Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2: War Paint contest

4 Jan 2016, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

Comrades, we have been tasked with assisting our valiant soldiers to camouflage their vehicles! Now is the time to get a FREE copy of Company of Heroes 2 and use it to create some amazing vehicle skins for the highest rated World War II RTS Franchise of all time. This is a 3D texturing contest for the Steam Workshop of Company of Heroes 2; creating skins for the iconic vehicles of World War 2. It will run from January 2nd to January 22nd 2016. Winners will have their skins added to the game and be credited for their work. Skins will be eligible for use by players in auto match (online ranked play). Additionally, if the winning item is sold in the in-game store, you will receive a share of the revenue made from sales of the items.

Company of Heroes 2 uses Relic Entertainment’s Essence Engine 3. Its modding toolset and source art files are accessible via the STEAM client.

For this competition, winning items will be sold in the in-game store with 30% of profits paid directly to the creators of those items. The remaining revenue will be split as follows: 30% will be paid to Valve (Steam fixed revenue share), 20% of the revenue share will go towards the funding of the Company of Heroes 2 ESL Tournament Prize pool, and the remaining 20% will be paid to SEGA / Relic

http://polycount.com/discussion/162837/company-of-heroes-2-war-paint-contest?utm_source=coh2&utm_medium=in-game&utm_campaign=cloudui010416

to late Nigo :P
4 Jan 2016, 22:48 PM
Patrion 14

plz lolic no Pink Panther or Hello Kitty.

Here's to hoping they keep it semi- or quasi-historical. Almost all the skins ingame right now are fine, save for the blood skins. Those are borderline. I'm probably not alone in this sentiment. Other than that I wonder why they didn't do this earlier!
4 Jan 2016, 22:49 PM

Click on the link and read the full terms, almost doesn't seem worth the effort. Still some interesting categories that they have chosen.
4 Jan 2016, 22:52 PM
Patrion 14

I clicked and my heart sank. Horns and gold plates? Jewelry and Gigeresque, vaguely sexual alien forms? Oh god, no. Not in automatch. At least give the option to hide the obviously fanciful ones.
4 Jan 2016, 22:54 PM
Donator 22

No waifu theme?! I want dank memes and anime to my tanks :foreveralone:
4 Jan 2016, 23:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not sure I want diamond tanks with gold leaf in the game.
4 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Just play Minsk Pocket and photoshop the box which comes up in the middle...
4 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

Protip call-in Sturmtiger and box appears instantly :thumbsup:
4 Jan 2016, 23:18 PM

Protip call-in Sturmtiger and box appears instantly :thumbsup:

or you just open a vCoH map in the CoH2 worldbuilder

5 Jan 2016, 17:11 PM

WHY, RELIC?! WHY? Turn Coh2 into CS:GO is worst idea ever.
5 Jan 2016, 18:08 PM

I hope they stick to what they said here and allow them to be disabled:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/46478/mods-in-automatch-yes-yes-it-s-a-thing/post/460318

5 Jan 2016, 18:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 17:11 PMNebaka

I wouldn't care if it brings the same amount of people CS:GO has atm.
5 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM

If they do bring in pink, MLP, etc. at least give us a option to filter what we see. Like only historical, crazy, derpy, etc. And where is the hell are custom infantrymen uniforms!? Don't know why they give the soldiers different faces but keep all the outfits the exact same.
6 Jan 2016, 00:10 AM
Patrion 14

If they do bring in pink, MLP, etc. at least give us a option to filter what we see. Like only historical, crazy, derpy, etc. And where is the hell are custom infantrymen uniforms!? Don't know why they give the soldiers different faces but keep all the outfits the exact same.

I too want to get rid of that strange Grenadier field-modified camo clothing. There's a plethora of different camouflage patterns that the Wehrmacht used that could be included in-game to add variety. I would even pay for simple unified field gray outfits.

Relic, take my money already, dammit!
6 Jan 2016, 01:00 AM

If they do bring in pink, MLP, etc. at least give us a option to filter what we see. Like only historical, crazy, derpy, etc.

I can't imagine it would be very difficult to implement a tag filter. And given that it's a curated pathway, Relic would be able to moderate the tags.

It would be good to have something slightly better than "Allow custom content: yes/no", considering that historical is one of the categories in this competition.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 17:11 PMNebaka

That sounds like an emotional knee-jerk reaction. CS:GO has a very successful model, both competitively and financially.

I don't personally like the $2.50 key slot machine thing (it's like a trap for parents foolish enough to let their kids use their credit cards), but other than that COH2 could do a lot worse than adopt a lot of their methods:

• Reconnect ability
  • Overwatch (community vetted anti-cheat)
  • Ongoing community interest and financial viability through community created and selected content
  • Popular tournaments to maintain/increase community interest
  • Muting :p

And probably other stuff I can't think of right now.
6 Jan 2016, 09:30 AM

That sounds like an emotional knee-jerk reaction. CS:GO has a very successful model, both competitively and financially.

I'm not talking about the financial model, I mean flashy skins.
6 Jan 2016, 09:38 AM

They are making bad skins because they relised tiger ace looks so horribly and it should look best from all
6 Jan 2016, 09:41 AM

:brad: Every box tells a story :brad:

What I hate more hovewer are USA tanks. They tend to pursue axis ones and then not crush or stop on their wreck once the destoy them (they often go point blank to kill something bigger than p4 ) but they want to bug inside that wreck. That wreck is uncrushable for them so they bug and bug , and they will only rotate thier pitiful canon because wreck is everywhere and smoke is there too.

I call is krupp steel trap.
6 Jan 2016, 10:26 AM
Patrion 14

They better only show “The real stuff” Inspired by historical events of WWII in the automatch. I dont want to fight tanks with diamonds or golden leaves...
6 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

i dont understand why relic isnt just making (and selling) different infantry and base buldig skins

+ tank skins like with dirt, bullet holes or tank chains with rust.

i m pretty sure people would find that awesome
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight