Login

russian armor

Relic give up on putting native language?

13 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM
Donator 11

There is no recording or programming involved. All they have to do is pick right voice lines (some community members would love to do it for them for free, including me), combine it all in a language pack with english text and push to steam servers as new language so whoever desires could download it. Thats it, on relic side its no more than half a day of work for one employee.

Not to mention how much advertising they can add to it. If they made ad about game breaking pathing change they definitely can do one about language pack and gain money from it.
13 Jan 2016, 20:41 PM

from the last time you made a thread about this. This means it is indeed probably not going to happen, making new threads about it all time won't help either.

i win because i go against the "rules". ever since the plug on kotre's community native language project was pulled we expect that relic has given up on the notion entirely. that's too simple...too obvious. i choose to put native language as option in the game if i was working with relic so people can enjoy it like they do in XCOM EW. you can like your plain old dull vanilla english or whatnot all you want but at least the option to hear something different is there if you want to.
13 Jan 2016, 20:49 PM

There is no recording or programming involved. All they have to do is pick right voice lines (some community members would love to do it for them for free, including me), combine it all in a language pack with english text and push to steam servers as new language so whoever desires could download it. Thats it, on relic side its no more than half a day of work for one employee.

Not to mention how much advertising they can add to it. If they made ad about game breaking pathing change they definitely can do one about language pack and gain money from it.

my point exactly so far relic is more focused on patching and bug fixing that can go on til relic is bankrupt. they shud focus on native language first before they do anything else. i tell u patching and bug fixing is a forever war.
13 Jan 2016, 20:58 PM

I must say that I would love to have each faction's OV. On COH, I dowloaded the audio files of German and English versions of the game to have the German and English voices in my game. It was way more immersive. Unfortunatly, I can't do the same for COH 2.

I don't get what is difficult about putting an option to have russian, german and english voices in the game. Since everything is already recorded, there should be no major problem.

I never liked the "Ich bin ready" "Ich vierderhole, fall back position is canceled" things ... And I think I'm not the only one who does.

Even on free to play like World of Tanks there is an option to have the native langage of each nation : Russian, German, English, Japanese, Chinese and French !
nee
13 Jan 2016, 22:39 PM

so you prefer that the axis and soviet units are speaking in corny english? at least USF and brit voices sound convincing better than those other 3 factions i spoke of. ugh hearing axis and soviet dialogue in english is nauseating.

Yes I do prefer, but I do not think that is relevant.
As for corny English, I'd at least know if my units were being attacked from the flank, or by a tank. That doesn't happen when it's all Russian or German babble. And no, the "but it's optional" is no justification.
The whole eSport thing also doesn't make this a priority.
And I can't help but think they don't want to increase file size just as an option.

Even on free to play like World of Tanks there is an option to have the native langage of each nation : Russian, German, English, Japanese, Chinese and French !

True, but I recall there's far less voice lines in that game, all of it about as much as one language for one faction in COH2.

Anyhow the very fact that for a relatively simple project Relic has never bothered to deal with, shows just how much they care about it: zilch.
16 Jan 2016, 21:06 PM

really? it doesnt take an idiot to realize when something like is going to happen (native language or no) and than pressing the space key to find out what it is plus with today's technology u can upgrade ur memory storage to 1 TB. failing that u can always buy a new computer it's cheaper that way if u hav money.

16 Jan 2016, 21:16 PM

Lel, native language? I guess, its much important right now to fix billions of bugs, optimization and unstabile balance? And they cannt handle even with this high priority tasks. Native lang? Spare me, pls.
16 Jan 2016, 22:33 PM

Lel, native language? I guess, its much important right now to fix billions of bugs, optimization and unstabile balance? And they cannt handle even with this high priority tasks. Native lang? Spare me, pls.

bug fixing and patches is a forever war without end you'd be dumb enough to not realize that. so i say native language shud go in first since its a one-time deal implementation.
16 Jan 2016, 22:51 PM
Donator 11

Its easy to do, can bring some players to the game and the effect is actually to be seen. In case of ballance and bug fixes every new patch that repairs handfull of problems couses much more new ones, in case of ballance it is more important for people that they are relesing patches and doing something that what is the real effect.
nee
17 Jan 2016, 01:19 AM

really? it doesnt take an idiot to realize when something like is going to happen (native language or no) and than pressing the space key to find out what it is plus with today's technology u can upgrade ur memory storage to 1 TB. failing that u can always buy a new computer it's cheaper that way if u hav money.

It doesn't take an idiot to realize something like this won't be a important feature compared with fixing bugs (which is a universal issue). It DOES however take an idiot to keep thinking otherwise.

The entire point of audio queues is you don't need to press space key to go to every situation to find out what's going on.

I'm sure Relic tried the "well they can always buy new computers" pitch to SEGA investors and unsurprisingly laughed out of the room.

This whole thing would have been easy to do if Relic simply did it first. They never did, so it's a difficult job now, what with five factions and ever-increasing complexity given rearrangement of abilities and features, all of which have unique audio queues. There is already watering down with generic quotes.
Oh yeah, and there's still bugs regarding text and audio as well. I'm surprised that half of the time, this bloated software called CoH2 doesn't crash...half the time.

And no, it is not a one-time deal implementation. It MIGHT if Relic does everything right the first time, but who the hell thinks they can pull that off?
17 Jan 2016, 01:29 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree with Bigred. Native voices are what we need RIGHT NOW. I heard some very very talented modder did this ages ago but then something happened to mods in general (i dont know?!). but bigred is right. as long as soviet soldiers speak the language of american heroes of the past, communism will live on. Even if its jsut in the heads of those consuming your video game material, relic entertainment. and even though you are canadian (which by itself is NOT a problem for me. I respect your nation) you were part of the war effort and should not try to hide your nations history. what bigred is trying to say is that germans who speak english are just weird. and to be honest: the british are not quite right either, but more on that later.

now i am a coder myself (mostly doing html) so ive got a tiny bit of experience in the realm of online software. so i know that this isnt hard to implement at all. some voices are probably already there and if not you can jsut ask the communtiy to do them. im sure lots of people would volunteer for that. i would. but i cant because i dont speak many languages. thank you for your attention. you should all email relic and copy this thread.

best regards
benjamin, 19yo, zutphen
17 Jan 2016, 01:31 AM

relic should just cancel the game in order to work on the native language option!

the only way relic will ever make a native language option is sacrificing yourself to Vishnu, we can do it together big red one, REAL american heroes sacrifice themselves for vishnu in order to get a native language option for a video game
17 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM

bug fixing and patches is a forever war without end you'd be dumb enough to not realize that. so i say native language shud go in first since its a one-time deal implementation.
Its a forever war because of incompetent generals, who making this war. Bug fixes is one time deal too: you find a bug - you remove it with hotfixes, not with a single patch in 2-3 months. Balance tuning isnt so easy to handle with, but this game 3 years old already, ffs.
17 Jan 2016, 11:21 AM

Native languages would add so much depth to the gameplay that we would forget about bugs, UPness and OPness.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★