Two bugs:

1. Have wrong icon When you select commander ingame appears wrong icon
Mechanized Grenadier Group.

2. Prices wrong Both have a very similar price
Mechanized Grenadier Group & Mechanized Assault Group
12 Jan 2016, 18:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm pretty sure the LMG grenadiers that come in this halftrack still have insane vet 2 rifle nade range as well since they're a separate squad.

Unless it was changed, then I stand corrected.
Only Relic postRelic 12 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Added the Icon to our database. Prices are as intended. Thanks
12 Jan 2016, 19:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the LMG grenadiers that come in this halftrack still have insane vet 2 rifle nade range as well since they're a separate squad.

Nope, they have the original Vet 2 from Grenadiers; it was never changed because like you said, they're a different squad. grenadier_squad_mp was nerfed, grenadier_squad_mg42lmg_mp was forgotten. In fact I wonder if any other changes were forgotten since then.
12 Jan 2016, 19:53 PM

Nope, they have the original Vet 2 from Grenadiers; it was never changed because like you said, they're a different squad. grenadier_squad_mp was nerfed, grenadier_squad_mg42lmg_mp was forgotten. In fact I wonder if any other changes were forgotten since then.

They also don't get penalty when building and under fire, if I remember correctly...

Imo it would allot better if instead of grenadiers one got stormtroopers...Would make the ability more appealing... [to take a bit further and if 250 could be upgraded with spotting scope...even further and gain veterancy (share with occupants? get a gun?)]
12 Jan 2016, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 19:53 PMMyself
Imo it would allot better if instead of grenadiers one got stormtroopers.

I prefer getting Grenadiers with a free weapon to Stormtroopers that must shell out 100 munitions for theirs.
12 Jan 2016, 23:00 PM

I prefer getting Grenadiers with a free weapon to Stormtroopers that must shell out 100 munitions for theirs.

Guess it is matter of opinion, the thing is 250/lmg gren have little utility since one can easily built the grens. On the other hand calling in Stormtroopers would give access to an exotic unit making it a bit more appealing...
13 Jan 2016, 03:50 AM
Patrion 28

afaik ost snipers can still abuse the 250 although the doctrines are so unpopular i don't think anyone bothers.
13 Jan 2016, 06:42 AM

afaik ost snipers can still abuse the 250

What do you mean?
13 Jan 2016, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 06:42 AMJohnnyB

What do you mean?

Loading up inside the Sdkfz 250 halftrack and shooting out of it, a-la Soviet clown cars back in the day.
13 Jan 2016, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 06:47 AMtengen

Loading up inside the Sdkfz 250 halftrack and shooting out of it, a-la Soviet clown cars back in the day.

Dam' I didn't know that.
Well, time to abuse, I guess. Lol.
13 Jan 2016, 06:54 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 06:49 AMJohnnyB

Dam' I didn't know that.
Well, time to abuse, I guess. Lol.

*begins rant*

just kidding. Have fun. don't be a dick about it. xD
13 Jan 2016, 07:32 AM

*begins rant*

just kidding. Have fun. don't be a dick about it. xD

Well it can work with mechanized assault too, which is a pretty decent doctrine.
Relic should fix this bug/exploit too, of course.
13 Jan 2016, 10:21 AM

The ost sniper can't garrisons these HT's, they fixed that aswell.
13 Jan 2016, 10:27 AM

Same with Lend lease PPSH guards in the M5 still have the higher AoE nades.
13 Jan 2016, 17:24 PM

Personally for the price the HT from doctrines SHOULD REINFORCE i mean it costs 30 fuel! but the HT can't actually do anything? I mean even the american equivalent with Engineers and M5 can reinforce.
13 Jan 2016, 17:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 17:24 PMXazax
Personally for the price the HT from doctrines SHOULD REINFORCE i mean it costs 30 fuel! but the HT can't actually do anything? I mean even the american equivalent with Engineers and M5 can reinforce.

One of the reasons i don't use that doctrine, it is too cost inefficient when you can't use it to reinforce your other units on the field with it. :< literally the only halftrack to call-in and not be able to reinforce
13 Jan 2016, 17:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 17:28 PMd0ggY

One of the reasons i don't use that doctrine, it is too cost inefficient when you can't use it to reinforce your other units on the field with it. :< literally the only halftrack to call-in and not be able to reinforce

That's a general theme with a lot of commanders and units in the game. When it comes to call-ins, the CPs may not match up for a good time in the game (Valentine), the units may be too expensive (these 250 halftracks, Mechanized Co. HT call in w/Assault Engineer), or they are not as powerful as a unit you could get at the same time (Stuart vs. M8 Greyhound).

Some units need an HP buff (M8 Scott) or clearly defined roles (conscripts vs. Penals), or some abilities need to get their stats changed to align with what they do (USF 240mm artillery vs. German railway artillery)

Making minor changes to a few units will do a few things like increase the chances of people buying dlc commanders that are mediocre or bad at the moment, but also introduce more differing but viable strategies/builds into the game.
Relic already did this when they adjusted Captain price and Stuart HP; that's one example.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★