Login

russian armor

UKF AA emplacement and retreating squads

25 Dec 2015, 09:20 AM

Retreating through a Bofors is akin to sending out lone capping squads on the far side of the map when you know there is a T70 on the field...

Since you brought the T70 I have to remind you that Relic a long time ago realized that T70 (and some other units) where too good at hunting down retreating infantries and deliberately reduced that ability by introducing moving accuracy modifiers. The same way they did with flamers and vehicles with flamers...

It's extremely bad play and should be punished hard. I don't see why you think it would be a good idea to have a Brit emplacement (that is both expensive and immobile) that the axis player can just ignore and not take into consideration while doing flanking maneuvers.

In your opinion it is "extremely bad play and should be punished hard" in mine it is not. In my opinion it is a moderate mistake and should be punished accordingly.

Why I consider a moderate mistake? Because retreat path is not something player has full control of, it is map related and it is something that can change.

For instance a single wire built can in some map totally change the path or player might not be aware that bofors was built near his retreat path. It seem that point we actually disagree is severity of the mistake and punishment (see number below).

In my opinion a full health squad should have a pretty good change of retreating if it come to contact with a single units and that does not seem to be the case with bofors.

What exactly is the point of this thread

The point of this thread is to highlight the disproportional to (other units) ability of bofors to kill retreating infantries. In the test I did (the photos of you can see) 40% of 5 men full HP sqaud got wiped out and if I was using 4 men squad (more typical for axis faction) that number would had been up 90%, if those where damaged squads as the one usually retreating the number would be closer to 99%.

Those number are simply too high and when i compared it to shock troops waiting in the same root I have to use multiple squads to achieve that level of lethality.

25 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

Lets watch him make a fool of himself even more.

Imo people who make fool of themselves are people who act as if they have knowledge of something when they do not. Do you actually have any knowledge of how deadly bofors can be against retreating infantries? Do you have any knowledge this leathality compares to other units like Shock troops?

At least Australian Magic was smart enough to actually test things before giving his opinion...
25 Dec 2015, 09:42 AM

Here is a riddle.
If 1 person says you are drunk, well, that's the opinion of 1 person. Might be wrong.
If 10 persons say you are drunk, well, that's the point when you must stop and think about it.

:)
25 Dec 2015, 09:48 AM

Here is a riddle.
If 1 person says you are drunk, well, that's the opinion of 1 person. Might be wrong.
If 10 persons say you are drunk, well, that's the point when you must stop and think about it.

Here is a story. Guy comes up with physics theory that time and space are relative 99% of the physicist of his time tell him that his wrong. Another guy claimed that earth rotate when 999% of his people though the opposite. Can you guess the rest of the stories?

Merry Christmas
(and no, I no way think that I have any relevance with the guys in the stories, I am simply point out the weakness of your riddle)
25 Dec 2015, 10:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Here is a riddle.

Poor scientist, looks like its good for world that thay dont listen 10 or 100 person :D.
25 Dec 2015, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 09:48 AMMyself

Here is a story. Guy comes up with physics theory that time and space are relative 99% of the physicist of his time tell him that his wrong. Another guy claimed that earth rotate when 999% of his people though the opposite. Can you guess the rest of the stories?

Merry Christmas
(and no, I no way think that I have any relevance with the guys in the stories, I am simply point out the weakness of your riddle)

Holy garden. We came across the whole galaxy from statemets from better players that Bofors is fine to time and space theory :drool:

Well, I can asure you, you won't become CoH2 Einstain or Hawking with some new inventions :P

It's simple. If Bofors wipe you on reatreat, it's your fault that you choose such retreat path.
25 Dec 2015, 10:26 AM

Are you comparing yourself Einstein?
Let me burst your bubble: Einstein would not get his units wiped on retreat because he would remember retreat paths, unlike you.

Misquoting can lead to the creation of wrong impression of what has been said and I find it really low from you part that you would actually and deliberately do that. I no longer consider that you are a person that I should respond too.

For the record here what you deliberately left out from my quote:

25 Dec 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 10:26 AMMyself

Misquoting can lead to the creation of wrong impression of what has been said and I find it really low from you part that you would actually do that. I no longer consider that you are a person that I should respond too. For the record here what you deliberately left out from my quote:

It doesn't work like that. You can't just compare yourself to a couple of geniuses and then put up a disclaimer that you are not actually doing that. That is like saying "I'm not racist, but I really hate black guys".

25 Dec 2015, 10:33 AM

It doesn't work like that. You can't just compare yourself to a couple of geniuses and then put up a disclaimer that you are not actually doing that. That is like saying "I'm not racist, but I really hate black guys".

I did not compare myself with anyone a riddle was given and I replied with stories demonstrating the weakness of the riddle...

You on the other hand, deliberately misquoted me to create the wrong impression. [and even if the disclaimer was not valid (and in this case it is absolutely valid because I did not compare myself with anyone) you are morally obliged to full quote me and then challenge the validity of the disclaimer.]

I will no longer respond to you.

Have a merry Christmas
25 Dec 2015, 10:41 AM

Let me burst your bubble: Einstein would not get his units wiped on retreat because he would remember retreat paths, unlike you.

Damn, Aero, this is top comment Ive seen in months :clap:
25 Dec 2015, 11:23 AM
Donator 11

Please guys treat each other with respect.
Post #6 invised for Defamation of other Member

please guys stay on topic or I need to close this thread.
25 Dec 2015, 12:44 PM

Goes to my sig.
25 Dec 2015, 13:11 PM

Thats the best line I've witnissed in my entire coh2.org time
25 Dec 2015, 20:26 PM

No they still suck, since they are stationary. You simply wait for them to brace and burn the living shit out of them.

That's what I was saying, the fire doesn't work that good on them. At least the mortar ht fire....
25 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

Although out of topic I am under the impression that emplacement (and bunkers) where taking too much flame damage because the bonus damage modifiers was implement wrongly and was applied multiple times. It is very probable that Relic Fixed the implementation of the bonus damage and thus now take less damage...
25 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM

this thread is fucking gold

Guys, let's make all retreating squads invurneable because losing squads is toxic and antifun and definitely not esports. I should not be punished for my mistakes because it's not fun
26 Dec 2015, 04:37 AM

Wow. The responses in this thread are full of vitriol.
26 Dec 2015, 08:05 AM

this thread is fucking gold

Guys, let's make all retreating squads invurneable because losing squads is toxic and antifun and definitely not esports. I should not be punished for my mistakes because it's not fun

Imo you suggestion is a bad idea. Making invulnerable will retreating over perform and open many way to be exploits, further more you justification is rather weak.

On the other hand, thanks for taking the time to contribute constructively into this thread.

Have a happy new year.
26 Dec 2015, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 20:26 PMJohnnyB

That's what I was saying, the fire doesn't work that good on them. At least the mortar ht fire....

And what I was saying, is that such a move was necessary since mortar pits and such were just instantly destroyed by one hit of any kind of incendiary.

Now, you need to put in some more effort, which is fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★