Login

russian armor

My Tuning Pack Doesn't Affect The Game

7 Jan 2016, 07:19 AM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and love it really. I am very excited to start modding. I've done modding in other games before. So I'm learning now.

Thank you for all the beautiful tutorials and guides.

I have a problem with my tuning pack. I did all of the insturctions at this "Getting Started Guide" written by Janne252. I see my tuning pack in the lobby options and I can select it too. But when the game starts the tuning pack doesn't affect my game. Sturmpioneers still 4 people. I followed the guide at least 3 times. Can you help me at this situation? I have fresh ideas to work on. :)

Thank you. Have a good day.

Edit: I also uploaded my mod files (hopefully) here.

Edit2: Finally realized that there are two folders that don't exist in the package i uploaded. What are these? (jagermod ıntermediate cache, jagermod Intermediate cache)

Edit3: Hours by hours I'm getting into the problem. Now I'm in the Archive Viewer. I downloaded another mod from workshop. I examined it. In my archive file (the mods .sga file) there is no attrib folder. So it doesn't change the game. But why?
7 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I downloaded your packaged mod and built it. It works. Try unpacking your compressed mod package to another directory and build it there. Based on the screenshot above your mod folder is messed up, as it has 2 cache folders. Make sure you'll be able to differentiate the 2 identically named mods from each other.
7 Jan 2016, 11:56 AM

Thank you for your answer. I'll try and report immediately.
7 Jan 2016, 12:46 PM

I downloaded your packaged mod and built it. It works. Try unpacking your compressed mod package to another directory and build it there. Based on the screenshot above your mod folder is messed up, as it has 2 cache folders. Make sure you'll be able to differentiate the 2 identically named mods from each other.

I extracted my package to a different folder. I even removed the tools and re-downloaded it from Steam. But it's still the same. It built the mod without the attrib folder in the .sga file.

Rebuilding jagermod.mod...
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\attrib.xml" --burn_path "C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"
Copying C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\locale\english\english.ucs...
Writing C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\info\c567acdefe7e4b0a9fd274f89c7ce1db.info...
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Archive.exe -c "C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod Intermediate Cache\ArchiveDefinition.txt" -a "C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod.sga" -r "C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files"
Copied C:\Users\FEHU\Desktop\jagermod\jagermod.sga to C:\Users\FEHU\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\tuning.
Rebuilt jagermod.mod.

This is the output I receive.
7 Jan 2016, 16:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Check your warnings.log, located in Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2. There might be errors related to loading your mod there.
7 Jan 2016, 16:22 PM

Check your warnings.log, located in Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2. There might be errors related to loading your mod there.

Hello eliw00d. This is what I get when I tried to play a custom match with my mod. I couldn't see any problems there. But take a look there.
7 Jan 2016, 16:51 PM

I finally solve the problem by myself. But it's a bit weird and complex. I'll write it down there I hope if someone getting crazy with this read it and it will help him a lot.

EDIT: I think I had that problem because my computers Language Pack. I'm using Turkish Language Pack. And we have "ı" letter. Maybe this brought the problem.

First of all follow the insturctions of the guide that created by Janne252 up to the build section.(there)

When you've done with your editing in attribute editor, press build. The mod will build two intermediate cache folders in your mod folder instead of one. This is the problem.

Then enter into the folder that has been written with lower case all letters. "modname ıntermediate cache" will be its name. Then copy the "attrib" folder there. And go into the "modname Intermediate Cache" folder. Be careful this folder has "(I)ntermediate (C)ache" two capital letters. Then go into "Intermediate Files" and you'll see an attrib folder here. Paste the attrib folder that you've copied to there. It'll ask you something say Paste&Change.

Then remove the lower cased folder.

Finally go into the mod builder tool. Press "Build". NOT REBUILD. This is important. Mod builder will see the files correctly and will write your .sga file proper.

If you want you can control your .sga file in mod builder. Press "Tools" on the headbar. And there is "Archive Viewer". Go into your "Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/mods/tuning/" the .sga file must be here.

Thanks for trying to help guys! Topic is closed.
7 Jan 2016, 16:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Can you post screenshots of your mod folder, or upload it to DropBox?
7 Jan 2016, 17:04 PM

7 Jan 2016, 21:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ah, yes. This was a problem for someone else previously, using the Turkish language pack. It is probably best to bring it up to Relic so they can address it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★