Login

russian armor

Give the tripwire flare to the Germans.

28 Jun 2013, 23:37 PM

As I see that no russian uses them I would be more than glad to get them instead of the 20 ammo Healpacks.
Russians already have the cheap (30 ammo) Anti infantry mine, but Germans are missing in that regard.
I can't see really good use for the healpack, because most of the time IF you want to use them at all it is on your vetted squads. In general there are not many situations where I would use them, because I need ammo elsewhere, and can just send my units back to base. Especially because Squads that are on low HP also miss 1 Member at least. The only good situation is if your squad has still 4 members and got flamed.
29 Jun 2013, 05:12 AM

I think, It's not bad idea.

because, Knowing about moving of conscripts is important to german users.

in vCoH, The mine helped it. but in CoH2, the S-mine can't help it :(
29 Jun 2013, 11:10 AM
Patrion 27

They way that I push and fall-back with Soviet compared to Ostheer trying to grab key spots and hold them I actually think the flare makes more sense for Soviets. I could see them being useful for both sides.

Simply buff the med packs a bit and I don't think we'd even worry about this issue at all.
29 Jun 2013, 12:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Flare is fine and a very "cool" ability.

Medkit however is 5hit.
29 Jun 2013, 20:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

if medkits could heal own guys 2 maybe at a slower rate then healing another units then i feel the ability would be fine.
29 Jun 2013, 23:23 PM

Medkits would also be decent if it didn't take like 5 seconds to activate.
The only reason to use it if you don't have a healing bunker yet or if you really want to heal one key unit up before the next assault. However, most of the time the unit you want to heal up will be the one holding vet so it is a bit counter-intuitive. Maybe if it healed the squad using it as well?
Or make it cheaper... 20 munitions when you are already starved for munitions as Ostheer is too much for healing one unit out of combat.

Plus, is it really needed that nearly every German unit has the same vet ability? With the Soviets' mobile cap-everything everywhere play style it at least makes sense to have it on more unit (although 2/3 will be conscripts anyways)... I'd really like to see more variety there.
Of course giving other Soviet infantry other vet abilities would be fine then too. Hell, you could even give Pioneers the flare ability and Combat Engineers medikits.
30 Jun 2013, 09:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Change medkit to a self-usable 3s wounded model recovery mechanic for 20 munis.

In asymmetrical design, this would create an interesting Ostheer alternative to Sovs Con Merge for maintqining field presence, as well as an interesting option related to the "wounded model" which currently is only utilised by G34s Interrogation.

Can I get a second for this suggestion?
30 Jun 2013, 15:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge

That would be interesting. I'd at least like to see how it plays out.
30 Jun 2013, 18:15 PM

That mechanic could be interesting, but situational.

Tripwire flares should not be in the German Army, it is a Soviet ability. I would rather have some creative abilities for the germans as well.

In general though, vet abilities shave become too repetitive for all units (back in closed beta, they were downright OP though).

I think they should be split into three: Pios/CE's should have their own, Grens/conscripts their vet ability and PGrens/Penal Battalions their own.

In the case of soviets, they have two doctrinal call ins: Guards and Shock Troopers. Give em the same vet upgrade. Ostruppen should have the same ability as Grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★