Login

russian armor

Close quarters early game

27 Dec 2015, 01:31 AM

Specifically for vs okw on "Ettelbruck Station" or other close quarters urban maps.

Other maps I'm fine as I can pull back past open fields with backup to tear them a new one at long range, but some maps don't let me do this and I'm finding it difficult to find alternative strategies for this

I'm having a really hard time fighting off pio spams on this map. Even when vetted with grenades at their disposal, my tommies get slaughtered by pios with their close range weapons or by fallsjim popping up behind the lines. The only way I've coped so far is by turtling with mgs covering the chokepoints and mortars ruining the blobs, but this takes some time to set up and goes against my style of play (I like being aggressive, and simply don't enjoy sitting around behind a wall). Buildings also work until the poxy stun grenade showers or flame nades hit the field.

27 Dec 2015, 01:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Specifically for vs okw on "Ettelbruck Station" or other close quarters urban maps.

Other maps I'm fine as I can pull back past open fields with backup to tear them a new one at long range, but some maps don't let me do this and I'm finding it difficult to find alternative strategies for this

I'm having a really hard time fighting off pio spams on this map. Even when vetted with grenades at their disposal, my tommies get slaughtered by pios with their close range weapons or by fallsjim popping up behind the lines. The only way I've coped so far is by turtling with mgs covering the chokepoints and mortars ruining the blobs, but this takes some time to set up and goes against my style of play (I like being aggressive, and simply don't enjoy sitting around behind a wall). Buildings also work until the poxy stun grenade showers or flame nades hit the field.

Alt F4
27 Dec 2015, 02:14 AM

The south on station is pretty open, so is mid
27 Dec 2015, 05:47 AM

Well UK tends to be a fairly defensive faction, especially early on. Mid game you can turn it around if you bring in some gliders.
27 Dec 2015, 07:45 AM
Patrion 14

If your faction sucks at close quarters (Germans or UKF), your best bet is to go somewhere where it's less likely to run into units face-first (like turning a corner) and group your units together to focus fire the close damage threats.

Pio spam is actually pretty bad in general but against the low numbers and cover/range dependent Tommies, they can sort of "swarm" them. I'd suggest picking one side of the map with a VP/fuel/muni point and sitting on it with all your squads until your forces are numerous enough to handle the more arduous points to assault and hold. Definitely don't send lone squads to cap points. If you do, accept the risk that a close-quarters unit can come and wreck them around a shot-blocker.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★