Login

russian armor

Invincible OH sniper last tourney

aaa
4 Jan 2016, 09:30 AM

Who ever used that thing yesterday proved that there is no unit capable of killing it. Except some late game random expensive stuff like a plane or heavy tank shot.
No one was able to coutersnipe it with many attempts, or kill it by any other means.

This ability to move from cover to cover being cloaked and cloak at point blank range makes him too strong. 40+ kills every game and no way to kill it.
I dont remeber single game lost when axis player had a sniper! And in general they won almost everithing
Do smth with it.
4 Jan 2016, 09:56 AM

How about getting a unit that is able to uncloak it easily? Like a light vehicle?

Naaaaa your right. Just nerf it, would be too hard to actually use the units supposed to counter it...

After all it's a long range unit capable of moving from cover to cover so that it can pop up right next to your troops or behind your mgs. Like commandos and partisans.
4 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM

Balance issues aside. Does anyone actually have fun playing with or countering these bastards?
4 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned
How about getting a unit that is able to uncloak it easily? Like a light vehicle?

Naaaaa your right. Just nerf it, would be too hard to actually use the units supposed to counter it...

After all it's a long range unit capable of moving from cover to cover so that it can pop up right next to your troops or behind your mgs. Like commandos and partisans.

With the amount of snares around, a light vehicle against Ostheer sniper is pretty much useless in my opinion. One faust and you lost your light vehicle. To add insult to injury, the Ostheer sniper can get away with slithers of health while getting chased by light vehicles..
4 Jan 2016, 10:29 AM

With the amount of snares around, a light vehicle against Ostheer sniper is pretty much useless in my opinion. One faust and you lost your light vehicle. To add insult to injury, the Ostheer sniper can get away with slithers of health while getting chased by light vehicles..

and the same goes for every other sniper (or generally high value target, while we're at it). not a problem of the sniper itself.
4 Jan 2016, 11:22 AM

Permanently Banned

and the same goes for every other sniper (or generally high value target, while we're at it). not a problem of the sniper itself.

Yes of course, but the Ostheer sniper feels so more potent with everything. If you stack the 4% armor bulletins for the Ostheer sniper, it will not die..
4 Jan 2016, 11:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Am I not correct in saying that Barton used the soviet sniper first in every single allied match he played, and neither lost the sniper nor lost any allied games that he played? Surely that's a record that even the ostheer sniper couldn't match :P
4 Jan 2016, 11:44 AM

Partisans, anyone?
aaa
4 Jan 2016, 11:54 AM

Am I not correct in saying that Barton used the soviet sniper first in every single allied match he played, and neither lost the sniper nor lost any allied games that he played? Surely that's a record that even the ostheer sniper couldn't match :P

why he wasnt in the final then. Have no idea what he was facing. Maybe just no sniper from the opposing side.
4 Jan 2016, 11:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 11:54 AMaaa

why he wasnt in the final then. Have no idea what he was facing. Maybe just no sniper from the opposing side.

???

Barton took part in the finals, played ostheer, soviets, and OKW once each against Jesulin. He used the Ostheer sniper and lost in G1, and the Soviet sniper and won in G2.
4 Jan 2016, 11:59 AM

Given what he pulled off vs jesulin last night when he was OKW, well, thats more of Barton issue then any singular unit.

That being said, well played ost(and to a lesser point brit because of no AT snare and less covering infantry) are REALLY hard to kill with anything else then serious indirect fire.
And by well played I mean never on the frontline, never without cover and always soft retreating after taking a shot(except vs USF who can't countersnipe).

Not really a balance matter though, more the matter of actual skill and exceptional micro, which we can often see on tournaments.
aaa
4 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

???

Barton took part in the finals, played ostheer, soviets, and OKW once each against Jesulin. He used the Ostheer sniper and lost in G1, and the Soviet sniper and won in G2.

again you saying things that are not specific. In final part was there a game when sov player faced a sniper and won it? I dont think there was single game. Majority of those games surely OH won without any counterplay.
4 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM

Partisans, anyone?
all the time
Then again i do find that the OH sniper tends to get away with a sliver of health most of the time while my soviet/brit sniper eats it like its cool.

Then again this is also a problem I have with most OKW units and is just a view I have. (Im getting annoyed at overextending volk squads getting away from anything that isent a Bofors on a retreat).
4 Jan 2016, 12:25 PM

Yes of course, but the Ostheer sniper feels so more potent with everything. If you stack the 4% armor bulletins for the Ostheer sniper, it will not die..

even if you triple stack those bulletins, all small arms have at least a 88.9% chance to penetrate...
all the "heavier" small arms (namely those with penetration values above 1, so pretty much all "heavy" mgs, like vehicle mounted ones and light machine guns like bars etc. at least when not at max range) retain their 100% penetration chance. at best that makes the sniper survive one, maybe two more shot from mainline infantry units.

sniper armor bulletins are among the worst in the game.
4 Jan 2016, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 12:07 PMaaa

again you saying things that are not specific. In final part was there a game when sov player faced a sniper and won it? I dont think there was single game. Majority of those games surely OH won without any counterplay.

Did you even read? The winner, of the finals, used a sniper, as ostheer, and lost that game. How is this less specific than your general ranting?
4 Jan 2016, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

again you saying things that are not specific. In final part was there a game when sov player faced a sniper and won it? I dont think there was single game.

It's quite obvious that you're trying to cherry pick examples to prove your point here and you'll keep shifting goalposts until everyone tires of debating the point, but I'll oblige.

Jesulin did not use an Ostheer sniper against Barton's soviet sniper in the finals. However, Luvnest and Cruzz both attempted to use Ostheer snipers vs Barton's soviet sniper in the Semi and Quarter-finals and lost (neither german sniper survived their games, whereas the soviet sniper did).

Majority of those games surely OH won without any counterplay.

Incorrect. Ostheer lost the 2 out of 2 games where it made a showing in the finals. Cruzz vs Barton: Ostheer won 1 lost 1. Barton vs Luvnest: Ostheer won 1 lost 1. No information regarding the unstreamed semifinal and quarterfinals unfortunately.
4 Jan 2016, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 12:29 PMJewdo

Did you even read? The winner, of the finals, used a sniper, as ostheer, and lost that game. How is this less specific than your general ranting?

? Barton, the winner of the finals of ESL EU, won multiple battles due to his ostheer sniper play..

He even destroyed cruzz with his sniper play in a 1 hour slugfest..
4 Jan 2016, 13:35 PM

Imo the argument that if a unit, in the hands of a top 10 player, over-performs and that is reason enough to justify a balance change in that unit is weak...especially for micro intensives units.

4 Jan 2016, 14:04 PM

? Barton, the winner of the finals of ESL EU, won multiple battles due to his ostheer sniper play..

He even destroyed cruzz with his sniper play in a 1 hour slugfest..

and what? He used it in the finals and lost that game. OP stated the opposite
4 Jan 2016, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 14:04 PMJewdo

and what? He used it in the finals and lost that game. OP stated the opposite

Take it easy man.. I am just saying that the Ostheer sniper is very deadly and more potent than its counterparts. I don't really care who wins or loses with it. The point is, it can get away with too many things.

Do you get what I mean now? I don't mean anything else..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L