Login

russian armor

OKW AA Truck

21 Jan 2016, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 09:47 AMAlphrum
Look, why nerf something that isn't over performing? it has it rewards and risks and its a static target for crying out loud people

+1

A schwer out of the base is a sitting duck asking to eat a well deserved 200 munition strike and send back the OKW out of the ring.
Or a ground attack from an at gun
Or any medium tank
Or rocket artillery
Or mortar grind
It is also very vulnerable during building.

Boo-hoo, i can't counter an anti-infantery immobile gun-plateform with infantry! unbalanced!
Oh no! My outdated T2 light vehicles got crushed by his T3 heavy immobile gun too! Outrageous!

For my part i am quite happy when the schwer is in the open because i have a chance to go for the throat. On the contrary i am sad when it is hidden in the base as it is out of range from my holy wrath and the game is going to be long.

Kozo.
21 Jan 2016, 10:58 AM

Banned
AA should be an upgrade. It should not just come with the truck. I think it's in the balance mod of Miragefla and I totally agree with it.
21 Jan 2016, 11:17 AM

"For my part i am quite happy when the schwer is in the open because i have a chance to go for the throat."

You'll still be able to, happy in the knowledge that the Axis player has had to spend a few resources on it first...
21 Jan 2016, 11:20 AM

Every time my OKW teammate puts their Schwerer in the open, it's a total failure by them. It's best put in a position that forces enemies to attack it from one, or maximum two directions.
21 Jan 2016, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 10:34 AMKozokus

+1

A schwer out of the base is a sitting duck asking to eat a well deserved 200 munition strike and send back the OKW out of the ring.
Or any medium tank
Or rocket artillery
Or mortar grind

Boo-hoo, i can't counter an anti-infantery immobile gun-plateform with infantry! unbalanced!
Oh no! My outdated T2 light vehicles got crushed by his T3 heavy immobile gun too! Outrageous!

For my part i am quite happy when the schwer is in the open because i have a chance to go for the throat. On the contrary i am sad when it is hidden in the base as it is out of range from my holy wrath and the game is going to be long.

Kozo.

I think you should play more and post less.

a 200 munition will not destroy it. it has 1920 HP.
off map strikes require vision. who are you going to scout? a tank? that's late game. infantry? they'll get slaughtered just for that off map strike that costs 200 munitions and 8-10 CP.
send a recon plane? well it's AA.. it'll shoot down your recon plane by itself.

attack ground AT gun and mortar doesn't guarantee a hit.
rocket artillery is saved to be used on a shrek blob... not to be wasted on a building unless it's a finisher.

It also penetrates tanks if you don't know and can sight for itself. It is extremely effective at denying an area.

Not only does it do damage, it suppresses as well.
People tend to now compare the bofors to this but it's not the same. bofors does not suppress and does not penetrate medium armor and above.

If there are to be nerfs, i'd rather have sight reduced, remove the AA functionality, and/or remove suppression
21 Jan 2016, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 21:44 PMAlphrum
The Schwerer is a risk/reward building is it not if you place it outside your base, its a crucial part of okw teching which contains some of their best units which will be lost if destroyed aswell as costing 120 fuel.

Some saying it should be removed or side teched because of fuel income to 100%, well all OKW vehicles received an increase in fuel because of it, it costs 200 fuel for a bloody panther now lol.

Some people saying OKW supposed to be small elite army? well yeah until obers, volks KT etc all got nerfed so no that point aint no longer valid.
And finally, if Schwerer is bad then surley the bofors is worse......costing considerably less fuel, wipes infantry so much more better aswell as being able to brace and fire long distance shots with its ability but na lets nerf Schwerer becuase german OP, allies won ww2 we musszz nerf all axis.

This game aims to balance at least 1v1's i assume and currently win rates of all 3 allied factions are higher than axis in 1v1. NOT saying allies are OP but no need to nerf a crucial play style of OKW.

You forgot to mention it costs 0 pop cap, does not require an engineer unit to construct (kinda of a big deal), offers free bonuses at the cost of the same upgrade to other factions, spots for itself, and even if placed in your base still gets to shoot down Allied planes.

Think about it this way, why don't other factions get a risk/reward tech structure they can place anywhere on the map?

OKW vehicles received a fuel cost increase because they are better than their Wehr counterparts. As a result they cost more.

Schwer maybe a crucial unit right now but I hope upcoming balance changes give OKW ability to play well at lower levels while still allowing it to scale properly at higher game modes. Schwer is a huge offender in this category, scaling incredibly unfairly as the game mode increases.
21 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 10:34 AMKozokus

+1

Or any medium tank
Or rocket artillery
Or mortar grind

Kozo.

What a rubbish.

• Tell what is this 200 ammo mid-game ability? Becasue when gam reaches 12CPs+ Schwerer is not taht big problem any more because you have late-game tools to fight it. the only late game off map strike for SU is IL-2 but it won't kill full health schwerer + there is only one doctrine with recon and IL-2.
  • How do you attack groun when Schwerer is behind shot blocker? Your enemy must be brain dead to let you shoot ground attack for over a minute.
  • Funny fact. Medium tank like T34/76 can lose to schwerer.
  • Rocket arty? Tell me, how many barrages you need to kill it with katyusha.
  • Mortars? Sure, but again, you must keep your entrire army covering these mortars.

So in the end you must put a huge effort to kill Schwerer which is not UNIT, it is BUILDING.
    Plus is shoots down planes, self spot, fight medium tanks, does not eat pop cap and completly denies most important CoH2 feature - capping. Just put it next to fuel and your enemy no longer can send 1-2 squads to cap undefended part of the map.
21 Jan 2016, 19:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Remove USF free upgraded infantry then please. Flak HQ will never be built outside of base if you have to pay more than the 300mp 120 fuel for it currently.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★