Login

russian armor

please fix the Maxim,Dshka and .50cal drop on retreat

Is this worth the man hours to fix/change?
Option Distribution Votes
86%
14%
Total votes: 106
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

The bug/intend bug where team MG's (not at guns) getting dropped on retreat and requiring them to be repack up is annoying an unnecessary. The mg34, Vikers, and the mg42 all get transferred to new crew members to continue the retreat leaving other factions to poor path finding and slow crew members/pack up time.

This is an oversight that has been needing a fix or a solid justification for over a year on the maxim and needs to be addressed. If this is supposed to be intended then we should normalize all retreat patterns on these weapon crews.

5 Jan 2016, 21:13 PM
Patrion 27

The key to this issue is all of these are allied units. Only Axis units are allowed to get fixes, buffs or stack their armor bulletins. :snfPeter:
5 Jan 2016, 21:25 PM

The key to this issue is all of these are allied units. Only Axis units are allowed to get fixes, buffs or stack their armor bulletins. :snfPeter:

Ah, yes. Winston Churchill, as we all know, was secretly a nazi. Britain? Axis powers. Of course they are!
5 Jan 2016, 21:36 PM

+1000 This bug is terrible - even more so after OKW got Incendiary Grenades where now you have to insta-retreat lest the gunner burst into flames and everyone else has to dive back into the inferno to rescue the HMG. It just promotes YOLO blobbing into HMGs because you know you have a good shot to wipe them on retreat.

PS You should really fix the Poll to "No - You probable Axis Fanboy you"
5 Jan 2016, 21:38 PM
Patrion 27

+1000 This bug is terrible - even more so after OKW got Incendiary Grenades where now you have to insta-retreat lest the gunner burst into flames and everyone else has to dive back into the inferno to rescue the HMG. It just promotes YOLO blobbing into HMGs because you know you have a good shot to wipe them on retreat.

PS You should really fix the Poll to "No - You probable Axis Fanboy you"

Not to mention stun grenades completely borking all set up teams.
5 Jan 2016, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

Who the hell voted no? I wanna smack em
5 Jan 2016, 22:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

At the very least the .50cal needs it because it only has 4 men. I could see people arguing that the 6 man maxim and Dshk offset it but the .50cal doesn't have that luxury.
5 Jan 2016, 23:16 PM

They should have just programmed them to use the same type of animations as the MG42.

Honestly not much that can be done about it now. I'd imagine it would take more manpower then Relic can give to something that isn't going to actually make a money.
6 Jan 2016, 01:13 AM

I always figured this "feature" was intended because of the relatively fast pack-up time of these particular MGs. Most of the time, it doesn't much bother me (with the Soviet HMGs, anyway), but every so often, the game will seemingly glitch out with one of the crew members standing in place for far too long before continuing the retreat, which nearly always results in the unit getting wiped. I doubt that will get fixed, so it probably is for the better that the HMG42-style retreat be used for all HMG units.
6 Jan 2016, 01:15 AM

pretty sure its a feature, otherwise youd be seeing a floating mg retreat, why would they add the animation, although I agree its kinda silly.
6 Jan 2016, 15:57 PM

I really want to hear the justification from those who voted no.
6 Jan 2016, 16:05 PM
Donator 33

The feature because floating MG's would look funny argument is abit unfounded. The Maxim and the DSHKA force a crew member to pick up the mg, if a model is killed during the tear down animation another must complete it entirely before retreating. Whereas the mg 42 after the tear down time can teleport to a surviving member even if the last member operating the gun was killed before the tear down animation was complete.
6 Jan 2016, 16:08 PM

I hate losing 5-man maxims to gunner kill loops. RNG for RNG God.
6 Jan 2016, 16:27 PM

I hate losing 5-man maxims to gunner kill loops. RNG for RNG God.

Hmmm sounds like a l2p issue.
6 Jan 2016, 16:29 PM

According to Relic its intended. Because of the fast pack/unpack speed of the maxim/duska. I believe that this is a stupid argument.
6 Jan 2016, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 16:27 PMGdot
Hmmm sounds like a l2p issue.

Aaaand you know what to do.
6 Jan 2016, 16:46 PM

According to Relic its intended. Because of the fast pack/unpack speed of the maxim/duska. I believe that this is a stupid argument.

I thought that pack/unpack speed has disadvanatage in small arc of fire :P
6 Jan 2016, 16:52 PM

Yes, we need this bug fixed! I find it SO frustrating that incendiary grenade can wipe out 6 man maxim because of this bug. one model after another gets killed as they try to pick up the gun and all get burned.

MGs and Vickers all do not share this problem at all.

This thread should be in bugs section so Relic can take note of this!
6 Jan 2016, 16:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Pls relic fix it.
6 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM
Donator 33

Fast unpack and pack time is balanced out by the narrow arc of fire, so giving it the death loop on retreat aswell is pretty hilarious. Something could be tweaked surely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 786
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak