Commander:
Tactical Support Regiment

Strengths:
  • Mid & Late game
  • Killing heavy tanks is a walk in the park
  • Save lots of manpower for you and your team with ATG/MG supply drops
  • Cromwell speed + artillery cover is perfect for destroying defenses

Weaknesses:
  • Early game will not be a weakness as long as you play CONSERVATIVE, DEFENSIVE behind cover, and rely on your teammate
  • You most likely will not get 5CP by the time the 7 minute Luchs arrives so you will need some form of AT. I sometimes abort waiting till supply drop and just order a ATG.
  • Munitions heavy -> Cannot use grenades or coordinated artillery much.
  • Without holding munitions points, this strategy will fail.

Build/Action Order:
  • Universal Carrier. (Counters OKW initial engagement of Kubels and Sturms. Also good damage sponge)

• Infantry Section (Build sandbags everywhere and try to occupy buildings ASAP)

• Vickers HMG. (Put in trench. Vet 1 = better than Bofors)

• Infantry Section

• Munitions Cache. Get each teammate to make one MU cache. This will allow you to spam Arty Cover & Supply Drops & Mines

• Company Command Post

• Sniper. Get Vet 1 before Luchs arrives.

• Upgrade all three infantry sections to medic supplies. Coordinated artillery = waste of MU. Best to preserve your IS with as much healing as possible.

• Upgrade UC to Command Vehicle. No Vickers K or WASP needed for most scenarios. Keep unit behind the frontline offering unlimited recon.

• Get four CPs as soon as possible. Time it right so you have 150 MU when you hit 4CP. Assuming 40 MU/min, you have about 280 - 150 = 130 MU to spare until the 7 minute mark. 60 MU used on medics so that's 130 - 60 = 70 MU to spare.

• Call in 6 Pounder + Vickers Supply Drop (Saves you 600 MP) for 150 MU.

• Use Sniper & ATG to kill Luchs. If timing failed, switch over to teammates side and recuperate.

• Now that you have an extra 600 hypothetical manpower. Use it on Mortar Pit and Forward Assembly.

• Upgrade tier at 200 FU. This way you will take advantage of the Cromwell coming out SO SOON

• Cromwell spam. Comets not needed unless in some extreme-late game scenarios.

• COUNTERING PANZERWERFERS: Use Command UC recon to scout then send Cromwell on SUICIDE RUNS TO KILL ARTILLERY.

• Use artillery cover during coordinated pushes (artillery cover = very good)

• Keep units alive by not overextending. Remain conservative. Focus more on holding both MU points (goal: hold 1 FU point and 2 MU points). They can have as many tanks as they want, all tanks are nullified by artillery cover, sniper stuns, and mines.

• You will be floating a lot of munitions. This is good. Upgrade all units with Bren LMGs including Sappers. Use extra munitions on coordinated artillery, artillery cover, and ATG/MG supply drops for teammates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These videos demonstrate strategies not exactly the build order stated above, but does demonstrates this commander, the power of the Cromwell, Vickers + Trench, ATG/Vickers supply drops, Artillery Cover, and Infantry Sections.

This also demonstrates how YOU DONT NEED EMPLACEMENTS TO WIN.

22 Dec 2015, 06:37 AM

Looks interesting. And reasonable. Replay, perhaps?
22 Dec 2015, 07:20 AM

Looks like a solid strat.
26 Dec 2015, 19:50 PM

I've been watching your videos and I'm certainly going to try this strat!

One note though. The 6pounder and Vickers call-in will by no means save you 600 mp when you include the replenishment cost. granted you will save some, but it's not 600 :)
26 Dec 2015, 19:59 PM

Too bad Ostheer spoils the fun with Panzerwerfer.
28 Dec 2015, 10:27 AM

Why only for 2v2+?

Any reason why it wouldn't be just as valid ( think I'd swap an IS for a HMG)?
28 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM

Looks interesting. And reasonable. Replay, perhaps?

check out his youtube channel northweapon coh his latest uploads are all about it.
28 Dec 2015, 13:30 PM

check out his youtube channel northweapon coh his latest uploads are all about it.

Thanks! Gonna check it on holidays.
3 Jan 2016, 18:00 PM

For open maps i'd forgo emplacements completely (except forward assembly) also most 3v3 engagements. Too easy to counter, not enough return.

otherwise it sounds pretty interesting.
3 Jan 2016, 19:09 PM
Donator 11

Added in some videos for you guys :) Updated some build changes
3 Jan 2016, 21:14 PM

Even I've got a few wins with this, I don't use your exact build order but then again I'm a very low level player.

A few points I've noticed, the command vehicle seems to seriously buff infantry as well as tanks. I think ATGs seem to fire faster too. I usually upgrade a UC to wasp and keep it back a bit.

Three to four IS, one of which builds caches and acts as a reserve, the three IS cap their way to VPs then trench ( sandbags may well be better, hadn't thought of that).

I then pick a VP to defend based on how much pressure the opponent is applying, though generally favour the middle one if at all possible. Early game the UC trots around and helps out against infantry rushes or garrisoned 42s.

Bolster squad and save munitions for the air drop. Once I get that that crew with sappers, reinforce sappers, crew machinegun, reinforce sapper again. MG goes to the trench on the VP I've decided to defend with ATG slightly back whilst the IS goes forward to cap. Spare sappers build a mortar pit ideally covering 2 VPs with MG flank protection and the ATG partly covering.

I then build a couple of AECs, they're pretty fragile but with the command UC seem to provide quite a potent force against capping or harassing infantry. I try to keep them behind my lines and use as fire support, often around the middle VP ( gun on them seems to do a good impression of a Cromwells, though much less AI damage).

The mortar pit seems to be a honey trap, especially for OKW with blobbed shreks or ISGs. If they try armour I've beaten off Panthers, Elephants and all sorts with 1-2 ATGs plus the AECs.

Generally with 2 VPs I'll just harrass the third whilst hunkering down whilst my fuel ticks up for Churchill, Comet or Cromwells.

I think the UCs are just too fragile late game so will probably try nominating an AEC once it dies.

Biggest problem I've found is with artillery, LeFH etc wreck me and it feels odd to be out gunned with artillery as the Brits.

I haven't found any use for the expensive engineers, anyone know how many resources you get from a scavenged tank as mine have always died whilst trying it. And you can't build with them... 450 manpower is a big investment unless you're getting something concrete out of them.

Also the forward OP I've tried a couple of times but haven't really found a good use for it.

Artillery cover, do you use if offensively or defensively? Seems to be a bit indiscriminate when used up close and personal.

Edit: Just noticed you added youtube replays... Prolly answers some of my questions. :)
5 Jan 2016, 19:11 PM

This seems to be the best all-around strategy for Brits at the moment. You forgot to mention that an early Command Vehicle will give you an edge in sniper duels (thus, you will be able to use your own sniper with impunity)

This build-order seems to be a bit risky to pull off in 4vs4's though (it might be harder to get 4 CP's before an early Luchs/Flame-HT arrives)

I have 2 questions, though:

1) How do you counter (cleverly-placed) Pak43's with this build?

2) (in 4vs4s) Can you really survive the OKW onslaught with only 1 Vickers (until 4CP)?

5 Jan 2016, 22:03 PM
Donator 11

1) How do you counter (cleverly-placed) Pak43's with this build?

I actually faced the Pak 43 in the 2nd video posted above. Cromwell flanks w/ arty support counters everything in the Axis arsenal. With the help of Katyushas occasionally decrewing it, it wasn't that much of a problem. But it did manage to kill a Cromwell or two throughout the game. But yeah, Brits don't have much to use against it :/ Gotta flank with Cromwells and destroy.

2) (in 4vs4s) Can you really survive the OKW onslaught with only 1 Vickers (until 4CP)?

It is a 2v2 strat in particular. In 4v4s just a bit of tweaking and you're good to go. I manage to still survive with one Vickers tho. Just gotta put it in a trench
6 Jan 2016, 14:10 PM

Nice Strategy. I have tried to use it as a guide for 4v4 matches and it works great. Though i find it depends on the map whether i go UC first of Vickers. Sometimes i even build two vickers.

Though at least personally in 4v4 matches i have found that keeping the UC alive until cp4 only works 40% of the time because if it has just a tiny bit of damage then gets hit by a German single use rocket or panzashrek it insta kills it.

I can never vet up the sniper before the Luches arrive or scout cars. Thus...

I like to upgrade a repair saper with piats (Only 1 squad). To deal with early vehicles and generally to delay enemy flanking vehicles, Also if i push without vehicles at any point its nice to have something to distract enemy vehicles until my tanks are there to assist

Teammates in 4v4 dont listen if you tell them that you really need munition points, i have lost matches because my teammates dont listen, cp the two fuel points, but then i dont have any munitions to upgrade my IS, either do they, so we soon get pushed back with arty, grenades ect

Finnally in 4v4 matches shortly after you have 2 cromwells and make a push you really need to take note whether the match if basically over or not. If its not then you need to start building comets or churhills and fireflies over cromswells. Usally 4v4 matches end shortly after the first or second cromwell or its going to be a super long match requiring heavier tanks
6 Jan 2016, 15:09 PM

Not sure about 4v4 etc but the problem I find when I build a HMG 1v1 is that the axis player just avoids it like the plague, which is great for VP control early on but it doesn't really earn me command points. I usually build a trench or two ready to take the free HMG but roaming IS or just pushing forward seems to get me those points more quickly. Hitting that 4cp with munitions in the bank as early as possible is vital.

Might try building a Pak early to compliment the free one. As soon as he sees trenches they seem to either bring or mortar up or rush a light vehicle.

Also crewing the free pak with IS with enhanced sight range seems to make them much more effective, though a bit pricier than engies.

Did try various aggressive mortar placements hoping they could survive but not much luck there..

I'm rubbish with snipers but only noticed the other night that they get to call in the base arty too. Wondering whether hold fire and just using them to scout for the mortar pit might work. Is the axis player informed when you've thrown a flare? I'm thinking if they go mortar and just set it up out of my sight range they might just leave it and micro elsewhere, in which case the sniper might get to call in arty on top of them and then finish off anyone not killed by the fires. Or call in arty on their retreat path maybe whilst the mortar does it's job?

The response time for the base arty is criminally bad, but only the first time you use it. Think the guns have to train or something. Second time is much more useable though does impinge on your munitions quite heavily.

I'm starting to think that forward retreat point is more important than a mortar pit but haven't really tested it yet and 450 manpower might well be too much in the earlyish game. Or rather have and have lost it quickly. Nor the bofors. Think they have more hp than a mortar pit and would counter light vehicles in the centre of the map without the naff minimum range.
6 Jan 2016, 17:03 PM

I haven't found any use for the expensive engineers, anyone know how many resources you get from a scavenged tank as mine have always died whilst trying it. And you can't build with them... 450 manpower is a big investment unless you're getting something concrete out of them.

Have allways thought that they were pretty good so just did a quick test,and was surprised at how good they are:

PIV MP 150+ F 50+
STUG MP 175+ F 50+
AMBULANCE MU 150+
HT MU 85+
T4 MP 120+ F 30+

Its all dependant on how much 'health' the wreck has.

Not sure it helps in a 2v2 but in a 4v4 with a high vehicle attrition its a must!
6 Jan 2016, 20:44 PM

Very interesting Storm...

Are any of the wrecks you see on maps savlageable? Did a search and found some references, but also some patch notes saying they'd been removed.
6 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

Very interesting Storm...

Are any of the wrecks you see on maps savlageable? Did a search and found some references, but also some patch notes saying they'd been removed.

No the map wrecks arn't, just the ones that are destroyed in game
7 Jan 2016, 00:04 AM

Good guide, but you get rekt vs good Ostheer player without much trouble
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment