Login

russian armor

Post Game Co-op Replay watching

24 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM
Donator 22

After a 2v2 automatch, I often wanted to have look again at the replay together with my mate. To look up a certain situation, to find out why we lost……….whatever.

To do that, it would be ideal to be able to watch that replay together. When looking into a replay, fast forwarding is a big deal. So when watching a replay together that has to be in synch for both watches.
The lack of this possibility currently makes replays together is a bit inconvenient.

I always wondered, why this was never implemented. Is it technically such a big difference from observer parties or does nobody need this ability?

By the way, how do those people who cast replays together do it?
24 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

"Let's unpause in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
Unless you're IcemanJoker, in which case skip the "4..."
24 Dec 2015, 21:37 PM
Donator 22

well yea, the countdown is sth I can handle. It is the fast forwarding, the speeding up and slowing down that totally breaks the feeling of watching something together.

And it is ok, your answer and the lack of any other answers tell me, that my thoughts seem to be rare thoughts in this matter. fine for me.
24 Dec 2015, 21:57 PM
Donator 33

Just do a time synch every 5-7 minutes and you will be fine :D
25 Dec 2015, 04:11 AM

yeah my mate and I get de-synced any time one of us forgets we shouldn't click on another player's units, coz there's like this quarter second freeze or something when the game switches. Or just randomly, coz someones one machine stutters a bit but not the other.

Multiplayer replays would be excellent.
25 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM
Donator 33

yeah my mate and I get de-synced any time one of us forgets we shouldn't click on another player's units, coz there's like this quarter second freeze or something when the game switches. Or just randomly, coz someones one machine stutters a bit but not the other.

Multiplayer replays would be excellent.

You can use the OLD HUD, to avoid switching sides when selecting units, (Ctrl + Right Arrow key, i think) but the Old HUD shows only 1 players resources and units, so its kinda limiting...
4 Jan 2016, 11:45 AM

When I talk to my buddy regarding replays I tell him the clock and where on the map. That has worked sufficiently.
My biggest gripe remains no possibility to rewind. I wonder why that's not possible.
4 Jan 2016, 12:42 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 12:51 PMATCF

You can use the OLD HUD, to avoid switching sides when selecting units, (Ctrl + Right Arrow key, i think) but the Old HUD shows only 1 players resources and units, so its kinda limiting...

Wait, as far as I remember using that old hud it had a button that showed and hide resources of all players and it had units of 2 players at the top. They changed something? I cant check it right now as I'm on Intel HD powered laptop :oops:

When I talk to my buddy regarding replays I tell him the clock and where on the map. That has worked sufficiently.
My biggest gripe remains no possibility to rewind. I wonder why that's not possible.

Rewinding would be very costly to implement. I'm pretty sure that all functions that change the state of game are one-directional right now, it would require writing complementary functions that work in another direction and it is sometimes pretty hard thing to do, even in turn based games. Here it would be much, much worse.

What they can do though is copying whole state of game every 10 seconds when you watch the replay and store it for example for 3 minutes. Or preferably there should be setting on how many saves you want to store and setting that turns the feature off. That way they can make the "instant replay" feature. Only problem is that it would probably take lots of ram but there is no better solution imo.
4 Jan 2016, 12:51 PM

I always wondered, why this was never implemented. Is it technically such a big difference from observer parties or does nobody need this ability?

it is technically not too far from observer mode and definitely within the realm of possibilities. given relics track record of implementing such "extraneous" features though, i doubt we will ever see it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
Russian Federation 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment