Login

russian armor

Alternative War Spoils

8 Jan 2016, 15:16 PM

War Spoils was created as a way to keep players coming back, and keeping them excited to do so. It's execution however has made it little more then a gimmick, offering at best a nifty commander which you could buy with money anyway, or at worst redundant or useless bulletins (or commanders).

A lot of the issue with War Spoils (in my opinion) is the fact that drops are random. You have players who don't have money to spend on commanders not getting a single one, and you have players who purchased them all getting second third fourth or even fifth copies of them.

I propose bulletins, commanders, skins and such be purchasable via an in game currency-this could for example be called " Time Credits™ " . Similar to how it is now, time spent playing games would accrue this currency which could then be used to purchase bulletins or commanders or skins of your choice.

Old or outdated bulletins/skins/commanders etc. could be sold back for less then their store worth for those who have stacks of garbage (I have 6 stug construction bulletins).

Naturally rare or powerful bulletins, and commanders would be worth substantially more then a common skin for example.

Time spent playing in ladder would generate substantially more (factor of 3 or 4) then custom games or AI matches.

Additionally the first match or two every day would impart a bonus amount of "Time Credits" thus enticing players to login on a day to day basis.

Yes this largely inspired by Gaijin's Warthunder and Wargamming's "World of ___" but they are both successful models, and I see no reason why Relic couldn't do something similar. I know they have the capability.
8 Jan 2016, 18:26 PM

I only own UKF and keep getting nothing but Axis or American bulletins.

Surely you should only get bulletins for the faction you are playing?

But yeah being able to trade them would be awesome.
8 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

Wow, you play only UKF? I admire your perseverance.
8 Jan 2016, 20:13 PM

I don't win much it has to be said....

37 games, 11 wins. Think 2 of those were drops.

I did reach the dizzying heights of level 4, back to 1 now though.
9 Jan 2016, 06:37 AM

Yeah, it should have worked like that, but doesn't. Makes it a lot less painful when you're at least getting stuff you can use and even minor control of the drop tables would be nice.
9 Jan 2016, 07:56 AM

Yes this largely inspired by Gaijin's Warthunder and Wargamming's "World of ___" but they are both successful models, and I see no reason why Relic couldn't do something similar. I know they have the capability.

Yes and this would make REALLY interesting walled warriors. Example couple of years ago there was buyable T-57 tank in WOT they could not "nerf" it because people would sue them in certain countries as it would not deliver what was promised to buyers. So they could not make it in line with its tier.

Now we would have say buyable "Manhattan doctrine" for USF that would be totally OP What would be relics possibilities if i would be buyable only?
9 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM

Warspoils is the biggest joke of this game with no fix in site. They need to make it back to the old days
9 Jan 2016, 10:19 AM

War spoils is a huge bane in this game.

The game will never go anywhere with its rewarding system that frustrates us players every time you receive a duplicate of the same item (more than three times) and a commander you already have.

The war spoils system is suppose to reward the player for playing the game however instead, is agonizingly painful to a point were I wish this idea of bulletins was scrapped and commanders were rewarded through some form of commendations which you yourself can strive to achieve.

I like the idea of time credits (and more rewarded for campaign and theater of war missions). I do also dont see why they cant lock bulletins and commander duplicates to an amount and just allow any duplicates over the locked amount to be re-shuffled till they full into a spot where they havnt capped that amount (to prevent people from people from re-shuffling to get the best bulletins-commander).

If not that, at-lease make a number of hours were you are guaranteed a uncommon and rare bulletin or commander. In this current state (which I understand has been since launch- I can hardly believe people put up with this) if this game ever gets big, so will the hate of this system which would fall to Relic.
9 Jan 2016, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 07:56 AMJespe

Yes and this would make REALLY interesting walled warriors. Example couple of years ago there was buyable T-57 tank in WOT they could not "nerf" it because people would sue them in certain countries as it would not deliver what was promised to buyers. So they could not make it in line with its tier.

Now we would have say buyable "Manhattan doctrine" for USF that would be totally OP What would be relics possibilities if i would be buyable only?

Huh, did I say that anything in this system could be purchased with money? If I did, I did not mean to say It-apart from things you can already purchase. This idea is meant to tweak the way the current war spoils works to take out the random factor and make playing daily more rewarding. I do not believe I even implied a cashwall.
9 Jan 2016, 11:24 AM

Huh, did I say that anything in this system could be purchased with money?

you did not say the opposite also.
9 Jan 2016, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2016, 11:24 AMJespe

you did not say the opposite also.

That is nonsensical logic. Just because I did not explicitly exclude something does not mean I meant to include it. Else you could then assume that I also implied relic would be giving away free candy bars or removing the 1v1 game mode or any number of infinite and silly possibilities.
9 Jan 2016, 20:11 PM

That is nonsensical logic. Just because I did not explicitly exclude something does not mean I meant to include it. Else you could then assume that I also implied relic would be giving away free candy bars or removing the 1v1 game mode or any number of infinite and silly possibilities.

Higher mathematics... You would not understand....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 25
France 19
Netherlands 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L