Login

russian armor

UKF AA emplacement and retreating squads

24 Dec 2015, 00:29 AM

So in other words, I don't see why a allied static building with a quick rapid anti-aircraft gun should get criticized if the OKW tech building does the same.

Bofors has more DPS then then Schwerer HQ Gun but if that gun is too good at killing retreating infantries I find no reason why it should not also get a modifier.

If your flank put you in a position where you had to retreat past a static AA position, it was a bad flank.

That is totally arbitrary characterization and retreat paths are map dependent so your comments are rather off base.

OKW Flak HQs have been doing this long before UKF Bofors existed.

That is not really a valid point see my first reply. Further more Bofors are not limited to 1 by player and are a much smaller investment...

You have the wrong expectation about what the retreat button is for...

No I simply think that a units with the utility of Bofors should not have the extra utility of being able to wiped out retreating squads.

Except retreating squads still get the same received accuracy buff while retreating against Bofors like they do against any other unit.

If you are arguing that there is a law that says that all units should have the same modifiers against retreating units you are mistaken because there is no such law. Actually Relic have tested different modifiers for units firing on retreating units...

24 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

He is going to keep going in a circle of him avoiding facts that he is clearly wrong, just so he doesn't have to admit hes wrong.

Please dont feed., thread close.
24 Dec 2015, 09:40 AM

He is going to keep going in a circle of him avoiding facts that he is clearly wrong, just so he doesn't have to admit hes wrong.

There is not a single "fact" posted in the tread justifying why A.A.E should be able to wipe out even Full HP 5 men squads that retreat past it.

I bet that most of people that posted here have not even tested the lethality of the unit against retreating units.
24 Dec 2015, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 09:40 AMMyself

There is not a single "fact" posted in the tread justifying why A.A.E should be able to wipe out even Full HP 5 men squads that retreat past it.

I bet that most of people that posted here have not even tested the lethality of the unit against retreating units.

Case closed, move on.

24 Dec 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 00:29 AMMyself
That is totally arbitrary characterization and retreat paths are map dependent so your comments are rather off base.

It is not arbitrary at all.

Any flanking maneuver you do that puts you in the position where you have to retreat through an enemy strong point is a bad flanking maneuver. Not knowing the path your units will take on retreat is no excuse. Retreat paths are not random; it's simply something you need to learn and it separates the people who do good flanks from the people who do bad flanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 00:29 AMMyself
No I simply think that a units with the utility of Bofors should not have the extra utility of being able to wiped out retreating squads.

The Bofors does not have a lot of utility as it is. It can not move; this is a pretty big deal.
24 Dec 2015, 11:10 AM

It is not arbitrary at all.
Any flanking maneuver you do that puts you in the position where you have to retreat through an enemy strong point is a bad flanking maneuver. Not knowing the path your units will take on retreat is no excuse. Retreat paths are not random; it's simply something you need to learn and it separates the people who do good flanks from the people who do bad flanks.

As I explained it is not what I know or don't know. Retreating paths are map related and there maps that bofors can shut them down. Its not about know or planning its about if there is an option...The current performance of bofors limits counter play without actually adding anything to the game...

The Bofors does not have a lot of utility as it is. It can not move; this is a pretty big deal.

Let me see now it can kill soft targets, suppress infantries/ rakketns, barrage support weapons, shut down light vehicles, engage airplanes, protect infantries and wiped out retreating infantries.

Yep it has little utility...I guess the 2cm flak emplacement has more

If wiping out retreating squad is something that AA emplacements should be able to do the 2cm flak emplacement should be able to do it also...
24 Dec 2015, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 14:07 PMJohnnyB
About british emplacements, did I miss a change in some recent patch? Incendiary mortar HT rounds and about any flame weapon don't seem to work so good against them. In fact, even ballistic weapons seems to be less efficient. It's only my impression? Because I hear brits Up all around but in fact I met some guys who knew how to play them, not american style, not soviet style, but pure british style using emplacements (AA and mortars). And hell they were efficient.

Yeah they changed it so that it isn't an instant one shot anymore.
24 Dec 2015, 11:34 AM

Yeah they changed it so that it isn't an instant one shot anymore.

Well, to bad I guess, because 2 mortar HT and 2 regular mortars + pak 40 and some infantry could not handle 2 AA emplacement and one mortar pit. Oh, they destroyed one AA emplacement, to be fair.

British emplacements are back and twices ugly. Any noob can deny you a good chunk of the map preferably fuel and VP included. GG.

Mortar hts are not working anymore, jagdpanzer is in T4. British players, spam emplacements! It's da bomb, I can guarantee.
24 Dec 2015, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 11:34 AMJohnnyB

Well, to bad I guess, because 2 mortar HT and 2 regular mortars + pak 40 and some infantry could not handle 2 AA emplacement and one mortar pit. Oh, they destroyed one AA emplacement, to be fair.

British emplacements are back and twices ugly. Any noob can deny you a good chunk of the map preferably fuel and VP included. GG.

Mortar hts are not working anymore, jagdpanzer is in T4. British players, spam emplacements! It's da bomb, I can guarantee.

You are just bad if you can't kill Brit emplacements. Almost as bad as the player who actually built brit emplacements.
24 Dec 2015, 12:26 PM

Case closed, move on.

Thanks for taking the time to test.

If you are claiming that bofors can't kill retreating units you are simply wrong.

Here are the result of my test:
10 V.G. retreating past bofors

5 squad wipes
4 left with 1
1 left with 3
outs of 50 entities retreating 7 made. If in you case a single entity made it is simply RNG.

24 Dec 2015, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 11:34 AMJohnnyB

No they still suck, since they are stationary. You simply wait for them to brace and burn the living shit out of them.
24 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

If you overextended that much, that your squads are killed on retreat by a stationary emplacement, in my opinion you really deserve it then. Those emplacements have already marginal usage, no need to nerf them further.
24 Dec 2015, 13:08 PM

If you overextended that much, that your squads are killed on retreat by a stationary emplacement, in my opinion you really deserve it then. Those emplacements have already marginal usage, no need to nerf them further.

Placing an AA on the retreat point from a cut off, severely reduces the ability to harass that point, forcing to first destroy the AA as the viable option...

killing 86% the entities of Full HP 5 men squads on retreat is over performing in imo so nerfing this particular part of the unit's performance without any other affect makes sence and I would not describe it as "nerf(ing) them further"
24 Dec 2015, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 12:26 PMMyself

Thanks for taking the time to test.

If you are claiming that bofors can't kill retreating units you are simply wrong.

Here are the result of my test:
10 V.G. retreating past bofors

4 squad wipes
4 left with 1
1 left with 3
outs of 50 entities retreating 7 made. If in you case a single entity made it is simply RNG.

And even a single squad did not die that day.
20 models down out of 60, not a single wipe.
Plus keep in mind, this was made without fog of war which means even higher efficiency.

24 Dec 2015, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 13:08 PMMyself

Placing an AA on the retreat point from a cut off, severely reduces the ability to harass that point, forcing to first destroy the AA as the viable option...

killing 86% the entities of Full HP 5 men squads on retreat is over performing in imo so nerfing this particular part of the unit's performance without any other affect makes sence and I would not describe it as "nerf(ing) them further"

Well thats the point of the AA emplacement isn't it? To defend and prevent harassment? If it can't do that, what can it do? It can't attack you know.

And here is a tip when it comes to harassment: Don't put your squad in a position where it has to retreat through an enemy strong-point.
24 Dec 2015, 13:32 PM

And even a single squad did not die that day.
20 models down out of 60, not a single wipe.
Plus keep in mind, this was made without fog of war which means even higher efficiency.

If I understand correctly you retreated 12 squads at the same time?

and 33% of them where cut down? and you don't find that too much?

I tested 1 squad 10 times...
24 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

If you retreat through an enemy strong point you deserve to be punished!

Bofors DO NOT MOVE. It is your fault for retreating through it.
24 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 13:32 PMMyself

If I understand correctly you retreated 12 squads at the same time?

and 33% of them where cut down? and you don't find that too much?

I tested 1 squad 10 times...

You are entirely missing the point... Do not put your squads in a position where they will be cut down whilst retreating. Deal with the threat, then and only then move your squads into the desired position.

This doesn't just apply to bofors, it is a simple fundamental principle for the entire game...
24 Dec 2015, 13:35 PM

Well thats the point of the AA emplacement isn't it? To defend and prevent harassment? If it can't do that, what can it do? It can't attack you know.

And here is a tip when it comes to harassment: Don't put your squad in a position where it has to retreat through an enemy strong-point.

Bofors defending a cut off is one thing a bofors defending another area and the retreat route is another...

A single Bofors is not a strong point it is defended point.

Well thats the point of the AA emplacement isn't it?... tell that to okw 2cm flak
24 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

Bofors DO NOT MOVE. It is your fault for retreating through it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★