Login

russian armor

Whats the best vehicle to give command to?

5 Jan 2016, 02:26 AM

In my last game i tried using a commander with the command vehicle option. I gave it to the AVRE but the thing moved to slow because its now the command vehicle. The expensive AVRE was near useless unless enemys walk up to it, even then i had to hope no enemys survived because it couldn't escape even infantry.

So what vehicle to you give command and why?
I'm now thinking the cromwell because its fast and has armour, but havn't tested
5 Jan 2016, 11:02 AM

The command vehicle itself has some serious nerfs, though I don't think the AVRE is affected other than speed. I've been using UCs, though I'm losing too many of them so looking for a better option or might just start using plain UC and save the munitions. Might try it on an AEC - replacing a chocolate fireguard with a fish with tits.

Most luck I've had is with a wasp, just using it to support PAks and for the free recon. Doesn't enter the fray very often but very effective when it does. Seems to free up the infantry a bit.

With the command vehicle I'm finding AECs quite.... useful. Main gun is reasonable with a command vehicle close and seems to become a bit of a monster if you can vet them up (good luck with that one). Without the command vehicle close though they are trash. Even had single Volks squad knocked them out.

Not sure whether the Croc's main weapon is the flamethrower or the main gun. If it's the flamer then it's probably an ideal candidate as the nerfs only affect main armament.

5 Jan 2016, 11:43 AM

UC for extra cheap recon flight

AVRE if you want to buff other vehicles and you dont mind it is slow as snail.

Or then give it to one of cromwells if you have big cromwell / commette gruppe
5 Jan 2016, 12:02 PM

It's OK on anything but an AEC.

UC is the best if you want to abuse perma recon.
5 Jan 2016, 13:26 PM

Why not the AEC?

Haven't tried it yet on an AEC but tempted. Anything that lives a bit longer than a UC would be nice.
WHO
5 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

The AEC is considered a pretty heavy fuel and MP investment for very little return. I think the idea is that you shouldn't be building an AEC to begin with. Also, it nerfs the hell out of whatever vehicle you put it on, so if you put it on a high value vehicle, you're effectively nerfing that vehicle.
5 Jan 2016, 15:16 PM
Patrion 14

Has anyone tried using a "lend lease" ambulance or an m20 from a US player? I feel those would be the best command vehicles if they work.
5 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

AEC wouldn't work for me anyway because i use the bof emplacements (what ever they are called). UC seemed to work ok last game. Do they buff the vehicles around them the same, no matter what vehicle is the command tank?. and do they only buff vehicles? Also i wish they just gave us a command vehicle and we didn't get to choose. Sorry new to the brits
5 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM

All vehicles around the command vehicle get buffed and I could swear that infantry do too.

I think the buff affects rifles more than Brens but could be wrong.
5 Jan 2016, 16:23 PM

Has anyone tried using a "lend lease" ambulance or an m20 from a US player? I feel those would be the best command vehicles if they work.

That's a really good idea, I'll try it when I play some 2s this weekend
5 Jan 2016, 16:28 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

My gruppe and I are into switching out 'murican vehicles for more versatility. I have only tried it on the jeep so far. Not really sure why, it seems just as good as a utility car. I feel like that way of using a utility car would actualise its full utility. You would have zooks AND the standard weapon and still have a late game application.
5 Jan 2016, 18:58 PM

From my experience, there are only 3 real candidates for a command vehicle

1) Bren Carrier

2) AEC

3) Cromwell

Having said that, I end up using all three vehicles, depending on my opponents' abilities

5 Jan 2016, 20:00 PM

Hmmm... The guide for command vehicle was out of date apparently. It only gives +10% accuracy, and a free recon plane I guess.

Might try it with lots of infantry but very much doubt this is anywhere near worth it. I guess if you are being hit by arty then knowing where it is would help but the nerf to the vehicle is huge so probably just a junk expensive ability.
5 Jan 2016, 20:18 PM

Hmmm... The guide for command vehicle was out of date apparently. It only gives +10% accuracy, and a free recon plane I guess.

Might try it with lots of infantry but very much doubt this is anywhere near worth it. I guess if you are being hit by arty then knowing where it is would help but the nerf to the vehicle is huge so probably just a junk expensive ability.

I had a feeling that Vickers/Tommies were weak post-OKW patch, but I thought it might have just been the over-buffed Pwerfer.

I just read that same thread you were referencing. A +10% accuracy buff is completely useless, when compared to what you sacrifice to get this.

Just completely disregard what I said in the previous thread and only use the ability on the Universal Carrier (until the nerf gets reverted)

The free recon ability, though, is still great, and it is still worth the price (provided you never lose your vehicle):

5 Jan 2016, 20:32 PM

I'm gutted to be honest.

Could have just found out for myself that it was crap but instead read the forums and guides, noted that the accuracy buffs should stack with vet buffs, figured out which vehicles got good accuracy and received vet buffs and then tried it in game.

Frankly that is about 15 games I've played throwing away my first 75 munitions on something which is only useful as a luxury in late game.

Guess my multi UC, multi AEC builds didn't just fail due to my poor gameplay. :)

The number of times a couple of PIATs could have saved me...

Oooooh I could crush a grape!
6 Jan 2016, 01:56 AM

Hmmm... Sherlock has done some digging around and reckons the bonusses are still in there...

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39662/designate-command-tank-ability/page/3

Which could well mean I was using a powerful force multiplier and still losing horribly. This rings true on many levels. :D

Worth a test me thinks....

Am I wrong in thinking that a cooldown and accuracy bonus is going to have a greater effect on Lee Enfields than Brens? Logic being the Lee Enfields cool down instantly after a shot, whereas a Bren fires a burst of a couple of seconds, hence uses the cooldown and reload modifiers more often?

Also accuracy is higher, so a % increase of a high value gives a bigger difference in DPS, though not necessarily higher DPS.

5 IS sections with a UC command vehicle did seem to be quite effective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
unknown 24
United Kingdom 261
United States 10
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W