Login

russian armor

Gren 42 and G43 combo

15 Jan 2016, 23:30 PM

hmmm, well Ive played those who tried to blob ppsh cons. Trust me, its nowhere near as difficult to fight as shrek blobs or rifle blobs. Which are really the only true blob threats. Maybe I shouldn't say gren vet is weak, its more like grens are the weakest of the mainline infantry in terms of durability. Idk its just whenever I play ostheer, it feels like the whole army is so fragile and collapses so easily with one good flank or light vehicle rush. Grens and pgrens aren't that good. Its all snipers, mgs and ostruppen. It feels like every time I try to use grenadiers vs americans or british that I'm just wasting my time and should just go build ostruppen, dont even think about pgrens other than for shrecks. So I think being able to buy g43 and lmg42 isn't that bad, I'd atleast want to test it out.

Cons don't have much firepower, but they are more easily kept alive and trade very efficiently and absorb well, when you get them to vet 3. Their purpose to rush into the weak spots on the front and throw molotovs and AT nades while tanks and support crews follow up. I'd prefer they not have that increased +9% received acc at vet 0 though.

For early game, I just think you have to follow up with a mg. if you have 2 grens, and 1 mg and they have 3 rifles, you can bait and suppress and follow up. they do not have FRP until T3 so that allows you to build defenses for their return.

I read the latest article about luvnest, the winner of the ESL I think.
http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/01/14/community-spotlight-luvnest

He states his favorite faction is OST because it's balanced and allows for more versatile strategies although it is more delicate to handle. So you are correct in feeling that way but I believe there are other viable counters since USF/OKW tend to be more limited to a particular style.
15 Jan 2016, 23:31 PM

How can you remember times when grens would beat guards, but not remember the several nerfs to g43s and lmg42s since they removed the possibility of being able to buy both.

Even with g43s and lmg42 thats still less firepower than western allies when dual equipping. I don't see the issue considering grens are very fragile and have weak veterancy.

Why dont they just unlock conscripts ppsh with t3? And replace ppsh in doctrine with dp28 for like 40 muni. Vet 3 ppsh cons are pretty good because they are so tanky.

In what world do grens have weak veterancy? Their accuracy and received accuracy bonuses make them able, at 240 mp 60 ammo each, to stand up to any allied infantry short of 'mandos, 1919 rifles and paras. They are easily one of the most scalable infantry units in the entire game.

Conscripts are more survivable, but have such atrocious DPS (without doctrinal upgrades obviously) that unless you outplay your opponent, all they're going to be late game is meatshields. Whereas Grens are potent frontline infantry from start to finish because of how crazy good they scaling is.
17 Jan 2016, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2016, 16:54 PMVuther

Pretty sure upgraded PFs should beat Rifles with one BAR at range 20. PFs will have very slightly higher DPS while having a man over Rifles in durability while Rifles will have 0.03 better target size, unless the benefit of having more DPS based in one individual is one I am underestimating and is that much better over PFs' starting to lose more DPS after the 4 man dies. Any closer and the PFs should definitely just wreck the BAR Rifles.

Ive tested them on mid-range.

vanila PFs are better both rifles and IS on midrange..
G43 PFs are better than Rifles or IS +1xLMG on midrange

The only thing they have trouble is 5 men IS squad.. thats where trouble starts for them..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★