Login

russian armor

OKW stuka is OP - Nerf?

21 Jan 2016, 10:21 AM

Katy is a great example of "Hey great, the opponent got a Katy, I just got closer to winning this game.".

It's pathetic, and laughable. I am actually glad when SOV goes Katy and foregoes IS2/85s/SU76spam. Triple SU76s bombardment on my MedTruck is incredible effective..
21 Jan 2016, 10:27 AM

Katy is a great example of "Hey great, the opponent got a Katy, I just got closer to winning this game.".

It's pathetic, and laughable. I am actually glad when SOV goes Katy and foregoes IS2/85s/SU76spam.

a. Katy is fine, i use them most every sov game i play to great effect.
b. going katy certainly doesn't forego is2/85's/su-76, but my prefered strat involves katy, su-76/85 and ISU-152.
c.Stuka is also fine, it's actually the most easy to dodge rocket arty ingame.
21 Jan 2016, 10:30 AM

It might be overperforming vs. Soviets very slightly but then that's only because support weapon spam is the meta. Against the Americans and the British, it's fine. Maybe could be less effective against buildings, but that's about it.

Anyways, there isn't enough of an issue here to warrant any changes right now. There are more pressing issues.
21 Jan 2016, 10:34 AM

"Katys are fine if supported by su76/85s and ISU152"

By that time you roll out enough Katys and SUs, I have had enough fuel and manpower to win the game.

SU85s are another example of "hey, opponent SOV went 85s, I get even closer to victory."

Really, the only good Rocket Arty out there are CalliOPS, Stuka and Pwerfer. I'd rather see a buff to other USF doctorines to help variety (more choice = less Callips), buff to Katy, and price decrease on Stuka and Pwerfer (I'm biased, and I'd love to see more of these).
21 Jan 2016, 10:44 AM

By that time you roll out enough Katys and SUs, I have had enough fuel and manpower to win the game.

Point to me, exactly where i said this.
Seeing as you will fail at that, don't twist my words to suit your flawed argument.

Secondly, i'dd like to see you try, really, 1vs1 or 2vs2 me, pick a mate and find me on steam.
I'll show you just how much fuel and manpower you have vs me and my mate's sov.

" SU85s are another example of "hey, SOV went 85s, I get even closer to victory."

Really, the only good Rocket Arty out there are CalliOPS, Stuka and Pwerfer. I'd rather see a buff to other USF doctorines to help variety (more choice = less Callips), buff to Katy, and price decrease on Stuka and Pwerfer (I'm biased, and I'd love to see more of these).

You must have missed A55BAG vs Jesulin, the su-85 there was used to great effect.

As for your last paragraph, i can only assume you are trolling.
21 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

Gosh, I point out my thoughts to an interesting discussion, and what I get as a response is an accusation of me being a troll, and yet another "lol, I can beat you anytime with my mate in the backyard to prove my point" college type reply. Well played! *slowclap*

USFs relies on Callips as there's no other commanders to choose from atm. Buff other commanders, get less callips. I did prefer to face RifleFlamerBlobs over CallipBlobs - at least, RifleFlamerBlobs died to Stuka..
21 Jan 2016, 10:49 AM

Banned

I truly hope that you are joking.

Lol dude. I'm mainly an allies player and I seriously think it's no problem in 1v1.
Maybe in 2v2 and up but 1v1 is super fine.
21 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM

Gosh, I point out my thoughts to an interesting discussion, and what I get as a response is an accusation of me being a troll, and yet another "lol, I can beat you anytime with my mate in the backyard to prove my point" college type reply. Well played! *slowclap*

USFs relies on Callips as there's no other commanders to choose from atm. Buff other commanders, get less callips. I did prefer to face RifleFlamerBlobs over CallipBlobs - at least, RifleFlamerBlobs died to Stuka..

Thank you for proving my assumption was correct.

Have a day.
21 Jan 2016, 11:04 AM

Is a "self-boosting own's ego through personal insult of other members attempt" of any relevance to the topic? Nope.
21 Jan 2016, 11:28 AM

SU85s are another example of "hey, opponent SOV went 85s, I get even closer to victory."

Here I can only think that you're a 10k 4v4 hero

But in 1v1 katyusha might be a high risk investment IF you go for it before getting tanks out, but in 2v2 you can safely go for a Katyusha first depending on the map and amount of mines you have on the flanks so there wont be tanks/inf coming around the flanks to destroy them

"SU85s are another example of "hey, opponent SOV went 85s, I get even closer to victory.""

This is just saying that you've never used the SU85 or ever seen anyone use them to a great effect, i've had games where double Su85s have destroyed KTs, Tigers, Panther etcetc and had Katyushas to deal with the infantry that tries to deal with the Su85s

21 Jan 2016, 11:30 AM

So, suddenly I am a 4on4 10k hero because I play OKW and I support a Katy buff to better levels? Rrrrrright.

I laugh at SOVs and SU85s not being remotely as great as their Axis counterpart. You can't seriously defend that SU85s are great. Their pen values are not even remotely close to what a tank destroyer should have. Katys require tons of other units to be remotely useful, even you underline it. Stukas work great on their own.
21 Jan 2016, 11:37 AM

Su85 and Katyusha are fine, Axis counterparts are a little stronger so no need for changes there, we don't want to power creep, well microed Su85 with some vet is going to change the game, same goes for all of the other tank destroyers

Think if Lelic buffed Pumas anti inf to AECs level because the puma isn't that good? That wouldn't be good, if a unit is too strong, don't buff the counterparts, just nerf the units that are overpreforming, simple
21 Jan 2016, 11:41 AM

Puma got a different role to AEC. Additionally, AEC = no BOFORS (hooray!)

SOV T4 with dedicated roles such as Rocket Arty or AT should behave like T4 late game units, and not like some mid game stuff. Meanwhile, Stuka feel right to me, and it definitely borderline OP if used correctly. Clear defined role, clear defined impact on the field, clear defined use, not too much affected by RNG. No need for nerfs.

Obviously things with veterancy are better. Do not forget that the enemy will have veterancy too. SU85 having great veterancy doesn't save it.

So, yeah, I voted no. Stuka is not OP, it's KAT that needs a buff.
21 Jan 2016, 11:52 AM

The Double Standards in this thread is strong.
21 Jan 2016, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 07:44 AMd0ggY
"i hear a stuka, let's just walk a bit forward" -dodged

Doing ^this^ since WFA release.
Got caught only a few times by smart opponents who were actually paying attention to dodging move pattern.
21 Jan 2016, 14:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Doing ^this^ since WFA release.
Got caught only a few times by smart opponents who were actually paying attention to dodging move pattern.

Or when you are on a map where there is no place to run (Troispoint/Ettelbruck). Stuka is meant for support weapons and predictable retreat paths.
21 Jan 2016, 15:28 PM

That thing is ridiculous
Pinpoint accurate
Durable
Huge damage

That thing needs nerfs,the only people defending it are those who never faced much/at all or those 1vs1 heroes who have learned and predicted where the thing is going to land and dodge it

This unit needs scatter and/or a durability nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS