Login

russian armor

Invincible OH sniper last tourney

4 Jan 2016, 23:05 PM

and the same goes for every other sniper (or generally high value target, while we're at it). not a problem of the sniper itself.

except for the british sniper.
4 Jan 2016, 23:06 PM

I agree with the above statement. While I think that snipers are a silly unit, just like the AVRE and Sturmtiger are silly units, I feel that the marksmans units(jaegers and pathfinders) are what the sniper units should have been.

With regard to balance of the snipers, the OST sniper is the most difficult to kill and the one with the best aim time, the best armor or received accuracy, or whatever makes the OST sniper so durable. I've seen an OST sniper being completely swarmed by riflemen while retreating and still surviving, while the UKF/SU sniper seldomly survives encounters with axis infantry. I have even tried chasing down the ost sniper with all of the dedicated light vehicle counters and the snipers still survive, while my light vehicle got fausted then killed, or outright being one-shottet by a raketen that the OST players teammate had build. Killing OST snipers out of positions is simply too difficult.

Could be axis inf excell at long range (except usf lmg?).
I think they have the same defensive stats on paper
4 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

except for the british sniper.

exactly. he can snare the light vehicle himself and/or kill it, especially with the help of an at gun.
4 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM
Patrion 14

Could be axis inf excell at long range (except usf lmg?).
I think they have the same defensive stats on paper

Both UKF and OST sniper are the same health/recieved accuracy wise at vet 0. UKF sniper gets tougher to kill as it vets while the ost sniper kills faster as it vets.

It's just lmg42 with 40%+ accuracy on grens usually kills single models out right so it's not surprising the UKF sniper dies really easily.
4 Jan 2016, 23:15 PM

exactly. he can snare the light vehicle himself and/or kill it, especially with the help of an at gun.

british sniper doesn't have snare by default. There's a difference between having a faust effectively by default and needing a vet 1 on a 360 mp unit for snare.

the incendiary shot on the ostheer sniper allow it to countersnipe the sov sniper consistently, as shown by Luvnest's game. Should the ability be considered default on the ostheer too?
4 Jan 2016, 23:16 PM

british sniper doesn't have snare by default. There's a difference between having a faust effectively by default and needing a vet 1 on a 360 mp unit for snare.

...or having a sniper that can outright kill light vehicles himself.
4 Jan 2016, 23:17 PM

...or having a sniper that can outright kill light vehicles himself.

40 damage per shot is nice but hardly powerful enough.
4 Jan 2016, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 12:07 PMaaa

again you saying things that are not specific. In final part was there a game when sov player faced a sniper and won it? I dont think there was single game. Majority of those games surely OH won without any counterplay.

Jesus Christ just look at the fucking brackets you retard. Sorry for my dirty language but he just seems so clueless and is trying to say things.

http://play.eslgaming.com/companyofheroes2/europe/coh2-tbf/major/go4coh2-europe/cup-1/rankings/

The bolded names indicate the winner. In the finals the highlighted bold name indicates winner.
4 Jan 2016, 23:41 PM

It does have the same HP as ost sniper.

What it doesn't have is the amazing RoF vet ost one does.
But looking at UKF ones vet, it almost seems like relic really wanted it to actually fight armor instead of being gimmicky crit shot unit.

It gets a beautiful received accuracy buff at vet 2 :D
aaa
5 Jan 2016, 01:33 AM

Jesus Christ just look at the fucking brackets you retard. Sorry for my dirty language but he just seems so clueless and is trying to say things.

http://play.eslgaming.com/companyofheroes2/europe/coh2-tbf/major/go4coh2-europe/cup-1/rankings/

The bolded names indicate the winner. In the finals the highlighted bold name indicates winner.

you call me retard and post picture that doesnt even show factions played . Who is retard then. Or you just make conclusions out of ass and post meaningless stuff as a prove? Lol
5 Jan 2016, 01:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 01:33 AMaaa

you call me retard and post picture that doesnt even show factions played . Who is retard then. Or you just make conclusions out of ass and post meaningless stuff as a prove? Lol

Alright Mr.Wise Guy then go find the brackets yourself or maybe you don't have that ability?
5 Jan 2016, 12:03 PM

Yes snipers are bad. But what is worse is ostheer sniper ability.

Remember , they removed soviet sniper ability for a reason (sprint)

Oshteer one can force squad so retreat with his ability , and what is worse it have 100% chance to kill retreating squads so bye bye last mode retreating to safety , incendiary round is ready for you
5 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

Yes snipers are bad. But what is worse is ostheer sniper ability.

Remember , they removed soviet sniper ability for a reason (sprint)

Oshteer one can force squad so retreat with his ability , and what is worse it have 100% chance to kill retreating squads so bye bye last mode retreating to safety , incendiary round is ready for you

Plus, ost sniper can still get sprint through doctrine :romeoPro:
5 Jan 2016, 12:15 PM

Plus, ost sniper can still get sprint through doctrine :romeoPro:

And why you need sprint from puddingy doctrine when you can have much better doctrine and still better vet 1 than sprint
5 Jan 2016, 12:26 PM

And why you need sprint from puddingy doctrine when you can have much better doctrine and still better vet 1 than sprint

Not saying he needs it.
Just saying he does have option that was deemed OP on its counterpart, because reasons.
aaa
10 Jan 2016, 17:56 PM

Right now lelic claims that batshitOP ostheer have 0,577 winrate. And soviets with all garbage and expensive units and tiers 0,74.
Since when they started to lie in that blatant way?
If theoreticaly their stats arent lie then its just a meaningless data. But its more likely to be lie.
10 Jan 2016, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 17:56 PMaaa
Right now lelic claims that batshitOP ostheer have 0,577 winrate. And soviets with all garbage and expensive units and tiers 0,74.
Since when they started to lie in that blatant way?
If theoreticaly their stats arent lie then its just a meaningless data. But its more likely to be lie.

To be fair, the stats vary quite a bit because the sample size is too small. I calculated how big the samplesize should be but I forgot about it, I think I'll post it later. If a bunch of people decide to play soviets only then they will win quite a bit more than the few ostheer players.

Do you really think Ostheer is 20% less capable than Soviets? I understand what you're saying but you shouldn't look into this too deeply. The charts website is a little bit flawed because it's only intervals of one week.
10 Jan 2016, 18:57 PM

This sniper is such a joke against ukf.
aaa
10 Jan 2016, 19:18 PM

However, Luvnest and Cruzz both attempted to use Ostheer snipers vs Barton's soviet sniper in the Semi and Quarter-finals and lost (neither german sniper survived their games, whereas the soviet sniper did).

It can just be lie. I cant believe it unless there is a replay. And sure there is no replay or any other objective prove
aaa
10 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

Usf is strong enough vs snipers cuz recently lelic released usf $ dlc-s. And to promote sales they buffed their early game quite a lot.
Their casters asks ,"to buy them a beer". Not yet a contributor? Lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS