Login

russian armor

OKW AA Truck

10 Jan 2016, 05:31 AM
Patrion 14

Being that OKW has full resource income. I don't get why they still get The AA truck to use to lock down certain segments of the map. I personally don't think this is fair, am I right or wrong ? I'm interested in hearing others opinions on this matter.
10 Jan 2016, 05:45 AM

Very map dependent. On some maps it does give a big advantage. On most maps though I think it's fine; it gives map control but it's vulnerable to bombardment and losing it is a major setback, usually costing the game in 1v1. I wouldn't mind seeing a small decrease in penetration so it isn't so effective against medium tanks.
10 Jan 2016, 05:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 05:31 AMjorsg
Being that OKW has full resource income. I don't get why they still get The AA truck to use to lock down certain segments of the map. I personally don't think this is fair, am I right or wrong ? I'm interested in hearing others opinions on this matter.

Easy to destroy. Don't see what's unfair about it.
10 Jan 2016, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 05:31 AMjorsg

Brits have Bofors to lockdown points. They can build multiple ones and also if one dies you don't lose all ability to field medium armor.
Should we discuss removing them?
What about getting rid of the DshK? I mean you can't just pick and choose bits you don't like about another faction without thinking how your own favourite faction might be superior.
10 Jan 2016, 09:47 AM

Of course Scherwer's free AA ability should be removed.
Calling commandos for 500MP? No worries, schwerer will take care of them!
Calling for fuel drop? Woops, schwerer is there!
etc. etc.
etc.

I'm mostly fine with locking down secor but AA abilities of schwerer should be removed long time ago.
10 Jan 2016, 10:19 AM

Well, relic replied recently that they are considering side tech upgrades for OKW, so we'll have to wait until ESL ends and see what happens.
10 Jan 2016, 11:30 AM

Permanently Banned
Need rework, 1 of all remove aa function, than penetretion or range.
10 Jan 2016, 12:30 PM

Of course Scherwer's free AA ability should be removed.
Calling commandos for 500MP? No worries, schwerer will take care of them!
Calling for fuel drop? Woops, schwerer is there!
etc. etc.
etc.

I'm mostly fine with locking down secor but AA abilities of schwerer should be removed long time ago.

They were nerfed long time ago
10 Jan 2016, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 12:30 PMDomine

And still it shoots down 40% of planes :luvDerp:
It was nerfed while it should be removed or introduce and upgrade you need to pay for.
10 Jan 2016, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 12:30 PMDomine

Except, they weren't.

Shwerer AA is as potent as it was on day1.

Range was reduced, then it was ninja increased and nothing have changed, except for the fact that OKW have tier tied make-up mechanic for reduced resources without having reduced resources.
10 Jan 2016, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 12:34 PMKatitof

Except, they weren't.

Shwerer AA is as potent as it was on day1.

Range was reduced, then it was ninja increased and nothing have changed, except for the fact that OKW have tier tied make-up mechanic for reduced resources without having reduced resources.

Except it was because people complained about free AA.
10 Jan 2016, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 12:41 PMDomine

Except it was because people complained about free AA.

And it is still free AA.
10 Jan 2016, 12:48 PM

And it is still free AA.

I get it when you say it's not expensive enough, but saying it's free is just like calling any other unit free, if you just ignore the cost.

The only 'free' things I can think of is UKF recon plane and Anvil lmgs.
10 Jan 2016, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 12:48 PMDomine

I get it when you say it's not expensive enough, but saying it's free is just like calling any other unit free, if you just ignore the cost.

The only 'free' things I can think of is UKF recon plane and Anvil lmgs.

Well, you need to update your game cause anvil does not offer free lmgs anymore.

And yes, it's free. You receive plane counter just for teching. For free you can ruin win the game by shooting down 500MP commandos.
10 Jan 2016, 12:55 PM

It should have been looked at as part of the OKW revamp. It's a huge advantage to the OKW that they don't need anymore (and even before the buffs it was marginal).

I consider it the best emplacement in the game. The strength and range of its gun along with the toughness of the structure means it has more effect on games than any other emplacement, and it doesn't need to stop shooting to survive. Stick it next to a fuel point or cutoff and you've stopped all harassment until medium armour or later (unless you let the opponent walk 2 AT guns up to it and shoot freely, which isn't the hardest thing in the world to stop). Then you add in the free AA on top of that. As a casual observation, anyone using the vanguard strafing support seems lucky to get more than the initial pass if there's a flak HQ on the field.

You get all this for not much more than the cost of the forward retreat point that is the major. I really don't see how it can be justified any more.
10 Jan 2016, 13:04 PM

Well, you need to update your game cause anvil does not offer free lmgs anymore.

And yes, it's free. You receive plane counter just for teching. For free you can ruin win the game by shooting down 500MP commandos.

It's not free just as USF teching is not free, even if it offers you free units. It's like saying Riflemen are free, you get a unit just for pressing a button. It's absolutely not free unless you can get it with 0 MP 0Munitions and 0 fuel.
10 Jan 2016, 13:10 PM

Not going to take a bait and feed you even more.
10 Jan 2016, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 10:19 AMKatitof
Well, relic replied recently that they are considering side tech upgrades for OKW, so we'll have to wait until ESL ends and see what happens.

I still think that giving it a fixed arc that needs to be manually changed (like an AT gun) OR a MUCH slower traverse would go a long way to fixing the problem.

10 Jan 2016, 13:19 PM

Not going to take a bait and feed you even more.

Which is synonymous for 'I have no arguments anymore' just like saying 'X is free' is synonymous for saying either 'I have no clue about this game' or 'I don't like this faction and will take every opportunity to pull it into the dirt'
10 Jan 2016, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 13:19 PMDomine

Which is synonymous for 'I have no arguments anymore' just like saying 'X is free' is synonymous for saying either 'I have no clue about this game' or 'I don't like this faction and will take every opportunity to pull it into the dirt'

Except that every argument you have presented on this thread has been disproved.

Flak HQ nerfed? No.
Free LMGs with anvil? No.
Whatever point you were trying to make about free units....probably No XD
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 97
unknown 56
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W