
However, brits do give up bofors for choosing AEC as well as they slow their tech down, whilst OKW just techs further.

Pumas main cannon isn't really AI beast, but its coax have the strength of LMG42, its vet1 ability extremely easily picks out brit sniper and retreating units with last man.

AEC fights infantry better, Puma fights armor better.

Theres kind of a reason most people go med truck, because by going mech you put most of ur eggs into one basket. You are solely relying on a puma or luchs to pick up the slack of not being able to heal your infantry. Low health sturms and volks are pretty outclassed vs rifles and sections. Plus then you gotta buy the med truck as soon as possible to remedy this, then you have to go flak truck to be able to field tanks. Going mech requires you to fully tech up everything. Still delaying obers or armor, so jaegers or panzerfussiliers are almost necessary.

Going med truck and mech only and solely relying on pumas and stukas is possible, but I dont see many people doing it.

Also I read the lmg42 on the puma is bugged and does no damage currently. Forgot about aimed shot.
15 Jan 2016, 23:46 PM

Theres kind of a reason most people go med truck, because by going mech you put most of ur eggs into one basket. You are solely relying on a puma or luchs to pick up the slack of not being able to heal your infantry. Low health sturms and volks are pretty outclassed vs rifles and sections. Plus then you gotta buy the med truck as soon as possible to remedy this, then you have to go flak truck to be able to field tanks. Going mech requires you to fully tech up everything. Still delaying obers or armor, so jaegers or panzerfussiliers are almost necessary.

Going med truck and mech only and solely relying on pumas and stukas is possible, but I dont see many people doing it.

Also I read the lmg42 on the puma is bugged and does no damage currently. Forgot about aimed shot.

Are you sure about that? I will have to play tonight to confirm but I used the puma to pick off infantry that go capping.

You're not technically giving up healing because sturms get heal at vet 1 (supplies). That was supposed to counteract the med truck... obviously people don't use it because they don't vet up their sturms or they spent all their munitions on shreks...

15 Jan 2016, 23:49 PM

Get on with the time...

Current meta is mechanized into luchs, sturm med kits are enough to sustain yourself until bettlegroup is up, unless you're rushing AA HT there is no reason NOT to go for luchs with its current timing and power.

Whatever you read about puma is wrong, it kills just as well as it ever did.

Let me guess... 4v4 hero?
aaa
16 Jan 2016, 00:01 AM

Ha ha. I dont play but i hope this units will spoil the game for axis. Make it T1 to come quicker plz. God bless
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS