Login

russian armor

Revitalizing the Soviets and giving more Risk v. Reward

16 Jan 2016, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 06:34 AMTAKTCOM

Like sov you have alot close combat option:
- first, it's CE flamethrower. They not great, but they can clean up the house or cover;
- second, cons&molotov. Some sort of you main spam forse so you have few of them anyway;
- trid, partyzans. They have nade, molotov and SMG.
- fourthly, Shock troops. A bit outdated but still effective.
- fifth, PPSH cons. Cons have some real weapon.
- At sixth. Assault guards. Something even worse than a PPSH cons, but still have SMG and nade.
So why choose penal? No reason. And you do not choose them.

Sorry but you are completly wrong.

- CE, like you said. They are not fighting infantry. They can just help you with garrisons.
- Cons have shit DPS in late game and molotv is very, very easy to dodge.
- Partisants, squihy 4-men squad with melee range PPSH and they base on surprising. Cannot be your mainline.
- Shocks, melee range, doctrinal, don't come right away, expensive, cannt be mainline infantry.
- Doctrinal, melee range, you need to Ouurah every time. While doing so, you gonna lose model or two.
- Assauly Guards. Let's just leave them crying in corner.

Penals:
- Come right away.
- Very good at close range, useful at mid and long range.
- Non doc flamer.
- Can be your mainline infantry.
- 60% accuracy with vet.

Shame I don't have anymore screens of after game stats in 2v2 where 3 Penals squads have like 70-100 kills everytime. Impossible to achieve by Partisants, CE, Cons, sometimes maybe shocks.

The only thing is they don't do the job on every map and it makes T4 less desireable.
16 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

Penals:
- Come right away.
- ...useful at mid and long range.
- Can be your mainline infantry.

Sorry seem we play different СoH2. :guyokay: In my version penals is nothing without flamethrower. Men who use penals is novices who do not know how does a game. Or veterans tired of endless Shock Rifle & Guard coordination and playing now NKVD, Conskripts Tactics and other trash like Defence Tactics.
16 Jan 2016, 10:36 AM

Penals:

- Very good at close range, useful at mid and long range.

If only :foreveralone: whole squad deals less long range DPS then 2 grens and barely more then single tommy model :foreveralone:
16 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:28 AMTAKTCOM

Sorry seem we play different СoH2. :guyokay: In my version penals is nothing without flamethrower. Men who use penals is novices who do not know how does a game. Or veterans tired of endless Shock Rifle & Guard coordination and playing now NKVD, Conskripts Tactics and other trash like Defence Tactics (Community).

Just yesterday I put Penal squad into M3, drive behind 2 Volks who where behind yellow cover and rekt them hard.

Really shame I deleted screenshots with insane Penals stats. I will make some games tonight then.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:36 AMKatitof

If only :foreveralone: whole squad deals less long range DPS then 2 grens and barely more then single tommy model :foreveralone:

Well, yea, but still more useful than Shocks :luvDerp:
17 Jan 2016, 02:07 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 10:28 AMTAKTCOM

Sorry seem we play different СoH2. :guyokay: In my version penals is nothing without flamethrower. Men who use penals is novices who do not know how does a game. Or veterans tired of endless Shock Rifle & Guard coordination and playing now NKVD, Conskripts Tactics and other trash like Defence Tactics.

You should give penals another chance. They are absolutely amazing on urban/ midrange maps, and transition well into lategame with vet. I've beaten quite a few good players with them in 2s random and AT.

I built t1 with my first ce squad, then straight off build 4 penals. (Sometimes with an M3 in there for kubel hunting). At 22mp per model, they are almost as cheap on reinforcing as conscripts. Then, I lock in reserve army, and rely on at partisans to crush enemy light armor, and recon (They cloak).

Lategame, just get 2 su76 for at/ indirect fire, and spam out cons for free with rapid conscription, using your vet3 penals as flanking squads for your vet 0 conscript fodder-horde, and spamming mines and trip wires when you can to even the playing field.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 10
unknown 3
United States 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %