Login

russian armor

Blob counter for Brits?

7 Jan 2016, 22:47 PM

I noticed that Brits struggle very much agasint OKW blobs in teamgames.

Every faction has something to counter enemy's blob by arty or by very good and const AI vehicles.

OST: PzWefer, Tiger, Tiger Ace, Brummbar, even LeFH.
SU: Katyusha, IS2, ISU152, KV2, KV8, demos
OKW: Sturmtiger, KT, Stuka, Schwerer ( :snfPeter: ), legis, goliath
USF: Priest, Calliope, Pack howies, HE Sherman, Scott, Pershing, Bulldozer, demos.
Brits: shit Sexton, immobile mortars, no tank with potential of Tigers or ISU. The only thing which comes to my mind is AVRE but it's very situational. There is also Croc but it's not like arty or vehicles with big AoE, it's working on a different level.

Firefly - great AT.
Comet - Good generalist but it's not like Tigers in terms of AI.
Churchill - sponge.
Non doc arty? :brad:
Doc arty? :romeoPls:

There is no unit which can punish blobs by wiping them like arty or keep bleeding them like Tigers, ISU, KVs, Pershing etc.
7 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM

Comets with the vet1 WP rounds is best blob counter ever. Also AVRE. Commandos > Demo's. Thats a bout it I guess :D
7 Jan 2016, 23:06 PM

gl getting to comet while getting outcapped because his blob makes your units retreat
7 Jan 2016, 23:17 PM

Well, point is, when I see blob after blob in waves I just pick Katy, PzWerfer, stuka, any piece of arty or I just get heavy tank with huge AoE to kite blobs.

But when I face blobs as UKF I'm confused because tiers don't offer me any hard counters against huge blobs. Even doctrinal choices are not that good.
7 Jan 2016, 23:23 PM

Cromwell Crush is the blob counter you need!

Churchill/comet nades do pretty good but are more risky and a bit buggy.
7 Jan 2016, 23:25 PM

Brits MG is pretty good especially when garrison
7 Jan 2016, 23:33 PM

Volk blob is not an issue for UKF, at least for me.
Early, 2 mgs are enough to keep volk blob at bay.
At midgame, Centaur can kite and destroy blob quickly, or force them to retreat.
At late, you might want churchill, and its lolnade that blast volk blob to oblivious.
8 Jan 2016, 02:11 AM

Yeah what Kite said. Two Vickers will quickly suppress the blob of doom and you use centaur to wipe the floor with them. Once you get the vet 1 ability on centaur *poofs* goes the blob. Most effective non doctrine counter against blobs for Brits I find
8 Jan 2016, 02:17 AM

There is none, in all honesty the people saying you should use a centuar or AVRE are probably below your skill level. Centuar is way too slow and has paper armour = pak/volk bait

AVRE lacks the range of the (cheaper and superior) sturmtiger and is pretty much a joke in comparison.

Vickers really lacks suppression for blobs and is often gunned down frontally by LMG grens and obers.

My advice is to spam cromwells and (DLC) artillery cover which is the only way to win as brits atm.
8 Jan 2016, 02:22 AM

Well that's easy, use your USAF or SOV fellow kappa
8 Jan 2016, 02:26 AM

wait for the land mattress MingLee British Nebelwerfer to the rescue MingLee
8 Jan 2016, 02:43 AM

L2P.

He's asking how to play better?

It's not like he's saying "Brits suck vs blobs! WAH!"

8 Jan 2016, 03:06 AM

I noticed that Brits struggle very much agasint OKW blobs in teamgames.

Every faction has something to counter enemy's blob by arty or by very good and const AI vehicles.

OST: PzWefer, Tiger, Tiger Ace, Brummbar, even LeFH.
SU: Katyusha, IS2, ISU152, KV2, KV8, demos
OKW: Sturmtiger, KT, Stuka, Schwerer ( :snfPeter: ), legis, goliath
USF: Priest, Calliope, Pack howies, HE Sherman, Scott, Pershing, Bulldozer, demos.
Brits: shit Sexton, immobile mortars, no tank with potential of Tigers or ISU. The only thing which comes to my mind is AVRE but it's very situational. There is also Croc but it's not like arty or vehicles with big AoE, it's working on a different level.

Firefly - great AT.
Comet - Good generalist but it's not like Tigers in terms of AI.
Churchill - sponge.
Non doc arty? :brad:
Doc arty? :romeoPls:

There is no unit which can punish blobs by wiping them like arty or keep bleeding them like Tigers, ISU, KVs, Pershing etc.

get a Cromwell and road kill them sons of B*&$H's, thats how I counter blobs now.
8 Jan 2016, 03:49 AM

Learn to blob mate. All allies are doing it. Company of Blobs.
8 Jan 2016, 03:56 AM

chucrchill crocodile :D
8 Jan 2016, 03:57 AM

He's asking how to play better?

It's not like he's saying "Brits suck vs blobs! WAH!"

Because from his ingame performance and his ingame whining, he sucks.
L2P is the best answer.

He talks like Artillery cover never exist, Comet WP round never exist, AVRE/Croc never exist, Commandos never exist, M6 OP mines never exist, Demo never exist. It is a whining thread.

Posting less trash on forum and actually watch how good players play and learn, is the best way of L2P.

really?
why do you cry then?
http://www.coh2.org/replay/46127/porygon-suiking-vs-bg/page/1#post_id458975
clearly your L2P issue lol

Posting/quoting "Pride thread" that not won by yourself, sounds like an idiot to me.
I did lost to noobs because I played badly, and yes, sure a L2P issues, I did underestimated the buffed Volks, but at least I learn from mistake and keeping the ladder position inspite I played only few times per week.
8 Jan 2016, 05:47 AM

I think we can thank Porygon for his huge input in this thread, which is not "how to kill blob as brits" but what are brits options.
We really humbly thank you for your effort, you have fullfilled your destiny and now you can look for happiness in different thread.
____
On topic.
Double vickers can stop blob but it's not about stopping but heavy punishing.
Crushing with Cromwell shouldn't be your best option.
AVRE is pure pudding when compare to Sturmtiger.
Croc is powerful but it's not insta wipe.
Centaur, lol.

Again, Brits don't have any mobile arty to wipe blob in a second (all factions have).
They don't have vehicles with huge AoE (all factions have). No mobile indirect fire etc etc.

Of course there are tools but there are not any heavy hard counters. All factions have wide choice when it comes to safe and hard blob counters with exception of Brits.
8 Jan 2016, 05:59 AM

Same as usf no non doctrinal arty makes for some really garbage balancing.

In my opinion the only thing brits can do now is stall until late game and win through quality units. MG and sniper will have to suffice until crom/centaur.

But anyway aren't brits getting land mattress sooner or later?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight