Login

russian armor

IS 2 problem

23 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
First of all, need nerf tigers (coz relic buff tham fight vs churchills), now after brit tanks nerf need nerf tigers or up tiger 1 price.
Is-2 need rework, rework vet1, buff him and up price (maybe) after this.
23 Dec 2015, 16:29 PM
Donator 11

Source? I saw a documentary a few years ago that stated where it was stated that german tanks usually engaged in battle ranges up to 900-1000m.

Oh, and the IS2 is fine.

The record of tank (actually tank hunter nashorn but its a tank too) destroying another tank in ww2 is 4.5km. It is obvoiusly inaccurate and uneffective range but it shows that they definitely used to engage not only over one but also over 2 kilometers on usual basis.

But to be precise it really depends on a tank and its target, even type of shell used. For example tiger could penetrate most allied tanks with standard ap shell up to 1200m, while many allied tanks couldn't penetrate it above 800m no matter the ammo. Becouse it was also cheapest and most used type of ap shell and it was safe to use that ammunitions above said 800m the 1000-1200m was the range most tigers tried to have to its targets in order to kill while staying safe. The accurancy of gun and optics allowed more so in situations where it was needed to shoot further they used more expensive HEAT sheel, that could penetrate allied mediums at any range becouse its penetration value is not range dependant. These shells offered better penetration than standard AP only over 1200m so the fact that these were produced and deployed to tigers also shows that tank was ment to be used, and was really used on longer distances than 1,2 km.
23 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM

they need to change the IS2 vet one ability
23 Dec 2015, 17:46 PM
Donator 11

Please keep it serious and stay on topic guys!
/one post invised for offtopic
23 Dec 2015, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 17:33 PMNinjaWJ
they need to change the IS2 vet one ability

+1

The record of tank (actually tank hunter nashorn but its a tank too) destroying another tank in ww2 is 4.5km.

1) tank hunter is not a tank. He have paper armor but gun much better then any tank in this mass have.
2) Fadin use 76mm his T-34 shout down german airplane. So T-34 is Flak gun now? :loco:
23 Dec 2015, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 12:56 PMTAKTCOM
Wow. Krup steel soooo strong:sibHyena: Learn the history of computer games is a bad idea, I tell you.

Cool story, bro. You found it in the secret Nazi archives? Because it seems to be only mention to this problem that I have seen in all the internet ever.
You don´t even make sense. I specifically mentioned that the HE shells could damage the armor of Tigers etc. Yet you just write "Krupp steel", like I was depicting German tanks as superior. You are deluded.

Leave the reasonable discussion to the adults. You are embarrassing yourself. If ad hominem is the only thing you can bring up here, I leave it to everybody else to decide what value you have as a forum member.

Edit: Someone else posted this already on this forum some time ago. There you have it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza2jqTyn4o#t=26m40s
23 Dec 2015, 20:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Only thing thats needed is a scatter fix.
23 Dec 2015, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 19:48 PMButcher
You don´t even make sense. I specifically mentioned that the HE shells could damage the armor of Tigers etc.

That is not you write?
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 12:24 PMButcher
The IS-2 could somewhat fight back, but definitely not by "penetrating" the King Tigers or often even Panthers armor with AP ammunition for that matter.

Well, if it was your cat or whoever else, I should probably apologize. :guyokay:
23 Dec 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 20:24 PMTAKTCOM

That is not you write?

Well, if it was your cat or whoever else, I should probably apologize. :guyokay:
If you quote me, quote the entire text. Anything else is equal to a lie. You lack reading comprehension and are trying to blame it on me.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 12:24 PMButcher
The IS-2 could somewhat fight back, but definitely not by "penetrating" the King Tigers or often even Panthers armor with AP ammunition for that matter. The HE shells caused spalling damage.
23 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

I think the is2 is fine, doesn't need any buffs tbh
23 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

Let me answer you in some points.
1. You made two identical threads.
2. It was the su-152 to be called animal hunter, not IS-2
3. Is-2 is 3rd best tanks in the game after KT and JT that cost considerably more. It also has great AI and impenetrable armour.
4. Ballance is more important that history. In history the tank was also very inaccurate and due to 2 part ammo it took long to reload and best known types of ammunition couldnt be used limiting possible penetration. We had IS-2 as historical as it gets designed with those features in mind but it was so much rng everybody decided it wasnt good. So now it has limited damage but it got better acc and reload while keeping it superior armour, both front and rear.

"whatever killer" is more like "Pizdets vsemu" so rather su-100, but yeah, animal killer "zveroboy" was su-152.

Awesome post. To OP - this is all correct facts and well-based opinions.

I wish they'd put pizdec-vsemu into the game just so I can hear the soldiers call it pizdec-vsemu)

23 Dec 2015, 21:17 PM

@OP If you want realism just go and play Men of War :snfPeter: In that game you can just make an IS2 and have it be immortal against anything else than JT or Elefant :snfPeter:

But back to topic - there's nothing wrong with the IS2, it's just as viable as a Tiger or a KT
23 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM

The IS-2 keeps overshooting against infantry, but on the other hand it used to be extremely OP vs infantry before it recieved that nerf. I think it's in a pretty good spot and there are other things in the game that needs fixing more than the IS-2.
23 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

Like it lacking hull mg does mean something? And IS-2 has turret rear mg instead of hull. They are different.

And I did show you pen was at the same level. Is-2 is better at near distance and tiger is better far distance.
Now what's better on tiger? Range of 5 more and rate of fire. That's asymmetrically equal.
I can agree rof can be shortened by 0.4, but other than that, it's fine.

that rear mounted mg is useless. Since when do IS2 face their rear toward enemy?
23 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

Give me IS2 Mod 1944 with the added front armor. Gib me noaw
23 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

Only issue is the veterancy 1 ability and the random scatter. I'd trade a smaller aoe blast for increased accuracy or maybe just make veterancy 1 an accuracy bonus similar to how Churchills don't have a veterancy 1 ability.
23 Dec 2015, 23:52 PM

Give me IS2 Mod 1944 with the added front armor. Gib me noaw

the is2 in the game already use the is2 1944 model.
24 Dec 2015, 00:36 AM

-Change vet 1 ability to something that has a snowball's chance in hell of being used.

-Increase accuracy a bit, especially on the move.

That's more or less it, I think. Its pen is the same as the Tiger's IIRC, and it gains range with veterancy. It has kickass frontal armor. Its only glaring problem is that it misses too much, which is especially crippling with its reload time.
24 Dec 2015, 00:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

that rear mounted mg is useless. Since when do IS2 face their rear toward enemy?

When they see a mortar crew and can decide they want to shit all over it
24 Dec 2015, 00:47 AM

Permanently Banned
I hate how is2 overshoots. But if it hits consistently its OP as shit like before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★