Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank Use

28 Dec 2015, 21:13 PM

I saw 3 Tigers in my last 2v2 game, and I used a total of 3 Crocodiles in that game.

I've seen plenty of heavy tanks.
28 Dec 2015, 22:27 PM

I still use the Tiger a lot. It won't win you the game by itself, but unlike the Stug and P4 it forces your opponent to get heavy AT or lose, it is quite good against all targets, and Blitz + Smoke makes it extremely survivable.

I feel that the balance regarding tanks and heavies is good. Beelining to doctrinal heavy tanks shouldn't be the norm, and well used light/medium armor should rule the midgame and be potent late game with veterancy.
29 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM

Bro do you even have the commander? Pershing performs quite nicely, solid main gun against tanks and infantry, 45 range, derpy armour, but lacklustre on health. Supported by a jackson or infantry, it can really clean up. It's no 1 tank army, and it's no king tiger, so l2p it.

i would love if relic nerf its AI capabilities and make it unlimited like all other mediums , pershing does not perform like a true heavy and should not be limited because it kinda underperforms ( as a heavy tank that comes 13 cps and costs as much as all the other true heavys ) ... and yeah i do not have the commander,just saw in streams...
29 Dec 2015, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 12:53 PMIGOR

i would love if relic nerf its AI capabilities and make it unlimited like all other mediums , pershing does not perform like a true heavy and should not be limited because it kinda underperforms ( as a heavy tank that comes 13 cps and costs as much as all the other true heavys ) ... and yeah i do not have the commander,just saw in streams...

I don't understand what you mean by "unlimited". You do realize that although the Pershing was designated as a heavy tank, it performed functions of both a heavy and medium tank. Originally, it was designated to be a medium tank, as it came out of the T 20 line of mediums, but was designated heavy to boost morale, as the Americans didn't' posses a heavy tank at the time. Where exactly do you believe it underperforms?
29 Dec 2015, 17:41 PM

hey you want to see heavy tanks? Hop into a 4v4 :D
29 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM

I don't understand what you mean by "unlimited". You do realize that although the Pershing was designated as a heavy tank, it performed functions of both a heavy and medium tank. Originally, it was designated to be a medium tank, as it came out of the T 20 line of mediums, but was designated heavy to boost morale, as the Americans didn't' posses a heavy tank at the time. Where exactly do you believe it underperforms?

relic made pershing a ''heavy tank'' you can only call in 1 , but the pershing hp actually is like a medium, so kinda underperforms to a ''heavy tank'' all heavies have at least 1040 hp .
29 Dec 2015, 19:33 PM

Hey bro your wrong, the "heavy destination " was not for propaganda or "moral" it met the tank board requirements for a heavy as it was originally conceived as early as 1943 (and therefore those standards), it was designated a medium until after the war when a new line of heavy tanks where in design. Learn some tank history before spouting your nonsense and get rekt.
29 Dec 2015, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 19:33 PMGenObi

Hey bro your wrong, the "heavy destination " was not for propaganda or "moral" it met the tank board requirements for a heavy as it was originally conceived as early as 1943 (and therefore those standards), it was designated a medium until after the war when a new line of heavy tanks where in design. Learn some tank history before spouting your nonsense and get rekt.

Well, he is right. It was designed as a medium, based on medium, and some scratch on the paper where it's called medium, but it was scratched and wrote heavy above did not make it heavy (yes, you can find official photos from the war with pershing where "medium" was erased by a pencil and someone wrote "heavy" above). If you have pink picutre but you will write in description that the picture is red one, well, it's won't change the fact that it's pink.
So, it was designed as a medium, then called a heavy for few months, and then again medium.
29 Dec 2015, 20:11 PM

"The prototype series began as a medium tank upgrade of the M4 Sherman and ended as the U.S. Army's first operational heavy tank."

"T26 series were given additional frontal hull armor, with the glacis plate increased to 4 in (10 cm). This increased the weight of the T26 series to over 40 short tons (36 t)"

ENDED as the FIRST HEAVY operational tank

4 inch armor (same as tiger 1) 40 tons vs 60 tons, cast (single die cast plate) that can defeat 88 round.

get REKT and REKT
29 Dec 2015, 20:34 PM

So much heavy...

29 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM

So I giving you facts, a website of reference and sources

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1945/46Tanks/Cover.htm

and the your whole argument is based on a typo from a reference photo.

"The PROTOTYPE series BEGAN as a MEDIUM tank upgrade of the M4 Sherman and ENDED as the U.S. Army's FIRST operational HEAVY TANK."

Apparently you lack reading comprehension skills so I capitalize the key words. Oh and one more thing.

Get REKT, REKT AGIAN AND REKT A THIRD TIME YOU FOOL.
29 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

My argument is, it was designed as a medium, used as a heavy for few months and then became medium again.
29 Dec 2015, 20:52 PM

My argument is, it was designed as a medium, used as a heavy for few months and then became medium again.

Well your wrong, if you read the materials I provide you will see that the last prototype of the series the T 23 was designated as the medium until they move up to the t 26 and later finalized as the m26 perishing.Heavy at birth, 're designated as medium as tech evolves, exact same thing as the British centurion tank when deployed in the 50s for the Israel defensive forces.

So like I said get your facts straight
29 Dec 2015, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 20:52 PMGenObi

Well your wrong, if you read the materials I provide you will see that the last prototype of the series the T 23 was designated as the medium until they move up to the t 26 and later finalized as the m26 perishing.Heavy at birth, 're designated as medium as tech evolves, exact same thing as the British centurion tank when deployed in the 50s for the Israel defensive forces.

So like I said get your facts straight

Christ Genobi, when did you become such a History troll?:hijack:
29 Dec 2015, 22:47 PM

but it still would be nice to still have have a final heavy tank phase where there could be multiple heavies on the field for those occasional 1 hour or longer games.

except the US pershing is DLC and the IS2/tiger are still doctrinal.

Wanting a "heavy tank" phase is ridiculous when the OKW is the only faction out of 5 to have that phase by default.

and stop it with the inconsequential history debate.
29 Dec 2015, 23:18 PM

Permanently Banned
We should remove limit for pershing because we need call in meta back.
29 Dec 2015, 23:21 PM

Christ Genobi, when did you become such a History troll?:hijack:

Lol, if anything you should congratulate me for keeping myself quiet for so long, i mean how many threads have incorrectly stated the Pershing history.

In regards to the question on hand, yes it seems the pershing is too limited for the 1 Heavy tank only call in rule.However many pershing might be a problem in itself as we seen people wait for better tanks on general like the old tiger meta of old, but a price and point requirment drop could help mitigate the lack of heavy tank proper.
29 Dec 2015, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 23:21 PMGenObi

Lol, if anything you should congratulate me for keeping my tongue for so long, i mean how many threads how incorrectly stated the Pershing history. In regards to the question on hand, yes it seems the pershing is somewhat to limited for the 1 pershing only call in. Two many pershing might be a problem, but a price and point requirment drop might be needed.

:clap::clap::clap:I congratulate your undying patience and tongue control:clap::clap::clap:
30 Dec 2015, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

We should remove limit for pershing because we need call in meta back.

Pff. Double 85s or nothing.
30 Dec 2015, 02:03 AM

:clap::clap::clap:I congratulate your undying patience and tongue control:clap::clap::clap:

Lol I try, gets on my nerves that people try to undermine a significant part of US tank history.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★