Login

russian armor

ESL Go4COH2 cups

PAGES (7)down
YMM
7 Feb 2016, 20:34 PM

Seems like it, as everyone from EU were removed from the NA Cup shortly before the brackets were made.

Wouldn't it make alot more sense to allow players to choose one and not be allowed to compete in the other in the same week? For example for me the NA Cup start time is way better than the EU one.
7 Feb 2016, 20:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Praise the lord for fahu, chat was going completely out of hand without him :D i got scared people would go offtopic in twitch chat hehe ;~D
8 Feb 2016, 10:41 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Praise the lord for fahu, chat was going completely out of hand without him :D i got scared people would go offtopic in twitch chat hehe ;~D

:snfCHVGame:
8 Feb 2016, 10:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The last i've heard of this officially you could enter NA or EU each week if you wanted. But monthly's are restricted to your region and only your points in your regional area can get you into that monthly.

You couldn't use your NA points to get into the EU monthly for instance. That makes sense to me, I hope the weekly's aren't locked too now
8 Feb 2016, 11:31 AM

Permanently Banned

You couldn't use your NA points to get into the EU monthly for instance. That makes sense to me, I hope the weekly's aren't locked too now

What would be the point of having two seperate tournaments for both continents when NA can just be won by a EU player and vice versa? Takes away the whole logic of having cups for both NA and EU..
8 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge

What would be the point of having two seperate tournaments for both continents when NA can just be won by a EU player and vice versa? Takes away the whole logic of having cups for both NA and EU..

That's why we had the monthly cups region locked.

What i'm saying is that the weekly events are not locked to regions specifically. It helps to have good players playing in each of the tournaments.
YMM
8 Feb 2016, 11:49 AM

What i'm saying is that the weekly events are not locked to regions specifically.

Im pretty sure they are.
8 Feb 2016, 12:29 PM

Permanently Banned

What i'm saying is that the weekly events are not locked to regions specifically. It helps to have good players playing in each of the tournaments.

True, you get all the currently good COH2 players, but it still removes the whole point of having an NA and EU tournament. At this point the only constant difference is that EU is casted by you/A_E and Magpie while NA is casted by GG.

However, if you give all the good players two cups to participate in, what does this do to the up-and-coming players that just bought COH2 and want to get better? I can imagine most of them will most likely skip playing in the ESL as there will be a group of people (Hans, Jove, Luvnest, VonIvan, Barton, SPrice etc. etc.) who are just 2-3 leagues above the rest. Why would a new NA player participate in a tournament when the EU pro players are participating too?

This is happening in League of Legends currently, where all the big NA teams buy out the European/Korean players instead of giving talents from their own backyard a chance. Result? NA soloQ (= ranked ladder) isn't taken serious and a lot of proplayers complain about it not being good enough for training. Of course, COH2 ranked not being taken seriously would probably not happen all too soon, but if you (and ESL) want the competitive COH2 scene to grow, you have to give room for talent to show themselves rather than them getting knocked out in the second round against Barton who tries his new tactic of 1 shotting a whole squad with 5 snipers.
8 Feb 2016, 14:15 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Stormless, you and Kyle need to get on the same page as ESL because you're both spreading misinformation that is misleading and confusing everybody. ESL newspost:

The new regional restriction will be activated starting today, 5th of February and will apply to all cups that are organized after this date.

http://play.eslgaming.com/companyofheroes2/europe/news/263196

All cups are now region locked.
8 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah the new region lock changed like a week after the rules already changed.
9 Feb 2016, 00:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Well that is surprising.

Ignore me lol, I honestly have no idea about ESL rules. I was sure after discussion it was only monthly locks and weekly's could have players from EU and NA. I mean Luvnest was playing NA yesterday so already rules have been broken right?
9 Feb 2016, 18:59 PM

The last i've heard of this officially you could enter NA or EU each week if you wanted. But monthly's are restricted to your region and only your points in your regional area can get you into that monthly.

The problem with this is EU players messing up the true rankings of NA players relative to each other. If luvnest finishes 2nd, that's a spot of points that an NA player would have benefited from in the monthly final.

Restricitng everything makes the most sense
10 Feb 2016, 17:33 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The problem with this is EU players messing up the true rankings of NA players relative to each other. If luvnest finishes 2nd, that's a spot of points that an NA player would have benefited from in the monthly final.

Restricitng everything makes the most sense

My vote behind the scenes was a full lock down too. This is not what I believed was the outcome of the decision last week however. To my knowledge Luvnest also played in NA this week so i'm a bit confused as to what's actually going on here.

10 Feb 2016, 17:44 PM

My vote behind the scenes was a full lock down too. This is not what I believed was the outcome of the decision last week however. To my knowledge Luvnest also played in NA this week so i'm a bit confused as to what's actually going on here.

We discussed a lot of stuff behind the scenes and I think everyone might have jumped the gun a bit on telling the community what happened... Here is how I understand it:

The January monthly cup was not region locked because the whole set of Jan cups were not. Starting with the first cup in February (this past Sunday) they region locked EVERYTHING to NA / EU. The weekly cups and thus the monthly cups. So going forward only NA players can play in NA events and only EU players can play in EU events. Simple as that.

Maybe I am wrong and Kyle/ESL can correct me. Other options discussed were, in my opinion, awkward and confusing.
A_E
15 Feb 2016, 16:03 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

VODS from ESL EU Week 7

Best early round best of one game we cast:

Talisman vs. Walther

Best of Three series as playlists:

Quarter Final

Barton vs. Helping Hans

Semi Final

Helping Hans vs. Jove

Grand Final

Jove vs. Luvnest
26 Feb 2016, 15:45 PM
Donator 11

Is there any update about the next weekend tournament? Is ESL still going? You know, the game is unplayable right now and I don't think Relic is able to fix these problems in only 1 day. (it's to schedule my weekend ;) )
27 Feb 2016, 18:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Since nobody has answered you, Jesulin, I will report that I saw elsewhere on this site, that A_E and co are apparently determined to press on regardless.
27 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 15:45 PMjesulin
Is there any update about the next weekend tournament? Is ESL still going? You know, the game is unplayable right now and I don't think Relic is able to fix these problems in only 1 day. (it's to schedule my weekend ;) )

Sorry I did not see you had posted.

But Bloodnok is semi-correct. (Semi since it's not really the casters decision :P) but the basic practice in ESL is that the official live version is the version used, even though for now veterancy buffs do not apply.

4 Apr 2016, 13:20 PM

Whats with ESL now? Does they ended for good? (i hope not, really loved the series, both playing and watching, casters did great job)
4 Apr 2016, 14:49 PM

Not ended but the Go4 is over. The future is as of yet not revealed. :)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS